Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Change of heart, ordered 535d Sport

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 10:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fred,

It was nice to meet you today but very costly! I saw your car and thought it looked superb. So good in fact that I rang my dealer and asked if I could switch my order for an X5 to a 535d Sport in Titanium silver!

I have ordered the following spec: -

535d Sport, Titanium silver, auto, media pack (professional nav, bluetooth phone, 6 disc cd), visibility pack (bi-xenons, adaptive headlights), active steering, grad tinted windscreen, space saver spare wheel, electric glass sunroof, auto dimming/folding mirrors, electric seats, through load system, hi-fi speaker system, high gloss shadowline, sunprotection glass, BMW Individual package 3, maple wood trim, extended voice control, extended interior light pack, heated seats.

I've gone for the caramel leather in the Individual range. Production date is 16th December then up to 12 weeks for the Individual interior to be fitted. Can't wait
Old 10-22-2004, 10:48 AM
Senior Members

So now you'll have two! A rare club you're in.
Post some pics. That caramel leather/TiSilver sounds good.
Happy Driving!
Old 10-22-2004, 10:50 AM
Senior Members

Thanks Jimbo. My 530d is going though when the 535d arrives. Looks like I'll be sticking around this board a while longer
Old 10-22-2004, 10:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Shit I'm jealous!!! Now I have to go and sell my 530D so that I can also get that 535D!!

Other choise is to get little more power to this. 480,-? +40 hp and +100Nm.

Skaffa
Old 10-22-2004, 11:45 AM
Senior Members

I think you have made the right decision.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:10 PM
Members

My Ride: M5 SilverstoneII / Siverstone Fully loaded

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Oct 22 2004, 12:40 PM
Fred,

It was nice to meet you today but very costly! I saw your car and thought it looked superb. So good in fact that I rang my dealer and asked if I could switch my order for an X5 to a 535d Sport in Titanium silver!

I have ordered the following spec: -

535d Sport, Titanium silver, auto, media pack (professional nav, bluetooth phone, 6 disc cd), visibility pack (bi-xenons, adaptive headlights), active steering, grad tinted windscreen, space saver spare wheel, electric glass sunroof, auto dimming/folding mirrors, electric seats, through load system, hi-fi speaker system, high gloss shadowline, sunprotection glass, BMW Individual package 3, maple wood trim, extended voice control, extended interior light pack, heated seats.

I've gone for the caramel leather in the Individual range. Production date is 16th December then up to 12 weeks for the Individual interior to be fitted. Can't wait?
[snapback]47965[/snapback]
Did you consider the boot lid spoiler for your car. I have a car on order and can not make up my mind. I have just seen these pic of the M5 and I think it looks great with the spoiler.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47183
Old 10-22-2004, 01:03 PM
Senior Members

The spoiler on the M sport kit is not the lip type from the M5 so I didn't want it. It is the raised spoiler from the accessories brochure which just doesn't look right on the car IMHO. There is a very small pic of it in the new 5 series sport brochure.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:06 PM
Senior Members

i wonder what did your wife/gf say about change your car this soon . i think the wait won't be that bad since you are still driving the ultimate driving machine .
Old 10-22-2004, 01:12 PM
Senior Members

alohalc,

That's easy. Only known the current g/f for 3 months and in that short time I have converted her from a girl who was not interested in cars at all to a lady who is now very knowledgable on BMW specs She drives an ancient little Peugeot but wants my help to find her a used Mini Cooper. She was very keen on me getting an X5 but not the colour I picked, not at all keen on a Cayenne which she thought was ugly, but very cool about the switch to another 5 as she loves my current car. She thinks it makes me look very important. I keep telling her that's because I AM!! She finds my fascination with cars very amusing. She loves my Z4 to look at but doesn't enjoy being driven around in it due to the harsh suspension. I may have to change that for one of the new Boxsters!
Old 10-22-2004, 01:14 PM
Senior Members

You lucky bugger! Logic 7 is only ?500 on top of the hi-fi pack though Go on, you know you want to.

Quick Reply: Change of heart, ordered 535d Sport