Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Can't make up my mind

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 08:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d, sapphire black metallic, leather dakota truffle brown, poplar wood trim, run flats on “138-style” rims, xenon headlights with headlight washers, nav pro, PDC, heated sportseats, sport suspension, advanced electronic airco, CD changer, rear airbags, bluetooth, lighting package, cup holders, debadged, alarm.

Guys, I need your help...

I can't seem to make up my mind on the color for the new 525d I am about to order. I was driving the previous model before, see attached pix and had a great time driving it. The color was orientblue with the grey leather interior.

See my public album 'Former car'

I am not convinced the same orient blue looks as good on the new model as it did on the old one (and I'd be in for a little change to be honest) but I can't make up my mind. Currently I am not sure whether to take silver grey or titanium silver with a black leather interior or the black sapphire with trufflebrown interior. I believe the latter is a little harder to keep clean on the outside whereas the silver is a little more weather resistant. I tend to the silver, but then again, most people here in Belgium are driving this color and I'd like to have a personal touch to in order to differentiate it (like I did with the roofspoiler on my former car).

IMHO the interior determines significantly the color on the outside. The trufflebrown definately requires the poplar wood trim on the inside and black (or dark blue) on the outside. The black leather interior is nice with the default titanium trim (or anthracite wood trim) and can have a lighter color like the titanium or silver grey. I sure wish there was the havanna metallic paint available on the E60 with the changes announced for March (as it is for the 1 series), but I seriously doubt it will.

The options I took on the 525 are the business line with dakota leather, 138 17" alu wheels runflat, nav upgrade, electronic airco, Xenon lights, PDC, heated sportseats, sport suspension, CD changer, add'l airbags in the back, bluetooth and some other minor gadgets ;D

Hope to have pictures up as soon as I can make up my mind in the next day or so, so I can finally order the car.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, WeeDee !
Old 01-25-2005, 04:47 PM
Contributors

Orient blue with gray interior looks great.

Welcome to the board
Old 01-26-2005, 01:50 AM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, weedee !
Old 01-26-2005, 03:03 AM
JDN
Contributors

Weedee, unless you are young and energetic, like rubbing things (or as wealthy as alohalc), I would stay away from black. OTOH, black is the most beautiful car there is when shining -- but there is a price.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:11 AM
Senior Members

i'm not wealthy, i'm just lazy .