Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Change of heart, ordered 535d Sport

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No prob, glad I could help. Maybe I can convince you of getting Eqpt 1 , Dashboard covering in leather makes a big difference and the alcantara headlining is just amazing
Some pictures of the 2 M5s that were displayed in Paris, both with Ind Eqpt 1

C
Change of heart, ordered 535d Sport-img0023.jpg Change of heart, ordered 535d Sport-img0011.jpg
Old 10-23-2004, 10:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

That dashboard looks great (the wood is not my taste).. I wish I had the time to get that option (unfortunately needed a new car ASAP)
Old 10-23-2004, 10:59 AM
Senior Members

That looks amazing!!!! One of the best options.

Is that available as a retrofit
Old 10-23-2004, 11:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I was thinking the same thing.. But also thinking new dashboard..... Can you say $$$$$$$ aaarrrghh..
Old 10-23-2004, 11:24 AM
Senior Members

The bit around the air con buttons and CD driver is one piece. So all you will need is that new piece in leather. But where are will buy it from?
Old 10-23-2004, 11:25 AM
Members

My Ride: M5 SilverstoneII / Siverstone Fully loaded

Originally Posted by cpd1' date='Oct 23 2004, 12:42 PM
No prob, glad I could help. Maybe I can convince you of getting Eqpt 1? , Dashboard covering in leather makes a big difference and the alcantara headlining is just amazing
Some pictures of the 2 M5s that were displayed in Paris, both with Ind Eqpt 1

C
Attachment 2877 Attachment 2878
[snapback]48413[/snapback]
cpd

you have certainly got me thinking about it. Its a pity the dealer I have been talking to is so short on information. I will give him a call on Monday to discuss.

Old 10-23-2004, 12:25 PM
Members

Guys, I think retrofit is possible, will prob cost you b/w GBP 40/50k depending which new car you order
Can't imagine how much BMW will charge you for a new leather covered dashboard :'(
THe Carrara light wood in the M5 is indeed not great, not to my taste!
Lsimmo: sorry this might end up costing you some money . Since Eqpt 1 was just launched, it is difficult to get some good info but got there in the end. The dashboard will be always be black leather due to reflection with sun and so on. Also alcantara headlining is available in 4 colours: Ecru, platinum, caramel and black. Platinum is too har to maintain, kind of off white. Ecru is also very light, Champagne is really nice close to beige. I love caramel but I am afraid I would not be able to live with it for a long time. BTW tell your dealer to check the BMW intranet I think all the info given to me came from there, it is just few clicks away for a dealer...
Old 10-24-2004, 12:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Now I consider Eq1 a must have option for E60 to be really exclusive. Unfortunately we have to pay much more for what a car of that class and price level deserves from the very begining.
cpd1: Since u have seen it in person I wud appreciate your impressions and opnion about alcantara headlining. Does it really make a huge improvement to the interior? Which colours look more exclusive? I understand you r going to take black.. Cud it look a bit too dark in the car?
As for the maintenance I have read somewhere that alcantara is easier to be cleaned than the standard tissue.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:17 AM
Members

Igor,

Fist of, thanks for your view on Sterling grey but I really want a change from silver since 3 of my last 4 cars were some sort of silver!
Regarding Eqpt 1, I really think it makes a huge difference in how one perceives the quality of the E60 interior. The leather dashboard is a huge plus, and the overall atmosphere feels like a proper luxury car. In terms of colour, the dashboard is always black, I really like champagne, I think Ecru/Platinum are too light, they look nice but must be a nightmare to maintain! The M5 with platinum on Day 2 of the press day was alreeady showing dirt on the seat! Caramel is nice but I am afraid I might get tired of it. Polar gery is nice but gave a colder feel to the interior. Finally, Balck is always a safe play but I just want a lighter interior. Not a fan of amarone.
I moved back from the US recently and had a Cayenne Turbo there. Amazing car but not in the UK, too big and does 10mpg! The full leather interior was there making a huge difference too and the Alcantara headlining gave such a special sporty feel to the cabin. It is the same in the E60.
I am going with a black headlining, it does darken the interior but since I am getting the pano sunroof on my touring it is not a big deal. In the Cayenne, I had black too and it was honeslty not an issue. I never cleaned the alcantra and you prob really won't have to very often but the standard cloth is definitely not easy to clean. Only 4 colours are available so if U go platinum, ecru, black or caramel your headlining will be matching, otherwise it will be black. I would think that the lighter alcantara colours might not age as well.
Anyway just my 2c as tastes are so different and I don't want to deter you of a nice colour combination for you but for me the black headlining is really the one

C
Originally Posted by igor' date='Oct 24 2004, 02:40 AM
Now I consider Eq1 a must have option for E60 to be really exclusive. Unfortunately we have to pay much more for what a car of that class and price level deserves from the very begining.
cpd1: Since u have seen it in person I wud appreciate your impressions and opnion about alcantara headlining. Does it really make a huge improvement to the interior? Which colours? look more exclusive? I understand you r going to take black.. Cud it look a bit too dark in the car?
As for the maintenance I have read somewhere that alcantara is easier to be cleaned than the standard tissue.
[snapback]48657[/snapback]
Old 10-24-2004, 01:19 AM
Senior Members

cpd 1,

I'd take Eq1 in a heartbeat but at ?3600 more than the Eq3 leather only upgrade I'm struggling to justify it as I will get zero back for it come resale and I will only keep the car for 2 years max. The alcantra roof lining is the bit I'd really like. It would be great if BMW listed all the Individual options and you just chose what you wanted instead of the 3 packages.

Mark,

Go for the new 5 sport.

Fred,

This venture better make money, I want Individual Eq1 on my next car!

Quick Reply: Change of heart, ordered 535d Sport