Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Can you believe my car is creaking badly with NEW seals - AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 02:59 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never had the issue until the dealer waxed the car 6 months after I bought it, then it was awful. I can see why you would complaining. I brought it back right before the new seals were issued, so they did the old Carbaflo treatment. That has worked for me for months. In previous threads about this some members suggested that car washes that use Silicone in the washing process can cause this and wax on the door jambs.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04' 530i Sport/premium/cold wx/PDC/xenon.

The creaking was driving me crazy after I got my car in June. I think I read in the Rondel that Gummi-Pflege would cure the problem. Problem is that BMW no longer sells it. I used Zymol Seal which helped alot, and in time seems to be gone.
The Gummi-Pflege is available from Bavarian Autosport (BavAuto.com).
Old 11-17-2005, 08:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Originally Posted by wassy' post='199656' date='Nov 17 2005, 01:04 PM
Well, this is my 2nd 545. the seals were all replaced about 6 weeks ago or so. all was well. now the car is creaking wose than I have ever heard on any of my previous 7 5 series (E39 included)... it is just ridiculous.

my service guys have a call into region, who has calls into Germany. They don't want to just replace the seals, AGAIN, I'm being told. apparently, this is a widespread problem. Oh well, that's what I get for $65,000. should have paid $66,000, maybe wouldn't have these issues.

it really isn't enjoyable driving this car with the creaks and other issues we all have! and certainly not for this kind of money.
Ditto. First seals did not make noise until about 12k or so. New set lasted about 1k, then both driver and passenger door started to creak. They did the lube job, ok for a week. I tried the dawn soap thing as one member suggested - did not help.

I dropped my car off tonight and told my SA I wanted to try new seals again, not lubed! Not sure what they are going to do.

I am careful not to get wax in the jams, so I know it is not that. I have only taken my car to a car wash twice, otherwise I do it myslef or a mobile guy comes to the office. I don't use car soap unless I am going to wax it, so I don't think I have abused the seals with chemicals.

I am curious, are the noisy seals on all four doors - mine are just the front passenger and driver. I would think if it was a chemical wash thing, all of the seals would make noise.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:22 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jsal' post='199868
Well, this is my 2nd 545. the seals were all replaced about 6 weeks ago or so. all was well. now the car is creaking wose than I have ever heard on any of my previous 7 5 series (E39 included)... it is just ridiculous.

my service guys have a call into region, who has calls into Germany. They don't want to just replace the seals, AGAIN, I'm being told. apparently, this is a widespread problem. Oh well, that's what I get for $65,000. should have paid $66,000, maybe wouldn't have these issues.

it really isn't enjoyable driving this car with the creaks and other issues we all have! and certainly not for this kind of money.
Ditto. First seals did not make noise until about 12k or so. New set lasted about 1k, then both driver and passenger door started to creak. They did the lube job, ok for a week. I tried the dawn soap thing as one member suggested - did not help.

I dropped my car off tonight and told my SA I wanted to try new seals again, not lubed! Not sure what they are going to do.

I am careful not to get wax in the jams, so I know it is not that. I have only taken my car to a car wash twice, otherwise I do it myslef or a mobile guy comes to the office. I don't use car soap unless I am going to wax it, so I don't think I have abused the seals with chemicals.

I am curious, are the noisy seals on all four doors - mine are just the front passenger and driver. I would think if it was a chemical wash thing, all of the seals would make noise.
[/quote]

Whoah, I am surprised to hear so many members here sharing my problem... I thought I was the only one here in Hong Kong. My passenger and driver windows both creak like mad!!! I am so annoyed, I have yet to bring it back to the dealer but it seems like the new seals do not help at all... The only solution I have is to lower both windows a little while I drive and its perfect. But that is not a fix at all..
Old 11-18-2005, 09:56 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In conclusion, no fix. :thumbsdown:
BMW, what's the point here?
Old 11-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

I've has that problem forever, seals replaced twice, they finally just gave me a couple tubes of CarbaFlow and agreed to pay 2 months of my payments for the inconvience.

Not bad.