Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Bob Smith - Forgot Customers Forgot Service

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 08:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are in the Calabasas area, do not bring your BMW to Bob Smith. They have forgotten the customer and forgotten service.

I brought my 06 530i in for an oil change. Gilbert treated my wife and I as if we were stupid. He never called me when he told me he would and would not keep me up to date on what was happening with my car. When I complained the head of service Giovanni, I was treated the same way.

I was told by Gilbert that I need to have my cooling system hoses changed at $1300 . He said he would see what his costs were and get back to me. Two days later he had not called me back. I talked to Giovanni about the problem I had with Gilbert. He said he would call be back in 10 minutes concerning the cost of the hoses. The next day I had to call him back. He said he could do the hose for $1000. I have a friend who services high end cars. He can change the hoses for $300 .

Bob Smith service is horrible. They have forgotten about the customer and I don't know if they ever knew what service was.

If you have to bring your BMW in for service, take it to Rusank or Steve Thomas. DO NOT TAKE YOUR BMW TO BOB SMITH UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE MISTREATED!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

interesting, thanx for posting...first bad review I've read/heard regarding bob smith and their service department.....sorry to hear....