Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Classic BMW of Plano, TX BAD Experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So here is a letter that I sent to the management people at the local dealership. I am sending BMW of North America a letter as well.

To whom it may concern,

I brought my vehicle to Classic BMW of Plano, TX on May 22, 2008 for its first routine 15k miles maintenance. During the first 15k miles of the vehicle, I have kept the car in excellent condition trying ever so possible to prevent door dings, minor scratches and so forth. Upon picking up my vehicle on May 23, 2008, I inspected my car before driving off and notice a chip on the passenger rear door, which was not there when I check the vehicle in. I asked to speak with my service advisor (Greg) and he at first stated that it seems like an old scratch someone has tried to touch it up. I was upset that he would try to make a claim like that since I know every scratch on my vehicle. He finally pulled the vehicle pre-inspection report and was able to verified that this chip was indeed cause between the time I dropped off my vehicle till the time I picked it up. He scheduled to me to come back Wednesday May 28, 2008 so the chip can be fixed. I am very disappointed and upset that this has happen to my vehicle at a top class auto dealership. I am waiting to see the results of this fix as I know it not make the chip invisible. In addition, this has cause me some inconvenience to bring my vehicle back to the dealership again to wait for them to fix this.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i

Sorry to hear the mishap. I, like you, know every inch of my vehicles and it would piss me off too if they tried to pass it off as something I had done. No matter how well they fix it, you'll always know its there and probably see it (even though others wouldn't )
Old 05-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M package

Originally Posted by TX-T.Silver' post='587279' date='May 23 2008, 09:59 PM
Sorry to hear the mishap. I, like you, know every inch of my vehicles and it would piss me off too if they tried to pass it off as something I had done. No matter how well they fix it, you'll always know its there and probably see it (even though others wouldn't )

I change from BMW of Dallas they are a nightmare and now I took my car to classic for service also im stated to noticed bad service. I am at the 50k on my car and ask the S.A. to do the maintanance 2 on my car that its almost there and he said that they are not doing any mayor services now just regular oil change... that sucks and Im sorry to hear about your car, hope they fixed good . btw sometimes they return your car with free car wash but the interior your floor mats if they are tan they give you a free dirty grease looking that you have to go home and cleaan
Old 05-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I've taken several cars to Classic, BMW of Dallas and Moritz BMW. Out of those three, I've had the best service from Moritz BMW. Living in Denton makes for a very far drive, but I may go back to them. I'm currently servicing my car at BMW of Dallas due to the long-standing SA relationship I've had. Last time I picked up my car from them, I ended up with a minor scratch on the hood.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Members

Try Autobahn BMW in Fort Worth. I am sold on these guys -- have been doing business with them since 1999. Can't say anough good things about them.

-- Kelly
Old 05-27-2008, 11:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Kelly550' post='589336' date='May 27 2008, 02:19 PM
Try Autobahn BMW in Fort Worth. I am sold on these guys -- have been doing business with them since 1999. Can't say anough good things about them.

-- Kelly
Thanks Kelly. Is there a particular SA there that you deal with? That might be a closer drive for me.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:48 AM
Members

tranman,

It sounds like they're trying to do the right thing by fixing the paint chip. Why don't you give them a chance to make it right before firing off a negative letter. I take my cars to Classic, and I know they can be arrogant at times, but I'm not sure what your letter will accomplish if they're already taking car of the problem.

You might ask for a new SA also. As others have suggested, there are other BMW dealers in the DFW area, but if you live/work near Classic, I can't imagine driving all the way to Arlington of FW for service.

Good luck.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by TXPearl' post='589969' date='May 28 2008, 09:48 AM
tranman,

It sounds like they're trying to do the right thing by fixing the paint chip. Why don't you give them a chance to make it right before firing off a negative letter. I take my cars to Classic, and I know they can be arrogant at times, but I'm not sure what your letter will accomplish if they're already taking car of the problem.

You might ask for a new SA also. As others have suggested, there are other BMW dealers in the DFW area, but if you live/work near Classic, I can't imagine driving all the way to Arlington of FW for service.

Good luck.
so here is an update on what they did when i took my vehicle in. The car came back with touch up paint where the chip was. The touch up paint was not even flush and is very noticeable to the eye. He told me when I get my car wax, it will go down. He even threw in a free paintless dent removal on one of my bumps. I am still not happy with there service.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Members

I have to say, Classic BMW is the most unethical dealership that I have ever been to. Twice now I have taken my car in for repairs/maintanence which was supposedly done, but the work was never performed. I know that they charged the work back to BMW under the warranty program after speaking to BMWNA and they are looking into it, but for now I wouldn't even take my car there for a free wash. Just a word of warning, make sure they do the work before you leave or take it somewhere else to be on the safe side.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ernst28' post='699621' date='Oct 21 2008, 09:59 PM
I have to say, Classic BMW is the most unethical dealership that I have ever been to. Twice now I have taken my car in for repairs/maintanence which was supposedly done, but the work was never performed. I know that they charged the work back to BMW under the warranty program after speaking to BMWNA and they are looking into it, but for now I wouldn't even take my car there for a free wash. Just a word of warning, make sure they do the work before you leave or take it somewhere else to be on the safe side.
So where do you take your car now?

I've been to BMW of Dallas :thumbsdown: -- Great SA, but the car handlers are horrible (scratches and dings) plus the drive in/out has too much slope for a low car like mine, Classic BMW -- Been there once when I had my E39; service was eh. Now, I've been driving all the way to Moritz BMW -- So far so good, but it can be a far drive sometimes.

So if you have any alternatives, we're open to hearing it.