Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Changed dealers

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 10:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 E92 335i M-Sport 6MT

I'm on Cloud 9! Today I cancelled my order at a Bay Area dealership after receiving a call from another dealer willing to go $1800 below MSRP for a new 550i. I've spent the past few weeks researching prices up and down California and I haven't found a place willing to go down that low. Southern California won't budge on price, nor will any dealership on the Central Coast. I found only a select few Bay Area dealerships willing to negotiate, so that's where I focused my search. My new dealership was willing to cut a deal on an M-Aero front bumper and clear-bra. The biggest selling point was that they were willing to get me Auburn leather which isn't available with Titanium Gray! Best of all, I was informed that 6MT production will probably begin earlier than expected in mid to late September, so I may see my new baby in November instead of December!
Old 08-21-2005, 06:10 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Roleez' date='Aug 20 2005, 11:20 PM
I'm on Cloud 9!? Today I cancelled my order at a Bay Area dealership after receiving a call from another dealer willing to go $1800 below MSRP for a new 550i.? I've spent the past few weeks researching prices up and down California and I haven't found a place willing to go down that low.? Southern California won't budge on price, nor will any dealership on the Central Coast.? I found only a select few Bay Area dealerships willing to negotiate, so that's where I focused my search.? My new dealership was willing to cut a deal on an M-Aero front bumper and clear-bra.? The biggest selling point was that they were willing to get me Auburn leather which isn't available with Titanium Gray!? ? Best of all, I was informed that 6MT production will probably begin earlier than expected in mid to late September, so I may see my new baby in November instead of December!?
[snapback]161608[/snapback]
Roleez - can you send me info on that dealership via PM or email? I'm in S. CA and finding much of the same issues you are. If I can find one in N. CA and take delivery of my car up there, it will be a beautiful drive home...
Old 08-21-2005, 11:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Roleez' date='Aug 20 2005, 11:20 PM
......The biggest selling point was that they were willing to get me Auburn leather which isn't available with Titanium Gray!? ?

It looks like you have found a good dealership to work with . However, they aren't really doing anything special by ordering the Auburn interior with the Titanium Gray exterior. This in NOT a special order and any dealer can do the same thing. The color combinations in the 5 series brochure and the BMWusa.com website are only suggested combinations. However, you are not bound to stay within those combinations. As long as both the interior color and the exterior color are available in the US you can combine them (even if they are not shown as a combination in the brochure and website). So don't let them act like they are doing you a favor by ordering that color combo as any dealer can do it . The BMW network ordering system that the dealers use to enter and submit an order to BMW NA will accept the order just fine, no questions asked. Now, if the other dealer that you were dealing with before told you it could not be done then they either don't know what they are doing, or they were lying to you.

By the way, I have that exact color combination and I just love it
Old 08-22-2005, 03:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by Roleez' date='Aug 21 2005, 01:20 AM
I'm on Cloud 9!? Today I cancelled my order at a Bay Area dealership after receiving a call from another dealer willing to go $1800 below MSRP for a new 550i.? I've spent the past few weeks researching prices up and down California and I haven't found a place willing to go down that low.? Southern California won't budge on price, nor will any dealership on the Central Coast.? I found only a select few Bay Area dealerships willing to negotiate, so that's where I focused my search.? My new dealership was willing to cut a deal on an M-Aero front bumper and clear-bra.? The biggest selling point was that they were willing to get me Auburn leather which isn't available with Titanium Gray!? ? Best of all, I was informed that 6MT production will probably begin earlier than expected in mid to late September, so I may see my new baby in November instead of December!?
Good Luck You should put your dealer information good or bad on www.dealerrater.com so everyone can benifit from it.
cheers
vern
Old 08-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 E92 335i M-Sport 6MT

By the way,? I have that exact color combination and I just love it?
[snapback]161878[/snapback]
Thanks for the info, rodybmw. I was saying that it was a big selling point only because all the other dealers I went to said "you can't do that combination" as you correctly guessed. I also knew it wasn't a special order item; I just wanted to find a dealership that would say, "Sure! Not a problem!" By the way, you should post some pics!!

And vern, thanks for letting me know that you can rate dealerships online. Didn't know that even existed!
Old 08-22-2005, 10:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Way to go, Roleez!
I've always believed in "voting" with your money -- A good Dealer definitely deserves your business, and should be rewarded accordingly.

I would very much appreciate it if you could please PM me with details on which dealer you decided to go with, and which ones didn't make the grade. The Dealership in the Bay Area that I went with offered $1,000 below MSRP for a 550i. I was in the market for a 530i however and got a good deal.

Cheers,
Tony