5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/)
-   -   A couple of questions before I pull the trigger (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/couple-questions-before-i-pull-trigger-7432/)

dean 02-19-2005 09:31 PM

Hi all,

I've had my E39 540 for close to 6 years now and think it's time to refresh.

Some good deals to be had with the 2004 inventory and I was hoping some folks could answer these questions.

I'm looking at getting a 2004 545 (here in Canada).

1) Are all 2004 5 series cars bluetooth ready? Searching through the forums here seem to have conflicting reports. Is blue-tooth readiness simply having a certain software revision? If so, what is the minimum? What version should I be asking for?

2) Will my E39 winter wheels fit on the E60? They are OEM BMW wheels.

3) Should I get the Aux-Input? How are people using theirs? Has anyone in Canada done such a thing? Any dealer resistance?

4) Brain-cramp and I can't think of the other questions... so I'll let these fly and come back if I have to ;)

Thanks

ademitt 02-19-2005 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by dean' date='Feb 20 2005, 12:31 AM
Hi all,

Some good deals to be had with the 2004 inventory and I was hoping some folks could answer these questions.

1) Are all 2004 5 series cars bluetooth ready?? Searching through the forums here seem to have conflicting reports.? Is blue-tooth readiness simply having a certain software revision?? If so, what is the minimum?? What version should I be asking for?

2) Will my E39 winter wheels fit on the E60?? They are OEM BMW wheels.

3) Should I get the Aux-Input?? How are people using theirs?? Has anyone in Canada done such a thing?? Any dealer resistance?

4) Brain-cramp and I can't think of the other questions... so I'll let these fly and come back if I have to ;)

Thanks
[snapback]92302[/snapback]

First of all, welcome to the boards dean.

1. BT is strictly software related on cars built after mid March 04. Minimum software required is 13.3 I believe.

2. I do not think so as offsets may be different. I ended up getting new winter wheels when I switched from my E39 to my E60.

3 I am using mu AUX In for an ipod. No issues with my dealer for getting it installed. Mine was the first they tried here in Calgary and it went very well.

4. come back soon. There is a great group willing to help on these boards. Fill in your location on your profile and it will help with geographic specific advice.

Iceman, I did beat you this time ! :P :twoup:

DXXXi 02-19-2005 09:57 PM

Welcome Dean. I don't know the answer to 2 and 3 but the answer to 1 is no, definitely not all 2004s are bluetooth compatible (at least without spending a lot of $). Cars built before March 2004 need a different TCU to enable bluetooth. I think cars built between March and September can have bluetooth enabled and cars built from September onward (i.e. 05s) have BT.

dean 02-19-2005 10:04 PM

Great stuff, thanks for the quick replies guys, and thanks for the welcome.

When you broached the subject on the Aux-Input, did they understand you right away? (Or put another way, can I simply ask them to put in an Aux-Input and they'll understand right away? Or should I print out the PDF floating around here to show them what I'm talking about?)

dean 02-19-2005 10:11 PM

Thought of one more:

4) Am I Nuckin' Futz even asking whether or not the standard seats could be replaced at the dealer with comfort/ventilated seats? Would that be a factory only option?

soc_fans 02-20-2005 12:24 AM

offsets for E39 and E60 are the same...

300TTto545 02-20-2005 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by dean' date='Feb 20 2005, 01:11 AM
Thought of one more:

4) Am I Nuckin' Futz even asking whether or not the standard seats could be replaced at the dealer with comfort/ventilated seats?? Would that be a factory only option?
[snapback]92312[/snapback]

Definitely NF

It seems possible but given the cost of the seats - not likely. Vented seat require Nasca leather which would need to be in the car everywhere (or look really stupid). I suspect comfort seats alone would cost $6000 (dealer cost). And I doubt that they could get credit for the standard seats.

gabman 02-20-2005 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by dean' date='Feb 20 2005, 01:31 AM
Hi all,

1) Are all 2004 5 series cars bluetooth ready?? Searching through the forums here seem to have conflicting reports.? Is blue-tooth readiness simply having a certain software revision?? If so, what is the minimum?? What version should I be asking for?

2) Will my E39 winter wheels fit on the E60?? They are OEM BMW wheels.

3) Should I get the Aux-Input?? How are people using theirs?? Has anyone in Canada done such a thing?? Any dealer resistance?

Thanks
[snapback]92302[/snapback]

Hi Dean

Check your PM, sent you a message.
Welcome

Iceman 02-20-2005 07:27 AM

Welcome aboard, dean http://forums.e60.net/uploads/post-2-1091911634.gif!

The seat can be switched, but it would cost waaaay too much.
It is cheaper to get another car.

Iceman 02-20-2005 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by ademitt' date='Feb 20 2005, 07:57 AM
First of all, welcome to the boards dean.
Iceman,? I did beat you this time !? :P? :twoup:
[snapback]92307[/snapback]

Yeah, no wonder... Sometimes I have to sleep... :P