Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

buying a 530i, help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 01:19 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys

Well my mom is actually buying a 530i so im just trying to get some info for her.

We've decided to go for monaco blue with beige leather, but as monaco blue has just been introduced and replaced orient blue (our original choice) we havent been able to see one. So if anyone has any pics of monaco blue or mystic blue (for comparison purposes!) or pics of the beige interior please post them or provide links!! thanks!!

Secondly comfort seats. Well i've read a quite a bit about these seats on this forum and it seems like they get the thumbs up (my mom is going for a 530 over a 330 purely for comfort so i think it would make sense to get them). just one question: Those "pillow" whiplash headrests. i've seen in some pics they have been moved forward to make a cupping effect but when i was playing with them in a test car a while back i couldnt get them to move forward!! Wats the story?

Also has anyone driven the more powerful 530i and can compare it to the old one? Is there a noticable difference?

Ok next bluetooth. Judging by the amount of posts on bluetooth it seems to be quite a problematic feature. My mom also uses a nokia 8800 (dont know if u guys know the model) . But there aren't a huge amount around as its a brand new premium model (so capatability it untested) and i really doubt if we'll be able to get a cradle for it. Is it still worth considering?

Thanks again for the help!
Old 10-30-2005, 03:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530d High Executive

Originally Posted by diesel020' date='Oct 30 2005, 11:19 AM
hey guys

Well my mom is actually buying a 530i so im just trying to get some info for her.

We've decided to go for monaco blue with beige leather, but as monaco blue has just been introduced and replaced orient blue (our original choice) we havent been able to see one.? So if anyone has any pics of monaco blue or mystic blue (for comparison purposes!) or pics of the beige interior please post them or provide links!! thanks!!

Secondly comfort seats. Well i've read a quite a bit about these seats on this forum and it seems like they get the thumbs up (my mom is going for a 530 over a 330 purely for comfort so i think it would make sense to get them). just one question: Those "pillow" whiplash headrests. i've seen in some pics they have been moved forward to make a cupping effect but when i was playing with them in a test car a while back i couldnt get them to move forward!! Wats the story?

Also has anyone driven the more powerful 530i and can compare it to the old one? Is there a noticable difference?

Ok next bluetooth. Judging by the amount of posts on bluetooth it seems to be quite a problematic feature. My mom also uses a nokia 8800 (dont know if u guys know the model) . But there aren't a huge amount around as its a brand new premium model (so capatability it untested) and i really doubt if we'll be able to get a cradle for it. Is it still worth considering?

Thanks again for the help!
[snapback]190809[/snapback]
you can adjust the pillow headrest manually, do go for de comfort seats their great! BTW if you want more comfort: let the dealer change the tyres to non runflats!

a cradlle probably won't be available, BMW is far behind with it. The 8800 will probably work with the system (try this at the dealers!), otherwise check the bluetooth forum for another good phone (i'm using the SE K750i this one works great
Old 10-30-2005, 05:34 AM
Senior Members

I too also have the 8800 nokia and have tried it in the 06 and 05 models both work great. and the phone is great your the only one with it other than me. not to many like the 1000.00 price tag in the states
Old 10-30-2005, 05:56 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ralph-NL' date='Oct 30 2005, 06:28 AM
you can adjust the pillow headrest manually, do go for de comfort seats their great! BTW if you want more comfort: let the dealer change the tyres to non runflats!

a cradlle probably won't be available, BMW is far behind with it. The 8800 will probably work with the system (try this at the dealers!), otherwise check the bluetooth forum for another good phone (i'm using the SE K750i this one works great
[snapback]190834[/snapback]
[/quote]

Will the dealer change from RF to NON RF for free or you need to bring your own tires?
Old 10-30-2005, 06:01 AM
Contributors

[quote name='diesel020' date='Oct 30 2005, 04:19 AM']
hey guys

We've decided to go for monaco blue with beige leather, but as monaco blue has just been introduced and replaced orient blue (our original choice) we havent been able to see one. So if anyone has any pics of monaco blue or mystic blue (for comparison purposes!) or pics of the beige interior please post them or provide links!! thanks!!

