Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW NEEDS TO BE RESPONSIBLE....

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 07:27 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know about everyone else but i am getting tired of getting the run around from a company i just paid 48,000 dollars to....i mean come on every time any of us have a problem with our 5ers they either have blown us off or just made some silly excuse after silly excuse! How is it that a car they have actually been producing since 2002 has so many problems and some of those being safety issues!I am just so fed up! My wife is staying pretty optomistic but im thinking they got got us all...they wanted money and we all gave it to them...I think they were so concerned about putting out a new model just like they do every six years that they didnt care if it was crap or not.Mechanically speaking I think the car is great but when it comes to electronics the germans need to leave it to the japanese.I wish i didnt regret buying this 5er so much sometimes.....This car is beautiful and it drives like a dream but when my buddies cavalier has better electronics than my 50,000 5er i tend to wonder what i was thinkin when i bought it.....i am probably the only one on here that feels this way on this site because all of you guys seem pretty optomistic but i just can live this sham anymore....Im worried we all bought bmw's first mass produced lemon and i personally dont think ill even be able to resell for what the older models got....welll anyways im just frustrated :'(
Old 08-13-2004, 07:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I feel the same way about this issue as you do.. But remember on a board like this people only tend to tell what problems they have so others can help them. You will never se post like:

- My I-Drive worked perfect today or
- I have no squicks and rattles in my car do you have neither..

Just some stupid examples but I hope you get the idea that on a board like this problems are ventilated a lot while positive things aren't mentioned because we all feel positive!

For example, mercedes isn't perfect too. I drive a Mercedes ML500 at the moment a car that costed 105.000 euros. This car is at the dealer every month for one or two days for problems. This morning after having the car parked in a heavy rainfall I had wet feet when I got in. Some rubber got ripped and water leaked in the car.. I had wet feet and wet bottoms of my pants.. Not a happy man I can tell you..
I've been around the Mercedes E-Class board a lot to in the past and these people all have problems too. Heard a lot of bad things about their SBC brakes (not working properly and there has been a recall).

Again, I understand you frustration a car with this price tag should be perfect. But unfortunately it isn't. We could always all change to lexus hehehe
Old 08-13-2004, 07:44 AM
Members

Funny you mention lexus i was going to check on it when i got back to the states...the only thing that worries me is that i wont be able to that much for my 5er even though its new....you know the funny thing is i wouldnt be upset if they could just fix the problems they created but since they cant it doesnt leave me with alot of faiith
Old 08-13-2004, 07:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I also looked at the GS300 (the new one that's coming). I like the looks of the car a lot but the inside is very simple. Resale value for these cars is bad in the netherlands too so that is also a reason why I didn't buy it.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by DAVEYBOY' date='Aug 13 2004, 09:27 AM
I dont know about everyone else but i am getting tired of getting the run around from a company i just paid 48,000 dollars to....i mean come on every time any of us have a problem with our 5ers they either have blown us off or just made some silly excuse after silly excuse! How is it that a car they have actually been producing since 2002 has so many problems and some of those being safety issues!I am just so fed up! My wife is staying pretty optomistic but im thinking they got got us all...they wanted money and we all gave it to them...I think they were so concerned about putting out a new model just like they do every six years that they didnt care if it was crap or not.Mechanically speaking I think the car is great but when it comes to electronics the germans need to leave it to the japanese.I wish i didnt regret buying this 5er so much sometimes.....This car is beautiful and it drives like a dream but when my buddies cavalier has better electronics than my 50,000 5er i tend to wonder what i was thinkin when i bought it.....i am probably the only one on here that feels this way on this site because all of you guys seem pretty optomistic but i just can live this sham anymore....Im worried we all bought bmw's first mass produced lemon and i personally dont think ill even be able to resell for what the older models got....welll anyways im just frustrated :'(
Feel exactly as You do..

If they don't solve the passenger seat sensor thing, then I'll return the car..
Old 08-13-2004, 08:44 AM
Contributors

I had the Lexus GS300. It was a great car... The inside was very nice, the electronics, etc. just worked. No issues, no problems. Just a nice car. Missed giving it up.

That being said, I like my 530 better. 1) the drive is just unbelievable. 2) being a gadget guy, I just like all of the 'stuff' I can mess around with in our cars.

I'm happy with my purchase, and other than I'd like Blue tooth to work as promised when I bought it, I'm pretty happy.

James
Old 08-13-2004, 09:33 AM
Senior Members

I echo those last comments from jksanford. my car has had its little quirks, and still has some to get fixed, but overall I am very pleased with it.

the more we pay for something the more we expect it to be perfect. there is no such thing as a perfect car if there was manufacturers would not need to provide a warranty.

for me it does not really matter, within reason, how many problems a car has, the most important thing is the quality of the aftersales support. on that count I have found BMW dealers score very highly and have meant my ownership experience has been painless, even when the car is with them and not me.

most on here, me included, are car addicts, we are all probably guilty of expecting perfection. lots of the issues we talk about simply would not bother most people, it doesn't make us all odd though.

happy motoring
Old 08-13-2004, 11:25 PM
Contributors

Daveyboy,
Sorry to read about your frustrations. Maybe it comes and goes in production batches. I have been pretty lucky. The only problems I have had so far is that sometimes I may hav eto press the i-Drive button twice to get it to function.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:03 AM
Members

What is being said here is true, I had a TT and never complained. There was one major porblem and it was after 3 years of driving, they fixed it right away and everything worked fine afterwards.
I think BMW should have a serious look at this forum, and not only fix coming models but solve our solutions as well.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Desert530' date='Aug 14 2004, 10:03 AM
I think BMW should have a serious look at this forum, and not only fix coming models but solve our solutions as well.
Yes they should. It seems so far the only answer they have are software updates which seem to come out pretty regularly.

Quick Reply: BMW NEEDS TO BE RESPONSIBLE....