Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Body Work in Northern Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 08:00 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Grey Metallic SMG, Black Nasca Leather, Sport Package, Logic7, Comfort Ventilated Seats, Sat Radio, Split Folding Rear Seats

Hey,

Anyone know good quality body work in Northern VA? My baby was hit while parked in a parking lot, taillight busted, dent in top edge of trunk and busted up rear bumper and PDC. I want the best work, not some weak looks good work. Any suggestions appreciated.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:13 PM
Members

Originally Posted by purth01' post='206149' date='Dec 2 2005, 12:00 PM
Hey,

Anyone know good quality body work in Northern VA? My baby was hit while parked in a parking lot, taillight busted, dent in top edge of trunk and busted up rear bumper and PDC. I want the best work, not some weak looks good work. Any suggestions appreciated.
I can personally recommend First Choice Body Shop in Arlington. My wife had two major accidents in her 5 series touring and they did a perfect job both times. They are the only shop where I would take my other BMWs.

Call Ray Moxley at 703 836-6920. They are at 525 31st Street South in the Crystal City area.

I am aware that Wagon Werks has a good reputation but I have never used them as I have been totally happy with First Choice. They only work on BMWs, Audis, and Porsches and use only factory parts.

My $0.02. YMMV
Old 12-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by FDMeloan' post='206305
Hey,

I can personally recommend First Choice Body Shop in Arlington. My wife had two major accidents in her 5 series touring and they did a perfect job both times. They are the only shop where I would take my other BMWs.

Call Ray Moxley at 703 836-6920. They are at 525 31st Street South in the Crystal City area.

I am aware that Wagon Werks has a good reputation but I have never used them as I have been totally happy with First Choice. They only work on BMWs, Audis, and Porsches and use only factory parts.

My $0.02. YMMV
[/quote]

My sister banged up her Mini several times (mostly not her fault). She used the auto body that Sterling BMW and Mini uses. They are out in Ashburn, just take the toll road out there. They do great work and are the shop the dealer uses.

I don't remember the name of the place, I'm sure Sterling would happily volunteer the information.

I have heard good things about Wagon Werks too, but I'd personally stick with a dealer endorsed repair outlet.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

Originally Posted by UUronL' post='206308
Originally Posted by purth01' post='206149' date='Dec 2 2005, 12:00 PM
Hey,

My $0.02. YMMV

My sister banged up her Mini several times (mostly not her fault). She used the auto body that Sterling BMW and Mini uses. They are out in Ashburn, just take the toll road out there. They do great work and are the shop the dealer uses.

I don't remember the name of the place, I'm sure Sterling would happily volunteer the information.

I have heard good things about Wagon Werks too, but I'd personally stick with a dealer endorsed repair outlet.
[/quote]

Thats Ashburn Collision Center and that's what Sterling uses.

I got rear ended y/day (was hit while waiting on a stop light...arghhhh ) and my insurance company recommended BMW of Fairfax's body shop. That's the only dealer in NoVa which has its own body shop, if it means anything. The problem is that the first available appt that they have is for Jan 2. Also, the employees out there reek of arrogance.

In the mean time, I have to look at my injured baby everyday for a month
Old 12-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Grey Metallic SMG, Black Nasca Leather, Sport Package, Logic7, Comfort Ventilated Seats, Sat Radio, Split Folding Rear Seats

I've got an estimate scheduled for tomorrow with Ashburn Auto Body, we'll see what they come up with. Thanks.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

Originally Posted by purth01' post='207261' date='Dec 4 2005, 10:30 PM
I've got an estimate scheduled for tomorrow with Ashburn Auto Body, we'll see what they come up with. Thanks.
I will be curious to know their availablity in terms of when they can get your car in.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by SolanNo1' post='207531
I will be curious to know their availablity in terms of when they can get your car in.
[/quote]

My sister never had to wait when dropping her Mini. Certainly nothing close to a month lead time. That's ridiculous. (Fairfax)
Old 12-06-2005, 05:18 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by UUronL' post='207638
Originally Posted by purth01' post='207261' date='Dec 4 2005, 10:30 PM

My sister never had to wait when dropping her Mini. Certainly nothing close to a month lead time. That's ridiculous. (Fairfax)
[/quote]
Agreed. Will call both First Choice and Ashburn to see if they can get my car in any earlier. The guy at Fairfax told me that they have 80 BMWs to fix before they can get mine in