Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Crevier SUCKS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 10:03 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i

Crevier wants to charge me 150 just to turn off my DRLs and they also want to charge me to get MP3 to play on my CD player. They also won't to do a software upgrade for me.. Is this typical? I'm still covered under warranty. Does anyone know any other dealerships in Orange County that are better. I'm not very happy with crevier, the past few times I went I felt the the customer service wasn't too great. I brought my car in 4 times for squeeky brakes, and finally on the 4th time I printed out the SIB and gave it to my service advisor who said they already replaced the sensors, I told them to call a shop foreman out and he looked at it and said that they had never been replaced so they finally replaced it and no more squeeking. I think next time I'm gonna buy my car some where else.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Senior Members

Me dealer charged me $50 to turn off my DRLs just because I had them do it when nothing else needed to be done. Kind of a bad choice on my part, but whatever.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Heiss5' post='338845' date='Sep 26 2006, 11:09 AM
Me dealer charged me $50 to turn off my DRLs just because I had them do it when nothing else needed to be done. Kind of a bad choice on my part, but whatever.
I wouldn't mind $50 so much, but I am also takingit in for other problems, so they want to charge me an extra $150 for that. I told them about how I go on the forums and thats how I got the SIB and how I knew a new software upgrade was out, he told me that I look at the forums too much and that they don't know they are talking about. More I think about it, the more steamed I am.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Senior Members

That's exactly what happened to me at my last dealer. They wanted to charge me $500 for just the AUX input and they told me that the forums didn't know what they were talking about. So I left and got a new one, which is where I paid $150 for the AUX input and later paid $50 to turn off the DRLs.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

You can take your car to any BMW dealership in OC for service. Just be aware that the other dealerships might not let you have a loaner while they are working on your car. Most dealerships only offer loaners to those that buy from them.

Now, most if not all, dealerships will not give you a free software upgrade just because you asked for it. As you already know they will charge you a fee. Only way to get a software upgrade for free is to go in with a legitimate problem that only a new software will fix.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:36 AM
Contributors

Why do you need the dealer to turn off DRL? Its an option in the Vehicle Lighting Settings. At least on all the Thai cars they are.. You can select it and it'll turn on all the time, or deselect and it only turns on at night... Strange...
Old 09-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Yeah, BMWNA is strange that way. They don't think we can handle having a DRL option on our cars.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='338853' date='Sep 26 2006, 11:23 AM
You can take your car to any BMW dealership in OC for service. Just be aware that the other dealerships might not let you have a loaner while they are working on your car. Most dealerships only offer loaners to those that buy from them.

Now, most if not all, dealerships will not give you a free software upgrade just because you asked for it. As you already know they will charge you a fee. Only way to get a software upgrade for free is to go in with a legitimate problem that only a new software will fix.
Yeah I can understand that, so why not just list the things that sporadically happen that also co-incide with what the software upgrade fixes.

I also bought extended maintenace and warranty from them. You would think they would do little things like the DRL out of goodwill. They made enough money out of me.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

DANG!!! $150??? they ripped you off hard... I'm sorry... that sucks. DRL takes a total of 3 mins to turn off. I know. I took my car back to my buying dealer and they did it in 3 mins... I didnt even get to sit down on the couch and it was already back out.

Being covered under warranty doesnt mean much when it comes to software upgrade... unless you really have somthing that "Broke" and can be fixed via S/W they'll do it for free... otherwise they wont... it takes too much time (* ~4 hours*) to do... so its understandable that the dealers wont do it just cuz you want it.

With all that said... I wouldnt want an upgrade unless you truly need it... they break more stuff than they fix... serious... its not woth the risk...

as for MP3... I dunno I've lost interest on the topic cuz i cant get it on my car so I'm bitter.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='339065' date='Sep 26 2006, 07:58 PM
DANG!!! $150??? they ripped you off hard... I'm sorry... that sucks. DRL takes a total of 3 mins to turn off. I know. I took my car back to my buying dealer and they did it in 3 mins... I didnt even get to sit down on the couch and it was already back out.

Being covered under warranty doesnt mean much when it comes to software upgrade... unless you really have somthing that "Broke" and can be fixed via S/W they'll do it for free... otherwise they wont... it takes too much time (* ~4 hours*) to do... so its understandable that the dealers wont do it just cuz you want it.

With all that said... I wouldnt want an upgrade unless you truly need it... they break more stuff than they fix... serious... its not woth the risk...

as for MP3... I dunno I've lost interest on the topic cuz i cant get it on my car so I'm bitter.

well i didn't pay the 150, i said forget it.

I want to swap out the DRL with some brighter lights, anyone know of any?

Quick Reply: Crevier SUCKS!!!