Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW RESPONEDS TO MY EMAIL

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 01:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: OLD RIDE- 2004 Titanium Silver Metallic 545I, Sports Package, 6 Speed Manual Transmission, Premium Sound, Cold Weather Package, Folding Rear Seats. NEW RIDE- 2005 Silver Gray Metallic 545I, Sports package, 6 Speed manual Transmission, Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Folding Rear Seats, Heated Rear Seats and Park Distance Control.

Question:

1- Why can't I close/open the sunroof after turning the ignition off but before opening the door (as promised on page 34 of the manual)?

Answer: BMW reserves the right to change any/all options as specified in the
disclaimer in the manual.

2- Why can't I get a retrofit NAV on my car (built 1/04 without prewire) but European owners with or without prewire can?

Answer: This is an option offered in Europe only.

3- Can I get these answers in writing?

Answer: No, you cannot.

4- Can I speak to supervisor?

Answer: There is nobody here to talk to you.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i - Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Premium Sound, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, PDC, Xenon, Electric Sunshade

Very disappointing and not very customer service like. In the few e-mails that I have sent to BMW NA, I often get a message about seeing my SA, the parts manager or service manager at the dealership. And I am still waiting on the parts manager to get back to me about the NAV retrofit without pre-wiring based on one of the previous threads.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Senior Members

Hehe.. lol.

1- Why can't I close/open the sunroof after turning the ignition off but before opening the door (as promised on page 34 of the manual)?

Answer: BMW reserves the right to change any/all options as specified in the
disclaimer in the manual.
Who is this guy, Comical Ali?

Q: "Why is my 5er shaped like an apple? The manual states it's supposed to look like a car, what has happened?"

A: "BMW reserves the right to change any/all options as specified in the
disclaimer in the manual."
Old 12-21-2004, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Damn, I thought BMW Munich sux, but BMW NA is the WORST !

They are just like politicians... Trying to f*ck you all the time and never talking to you honestly.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Dec 21 2004, 06:15 PM
Damn, I thought BMW Munich sux, but BMW NA is the WORST !

They are just like politicians... Trying to f*ck you all the time and never talking to you honestly.
[snapback]71264[/snapback]

here here :bashwall: :bashwall: :bashwall:
Old 12-21-2004, 04:25 PM
Contributors

I think that you should avoid the emails, and send them certified letters requesting a written response (send it certified). I also don't include a phone number or email when requesting a written response.

If I don't receive a response within 3 weeks, I write another one. This time I make it more forceful, and include a copy of the unanswered first letter.

The next time, I copy my letter to every member of the board of directors or the President's management team.

I just got my 4 year old 1k$ microwave oven replaced following this process.

James
Old 12-21-2004, 04:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

Originally Posted by jksanford' date='Dec 21 2004, 09:25 PM
I think that you should avoid the emails, and send them certified letters requesting a written response (send it certified).? I also don't include a phone number or email when requesting a written response.

If I don't receive a response within 3 weeks, I write another one.? This time I make it more forceful, and include a copy of the unanswered first letter.?

The next time, I copy my letter to every member of the board of directors or the President's management team.

James
[snapback]71327[/snapback]

ROFL .... you go get 'em buddy! go get 'em!
Old 12-21-2004, 06:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Hahhahaha who is that wise crack thats funny!!!!! His answers are the best! LOL
Old 12-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jksanford' date='Dec 21 2004, 08:25 PM

James
[snapback]71327[/snapback]

1k$ microwave????????????!
Old 12-27-2004, 08:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Arno' date='Dec 21 2004, 06:29 PM
?? Very disappointing and not very customer service like. In the few e-mails that I have sent to BMW NA, I often get a message about seeing my SA, the parts manager or service manager at the dealership. And I am still waiting on the parts manager to get back to me about the NAV retrofit without pre-wiring based on one of the previous threads.??
[snapback]71244[/snapback]

I am sorry to hear that about the Customer No-Service Dept that you got from BMW.

In the four or five times I made contact with BMW USA, a representative from that location always gets right back to me, and answer all my questions about my new E60 530i.

Who did you con contact with your BMW problem? Have you tried BMW USA yet?

If not, you might want to give them an email, and I wish you the best!

Presley 348

Quick Reply: BMW RESPONEDS TO MY EMAIL