Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Dealer Damaged all 4 rims 545i Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 10:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I just got my car back today after 2.5 weeks in the shop.

I posted last week about the car having a bad vibration.

Well they over inflated my tires and bent my two rear rims.

They relaced all 4 tires and the 2 rims under warranty, I purchased 2 new rims for the front 3 weeks prior

the clown in the shop who did the mounting and balancing chewed up all the area around the rim on each one, one of the fronts he slipped and the prybar hit the face and chipped the paint.

I have 4 new rims and tires and the rims look curbed

What should I do?

I told service advisior and she saw damage. I have not been called back yet.

They blamed me last week but they Installed 2 new rear rims on Monday and before I left I checked and saw the damage again and pointed this out.

Suggestions?
Old 07-12-2005, 10:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ziering545I' date='Jul 12 2005, 06:42 PM
I told service advisior and she saw damage. I have not been called back yet.

They blamed me last week but they Installed 2 new rear rims on Monday and before I left I checked and saw the damage again and pointed this out.

Suggestions?
I had a similar experience (Not BMW dealer I hasten to add) and the garage denied the damage because they had not examined the state of the wheels before the work.

Now I ensure that I get them inspected BEFORE any work and get the worksheet signed with the state of the wheels. They don't like doing it but it's essential for any consequential claim. Runflat tyres need proper training and tools!

In my previous example I had caused some curb-rash myself and was reasonably happy with the 50% settlement offered...
Old 07-12-2005, 01:36 PM
Senior Members

i kind of remember there is a diagram on the service order. just like the ones on the rental car invoice. that's the service advisor's responsibility to check the car prior any service. if they screw it up, they have to repair it. they can't deny it. if he/she didn't check your car before handing out the service order to you and if you already had some damages on your car. you can even have them repair everything or you can refuse to pick up the car. but i'm not sure if it's different in the other countries.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2002 330CIC with Sports and Premium (Sold 4/2005) 2005 545I Black Saphire Metalic, with Black Dakota Leather, Poplar trim. Sport Package, MTech Body kit and Spoiler, HUD, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Premium sound, CWP, Heated Rear Seats, Window shades. Valentine 1 hardwired, Aux input.

Hell yes they are responsible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make enough noise and they will fix it.