Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

clueless at the dealership

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 01:54 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60

Just got my car back from my dealership and I was talking to the SHOP FOREMAN (the guy in charge of all the techs) and he did not know about the CTRL ALT DEL reboot function on cars with Nav. He was like, "I didn't know that".

I've seen many other cases like this in the last year where we know more about these cars than they do.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Yes I would agree with you that dealers have limited knowledge on the E60. They know how to sell cars and bolt expensive bits on - thats it!
Old 07-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Senior Members

not surprise to hear this at all. i think only a few of lucky members in here have good and knowledgable dealerships. the rest of us, sigh, better stick with the forum .
Old 07-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of them never wants to learn new things. They think they knows a lot, but nothing compared to us.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

In fairness to the dealerships, it's pretty hard for them to know the ins and outs of the E60 (or every model they service, for that matter) as comprehensively as the large, global collection of enthusiastic E60 owners we have right here.

I know my dealer and service tech read this forum and they've told me that we do, in fact, know things that they didn't know. What's nice is that my dealer isn't clueless at all but they still find this forum useful!
Old 07-13-2005, 06:30 PM
Members

As Rudy mentioned these dealerships have to know more than just one model of a car. Imagine trying to keep up for every new change on every vehicle. In my experience, they want to learn about "their" cars as much as we do.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by Bubblehead' date='Jul 14 2005, 03:30 AM
As Rudy mentioned these dealerships have to know more than just one model of a car.? Imagine trying to keep up for every new change on every vehicle.? In my experience, they want to learn about "their" cars as much as we do.
[snapback]148890[/snapback]
Agreed. That's why I find that this forum is great for us being able to know at best the nicest tips about the car. Hum talking about that, how work this CTRL ALT DEL? What are the buttons to use for?
Old 07-14-2005, 05:19 AM
Senior Members

In Singapore, we just had an E60 meet at our dealer's, on their initiative and premise

One of the issue raised was that CAs are rather ignorant about the E60s - the dealer's rep announced that they may try to get the CAs drive company E60s home to familiarlise themselves with the car so that they would appreciate our questions - now what do you think of this initiative?
Old 07-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

I know guys, but the freakin foreman that's in charge of the entire shop!!? This is just one example. I've talked to the guy before and he borders on clueless when it comes to the e60.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:33 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jul 13 2005, 05:09 PM
In fairness to the dealerships, it's pretty hard for them to know the ins and outs of the E60 (or every model they service, for that matter) as comprehensively as the? large, global collection of enthusiastic E60 owners we have right here.
[snapback]148843[/snapback]
Yes, but does BMW know anything about managing databases? I know they have their TIS system, but why don't they utilize it more and/or modify it improve the sharing of info with the dealerships. If we can capture this information in a standard discussion forum, I think BMW could spend a little extra $$$ on a more robust knowledge sharing platform that takes care of their dealerships and doesn't make them look like idiots. They need to look up the term, "Knowledge Management" on the internet and learn that there are people, processes, and systems that can help them improve their knowledge sharing and reduce costs! Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: clueless at the dealership