Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Courteous Dealer in South Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

Does anyone in South Bay Area know which dealer is courteous? I had my car in for transmission shifting problem and is treated like hell. Stevens Creek BMW.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by my530i' date='Apr 26 2005, 04:46 PM
Hi,

Does anyone in South Bay Area know which dealer is courteous? I had my car in for transmission shifting problem and is treated like hell. Stevens Creek BMW.
[snapback]120491[/snapback]
I've found Mountain View BMW to be crowded and discourteous, the exact opposite of my experience at Stevens Creek BMW. Oh well.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

I had the same experience for Stevens Creek BMW. Their service really s***s.. Now my car is in BMW of Mountain View for some problems (Windows squeeking, Airbag sensor fault) And they gave me a z4 loaner... I'm enjoying driving the car.. it handles great and run pretty fast too..

I'll give some feedbacks again after i get my car back tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Members

Contrary to my previous experiences over the years, the service and support at Stevens Creek BMW is absolutely fantastic. If you need a lease on a BMW, go see Khai Byrd. Khai is as professional a person as you will find, in any business.

I am taking my car in for service on Wednesday. I asked for the 1.62 software update and they provided me with an appointment within three business days. I will post my thoughts on the new software, their service department and some pictures after I pick up the car.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

This is one of those "No such thing as *THE* perfect dealer" cases. :'(
Personally, I've used BMW of Mountain View (formerly Allison BMW) for the last 8 years.

I've had only 2 service advisors over these past 8 years. It seems to help if you go into such a "relationship" as partners. Doesn't hurt to tell your service advisor that you "Really do want to give him a perfect "5" rating when BMW calls for their survey...."

I have had a great experience at BMW of Mountain View. Rumor has it that Peter Pan BMW is also a good place to go (According to some of my other BMW buddies).

Good Luck!
-Tony
Old 04-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Vansmac' date='Apr 26 2005, 06:50 PM
Contrary to my previous experiences over the years, the service and support at Stevens Creek BMW is absolutely fantastic. If you need a lease on a BMW, go see Khai Byrd. Khai is as professional a person as you will find, in any business.

I am taking my car in for service on Wednesday. I asked for the 1.62 software update and they provided me with an appointment within three business days. I will post my thoughts on the new software, their service department and some pictures after I pick up the car.
[snapback]120545[/snapback]
In a few days I'm getting the AUX input installed, a spoiler put on, and the software upgraded at SC BMW. I ordered the parts yesterday. I had stopped off at MV BMW first. There must have been 30-40 cars jammed into the service bay and spilling out, and dozens of customers wandering around everywhere looking for help. The one guy who would talk to me talked to me only long enough to say 'book an appointment'. He wouldn't even tell me if this sort of day was typical or not. I immediately got in my car and drove to SC BMW. Far less crowded, and a much more pleasant experience.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Orient Blue, Black Interior, Sport Package, Satellite

From a sales perspective, the Mountain View BMW sales people were more professional and direct than the people I worked with at Fremon, Stevens Creek and Claridges.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:17 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Not exactly the south bay, but I've been bringing my BMWs to Peter Pan for service for years and have been very satisfied. I just got off the phone with BMW's customer sat survey people and gave them all 5s. Ask for Nicole Nunes in service.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ZinMe' date='Apr 28 2005, 09:08 PM
From a sales perspective, the Mountain View BMW sales people were more professional and direct than the people I worked with at Fremon, Stevens Creek and Claridges.
[snapback]121729[/snapback]
When they show up... a few weeks ago I wanted to test drive a BMW for the first time. Walked into MV BMW, ignored by everyone. Asked the receptionist I needed to see a sales guy, was told one would come when available. I must have sat at a table for 45 minutes, further ignored. I've found that organizations that are incompetent in one area are generally incompetent in all areas, from sales to service to the cleanliness of the bathrooms. Excellence is an attitude, not a skill.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:45 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by Merzbow' date='Apr 29 2005, 12:10 AM
[quote name='ZinMe' date='Apr 28 2005, 09:08 PM']From a sales perspective, the Mountain View BMW sales people were more professional and direct than the people I worked with at Fremon, Stevens Creek and Claridges.
[snapback]121729[/snapback]
When they show up... a few weeks ago I wanted to test drive a BMW for the first time. Walked into MV BMW, ignored by everyone. Asked the receptionist I needed to see a sales guy, was told one would come when available. I must have sat at a table for 45 minutes, further ignored. I've found that organizations that are incompetent in one area are generally incompetent in all areas, from sales to service to the cleanliness of the bathrooms. Excellence is an attitude, not a skill.
[snapback]121779[/snapback]
[/quote]

When I was shopping for my 545i in January I went to Stevens Creek and had the same experience...waited a while for a sales person...went to receptionist...waited some more...went to receptionist again...waited some more...left. I didn't feel like begging them to take my money...

Quick Reply: Courteous Dealer in South Bay Area