Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Considering a 530d Auto????

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 02:37 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530d M Sport Auto, Carbon Black, Dakota Leather, Media Pack, Visibility Pack. iPod

I agree with you entirely! To be fair I think the problem here is with BMW product development, my e39 was just brilliant. As I am on a contract hire deal I have no control over the situation either which is frustrating me even more.
If I'd bought it I could sell it ;-)
Old 01-23-2006, 04:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Originally Posted by browellm' post='227064
Have been reading this with some concern...I've pre-ordered a 530d Touring Sport demonstrator to my own spec (with a list price of over ?48k) and will get it in June. A characteristic such as this would drive me NUTS and given the potential safety aspects, I think it's unacceptable. Right now, I'm seriously concerned...to whom/which department did you speak to at BMW UK, and what was their response? I need to decide PDQ whether to cancel the order as the car is about to be built, and buy the Discovery my wife really really wants...

Await your comments with interest.

Nick
With respect, it's scaremongering by a disgruntled customer. He may well have a legitimate concern with his car, but don't think that all steptronics behave this way, the vast majority are just fine.
[/quote]

With ultimate respect I take offence at that comment. If somebody on this forum seems to have a legitimate problem, which so many on this thread seem to have I dont think they can be fobbed off as scaremongers. Its incredibly easy for one who has not got this problem to be blase about it. The Auto trans in BMW cars is the only way to go. For decades they have been the leaders in this technology and have had it right in previous models so it is safe to expect the same perfection on current models

Grinche