Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Dealer Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i, Premium/Sport Packages. Heated Seats, Sat Radio, Mystic Blue Metallic and Dakota Gray Leather interior. Active steering and headlights, M5 166 wheels

My car had it's windshield replaces 3 weeks ago. It has been a very unhappy experience. I took it to the dealer (Nick Alexander) and they have a guy or company come onsite and do their window repairs/replacements. When I first got the car back after the replacement I could hear the wind noise very pronounced. I took the car back and they reglued the windshield checking for air leaks. Got the car back again and still hear the wind noise even worse. So back for a 3rd visit. The service manger (Mel) road test with me and sure enough he heard the wind noise and said maybe the seal is bad or some air is getting under the seal. My cabin is very noisy.

Well all this time I had a 535 MY08 Twin Turbo and I will tell you that was nice and quick.

So I go back on Thursday afternoon to pick up my car and looks like they fixed the wind noise. However there was a small chip on the windshield, the brand new windshield they just put in . When I got home I began polishing my 166's and low and behold there was curb rash on my new d*mn wheels. I was livid.

I called my SA immediately and left a message. Next day I called him and he said they would take care of the curb rash and also have the window guy come back on Monday and bring a new windshield.

My worry is twofold, one is they barely got the windshield right and now they have to take it out again, will it every be quiet in the cabin again?

Two, Son Tran did my wheels and I don't care what anyone says, the guy is a wizard. I don't know if the dealer has wizards or warthogs. What will my wheels look like. I don't think they will have the artistry of Mr. Tran, so I am considering taking the one wheel back to Son and maybe getting the dealer to comp me in some other way (maybe give me an aero kit )

Anyway I didn't want to deal with it today so I told the guy let's deal with it next week. What a bummer. I have put my Aero kit on hold because the car has been in the dealer more than with me in the 1mos I have had the car.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BlueMajik' post='552644' date='Mar 29 2008, 01:37 AM
My car had it's windshield replaces 3 weeks ago. It has been a very unhappy experience. I took it to the dealer (Nick Alexander) and they have a guy or company come onsite and do their window repairs/replacements. When I first got the car back after the replacement I could hear the wind noise very pronounced. I took the car back and they reglued the windshield checking for air leaks. Got the car back again and still hear the wind noise even worse. So back for a 3rd visit. The service manger (Mel) road test with me and sure enough he heard the wind noise and said maybe the seal is bad or some air is getting under the seal. My cabin is very noisy.

Well all this time I had a 535 MY08 Twin Turbo and I will tell you that was nice and quick.

So I go back on Thursday afternoon to pick up my car and looks like they fixed the wind noise. However there was a small chip on the windshield, the brand new windshield they just put in . When I got home I began polishing my 166's and low and behold there was curb rash on my new d*mn wheels. I was livid.

I called my SA immediately and left a message. Next day I called him and he said they would take care of the curb rash and also have the window guy come back on Monday and bring a new windshield.

My worry is twofold, one is they barely got the windshield right and now they have to take it out again, will it every be quiet in the cabin again?

Two, Son Tran did my wheels and I don't care what anyone says, the guy is a wizard. I don't know if the dealer has wizards or warthogs. What will my wheels look like. I don't think they will have the artistry of Mr. Tran, so I am considering taking the one wheel back to Son and maybe getting the dealer to comp me in some other way (maybe give me an aero kit )

Anyway I didn't want to deal with it today so I told the guy let's deal with it next week. What a bummer. I have put my Aero kit on hold because the car has been in the dealer more than with me in the 1mos I have had the car.

Dude that sucks... You think if you take it to the dealer it is going to be done right the first time.. that is what you are paying for right? Well at least it sounds like they are being helpful.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

sorry to hear man. If you trust Son to do your wheels, see if the dealer will just reimburse you for his expense (doubt it will be as much as the people the dealer uses anyway) Hope you get everything resolved....
Old 04-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Contributors

I had my windshield replaced last year with a shop Allstate recommended....brought it back twice and until this day I hear wind noise coming from the top drivers side. Nobody wants to touch it, fearing they might damage it. Allstate was giving me the runaround. I'm thinking about chipping the windshield again and having them replace it