Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Crossing the Atlantic

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 08:21 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i sports package, Nav, HUD, cold weather, Prem sound, Orient Blue, Auburn int. Steptronic

Well I orderd an 05 545 and can't wait either. I went to the BMWUSA site and can enter my production number. I can see the status of the car. But it only provides general information like scheduled for production. There's no details of how long it takes from that point, etc. Any idea how I can get more details and how long I can expect to wait for delivery from this point? Also don't see any FAQs

What is the W/W tracking site? Am I looking on the wrong place? and yes I'm very excited too.

Steve
Old 10-16-2004, 08:42 AM
Contributors

Click on the thread link in my previous post. The link to w/w is in Rudy's post, 2nd one down. You will need the VIN from the dealer.

Dealer is best place to get the status as the owners circle and phone number was a little behind.
Old 10-16-2004, 12:31 PM
Members

My Ride: 545Ai, Silver grey, black, poplar, Sport Pkg, Logic 7, Comfort seats, Nav, HUD, PDC, rear shades, and satellite radio

CRRobert,

When did your car finish production? My car made it to port on 10/11, but I haven't been able to get it's VIN to come up on the WW website.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:33 PM
Contributors

firewired,

According to a printout from my dealer, it says Act. Prod Date of 10/24/04, but this was on 10/9 when it was in port and according to the W/W site, it was loaded on 10/11. I think that the finish production date was more like 10/8.

Maybe yours came on another shipping line, or wasn't loaded on that ship.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:20 PM
Members

My Ride: 545Ai, Silver grey, black, poplar, Sport Pkg, Logic 7, Comfort seats, Nav, HUD, PDC, rear shades, and satellite radio

My production date was 10/08 also. Last I know it was still at port. True it may have come a different shipping line. BMWNA wasn't helpful, I will try and email my dealer on monday to check the status. Congratulations on making it to water!

Oh, one last thing, when you check OC does it still say "awaiting transport" even though yours is on board a ship?
Old 10-16-2004, 05:36 PM
Members

Originally Posted by firewired' date='Oct 16 2004, 06:20 PM
My production date was 10/08 also.? Last I know it was still at port.? True it may have come a different shipping line.?
I guess I'll chime in too. My dealer told me my 05 545 finished production on 10/8 also. The OC site and the automated phone line both say I'm still "at the port". My experience is that both of these are way behind. In fact, my car was just about finished in production before the OC site finally showed that it was in production. The dealer does seem the best source of information.

CRRobert, I notice you're in San Diego - er, at least part of the time. Which dealer? I'm using Harloff.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:24 PM
Senior Members

Waiting for pics.
When I ordered my car, one that matched my requirements had just been delivered to Los Angeles so I only had to wait a couple of days.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:51 PM
Contributors

Sorry for the long reply.

Currently the OC shows my car En Route (in transit to processing center) as of this post. The cargo status History of the W/W ship says it was booked 10/7, received at terminal 10/8, and loaded onto vessel 10/11. So maybe mine finished production a little earlier. I am suprised that yours are on the same ship. Now that I think about it, GF545, yours will be delivered to West Coast VPC, which would be a different ship. The one I am on, only docks on the East coast based on its schedule. The only reason for this, is that I am getting delivery at the Performance Center. Firewired, I don't know which VPC is used for Texas, but if I would have had it delivered to CO, it would have gone through the West Coast VPC similar to GF545 and yours might also.

As far as dealer, I am using one in Denver. I am out here in San Diego temporarily, still live in CO, so wanted to get through dealer there. It will bring it out to San Diego after Xmas, need the car in CO for the Holidays, so won't have it for the SoCal meet and greet.

Jimbo, what luck. I just wanted an 05 and Performance Center Delivery just before Thanksgiving, otherwise could have gotten delivery sooner. Camera will be ready.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Robert, Performance Center delivery can be bittersweet. If you're in a hurry to get your car, the PC delivery can add a week or two to the delivery date but the nice thing about the it is that you have a date that you know you'll get your car. For me, the last week or so of the wait was actually pretty calming. I knew the car came off the boat and I knew it would be waiting for me when I got to SC.

I bet you're going nuts right about now...hang in there! I think you'll be crazier once you've had a chance to drive it and you leave it behind to be redelivered to you in Colorado!! Kind of like ED -- without the castles...
Old 10-18-2004, 08:05 AM
Contributors

Well the great folks at W/W were able to give me the Call Sign of the Ship. I was able to get onto the Oceanweather site and get its location.

Quick Reply: Crossing the Atlantic