Conratulations to your Mom. The Monaco Blue looks great in Person. A little darker than the Orient Blue. In case you didn't know, the new e90's have the Monaco Blue on them as well, so you can get to your dealer and see a 330 or 325 in Monaco blue to help your decision.

I prefer the sport seats, but the Comforts, you can't go wrong. Very Comfortable.

Good Luck and let us know what ya'll decided.

Regards, Mike.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530d High Executive

Originally Posted by amigo525' date='Oct 30 2005, 03:56 PM
[quote name='Ralph-NL' date='Oct 30 2005, 06:28 AM']

[snapback]190834[/snapback]
[/quote]

Will the dealer change from RF to NON RF for free or you need to bring your own tires?
[snapback]190873[/snapback]
[/quote]

In holland the dealers fit special ordered rims afterwards because then you don't have to pay luxury tax, so it's possible overhere
Old 10-30-2005, 07:37 AM
Members

Originally Posted by DINAN530i' date='Oct 30 2005, 04:34 PM
I too also have the 8800 nokia and have tried it in the 06 and 05 models both work great.? and the phone is great your the only one with it other than me. not to many like the 1000.00 price tag in the states
[snapback]190865[/snapback]
Yeah its similarly expensive in south africa so they're not common at all. My mom only got her phone a couple days ago so we dont have any idea of the battery life just yet but how do u find using the bluetooth function without having a cradle to charge it affects battery life? I know on other models enabling bluetooth chews battery!
Old 10-30-2005, 07:41 AM
Members

thanks for the help so far guys!

As for changing to non RF, thanks for the heads up but being based in south africa where we have (i trying to think of a nice way to say this) a bit more of a crime/safety problem then u guys in the states i think the additional safety offered by the RF's makes them worth keeping.

I will definately be asking the dealer if we can see any car in monaco blue, as we have the 1 series over here as well which comes in it too. Its a very rare colour here though on all the models where most seem to be silver, sparkling graphite or black.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 530 xi six speed manual/Silver gray-auburn/18inch-style123wheels/premium sound and package/HUD/PDC/sport/coldpackage/Sirius/M-aero kit/Nav/comfortseats/shades/comfort access tires: 245 40 18 Sottozero Pirelli winters (non runflats) 2004 RX330 Lexus - crystal white - reliable, quiet, and the "beater" car for ski trips, hauling, etc. 1995 E34 540i 6 speed black/truffle interior/alpinemp3/XMradio/M5 alloys (Many tears...sold to a fellow Boston bimmer enthusiast!)

yes, using the bluetooth does eat away at battery life - my moto headset battery lasts forever but my 815 phone (reg. battery) loses charge pretty quickly on bluetooth mode -

no regrets though, love the phone....
Old 10-30-2005, 07:55 AM
Members

My Ride: Ordered: 2006 530i on Oct 1st, and due Mid Nov. 6 speed Manual, Navagation, Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Prem. Sound Package, Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar wood. 18" 7 Spoke wheels (style 123), euro reflectors, Sat Radio installed.

"Also has anyone driven the more powerful 530i and can compare it to the old one? Is there a noticable difference?"

I might be able to give you some insight into 06 530 performance vs 05 225 hp 530i performance. I have been able to directly compare both auto and stick shift.

I believe though, the biggest difference I felt was the auto equiped cars. Noticably better pick up on the low end. The car seems to have more grunt. Having the peak torque lower and further spread through the rev range makes the engine more useful. Know how they say BMW Inlines are known for low end torque. This little bad boy defines this expression to a T. Its more in the middle of the old 05 530 and 05 545i in terms of power. Peak HP is rated at 255 which is impressive for a 3.0 liter. Yet its so light. Really a big upgrade from the 05 model. Where as I would have sprung for a 545i instead of an 05 530i, this new 06 really puts gives the cars the guts it should have had.

550 is another story, it should be awesome.

Quick Reply: buying a 530i, help needed!