5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/)
-   -   Canadian Pricing (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/canadian-pricing-18657/)

evh5150 11-17-2005 10:53 PM

Hello
I am new to the site... Looked through it last night and was very impressed! I am wondering if anyone here can help me with regards to dealer pricing for Canada? I am going to place an order for a 2006 550i with M Sport pkg tomorrow. I am still amazed that the M pkg isn't available in the US. Any info or suggestions or advice on pricing, options, etc would sure be appreciated! Not sure whether to order the headup display or not. Is the logic 7 compatible with an ipod or mp3 of some kind right from factory or do I need some hookups for it. Also thoughts on park distance control, comfort access ( is it compatible with a command start??? ), sport seats vs comfort seats? Look forward to being an owner and chatting with some enthusiasts!
Thanks again, Trev

ademitt 11-19-2005 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Trev550i' post='199885' date='Nov 18 2005, 12:53 AM
Hello
I am new to the site... Looked through it last night and was very impressed! I am wondering if anyone here can help me with regards to dealer pricing for Canada? I am going to place an order for a 2006 550i with M Sport pkg tomorrow. I am still amazed that the M pkg isn't available in the US. Any info or suggestions or advice on pricing, options, etc would sure be appreciated! Not sure whether to order the headup display or not. Is the logic 7 compatible with an ipod or mp3 of some kind right from factory or do I need some hookups for it. Also thoughts on park distance control, comfort access ( is it compatible with a command start??? ), sport seats vs comfort seats? Look forward to being an owner and chatting with some enthusiasts!
Thanks again, Trev

Welcome to the site Trev550i.

I would try BMW.ca's website and build the car you want it equipped. On a factory order, you should be able to get at least $1500 to $2000 off MSRP. I have gotten that on all of the cars I have bought.

HUD will cost you more on your isnurance as the windshields have a reflective coating to allow the display to focus on the glass. I have been told they are almost twice as expensive as the regular windhields.

Logic 7 is compatible with the ipod via AUX in. Most of what you are lloking for is in the premium package. It may be less expensive to order PP with MSport than to pick up the options individually.

As you are looking at the Msport with the PP, there aren't too many options left to worry about other than HUD. I believe Canada545 in Edmonton got HUD. You may want to PM him to find out how he likes it.

evh5150 11-20-2005 12:59 AM

Wow thanks a lot for the advice! I ordered it yesterday, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota leather, Aluminum Cube trim, M sport, Premium pkg, Comfort access, satellite radio prewire, and I'm going to add HUD I think. Drove a 05 545 for a bit after i made the deal and did start to like the HUD. I was a Ford dealer with my family and we got rid of that nightmare 2 years ago, but being in the car biz and having mutual reps for credit insurance etc, I ended up getting almost 6 grand off msrp, or 6.22 % lol. Still ended up at just under 90,000.00 CAD!! Crazy. Once I add HUD it WILL be 90 K. Although they charge 1995.00 freight and pdi which is a total ripoff because I'm told freight is only 745.00. SO I guess it's one other way to add gross. Definitely satisfied that I got a reasonably fair deal though, all things considered. Now the wait begins! January production it sounds like so no car til late February or early March. Yuck. All I know is since getting out of the car thing I have discovered new enthusiasm for cars again. We are big into RV and trailers etc, and I still may mess around with some used stuff but cars and looking at them is fun again! This site is a blast and I have learned so much already and everyone's enthusiasm is very catching. Can't wait!!

ademitt 11-20-2005 08:35 AM

Congrats on ordering a great car. I'm sure you will love it. Getting the car in Feb or March, you may luck out and not need winter tires the first year. With the Msport, they are a must have option.

I was at the local dealer yesterday and was admiring their new 550 Msport in carbon black and loaded. What a car. The wheels on the 550 Msport are slightly different than on the 530 Msport. Still a great looking car.

I agree with you that $1995 for freight is a bit stiff. They have to make the margin somewhere.

BTW, 6 speed or auto?

evh5150 11-20-2005 05:45 PM

Hi
Yes might luck out on the tire thing. I went with Auto. I looked at a carbon black 530xi in Regina and hated the color. Looks blue...yucky lol. Now the wait :(

evh5150 12-05-2005 06:35 PM

Never did get anything further on pricing here in Canada. How many people on the site are Canadian? Any advice on maintenance etc in this psycho climate?

leeb3 12-07-2005 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Trev550i' post='207707' date='Dec 5 2005, 10:35 PM
Never did get anything further on pricing here in Canada. How many people on the site are Canadian? Any advice on maintenance etc in this psycho climate?

Hi,

in toronto canada

got 5.5% off list on 05 M3
got 4.5% off list on 06 530xi

you can goto apa.ca, they have agreements with a few dealers. however you still have to negotiate a bit.

i figure their margin is about 8.5% of msrp.

evh5150 12-09-2005 06:40 PM

Hi there
Thanks for the info. I will check it out. Are there no Canucks on here from the west?@?@?? sheesh lol

Heloha 12-09-2005 11:16 PM

Not sure about CND pricing but I can tell you the following:
Comfort seats: Are awesome. Like sitting in your favorite recliner but well supported all-a-round to keep you planted in the 1g turns.

Comfort access: Also very cool feature. You'll find there is nothing like just walking up to your ride opening the door that just auto unlocked and hitting the start button. It will never get old.

Premium sound: Best auto stereo I ever heard...no matter what kind of music your into, the equalizer can be adjusted to make it sound as good as any $4K system.

Bottom line is since your spending $60K+ for what may be the best sedan ever, whats another few thousand? It won't make a dent in your monthly payments. :thumbsup:

evh5150 12-11-2005 09:27 PM

;) yes you're right! A few thousand here or there won't hurt too much :)