Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW Munich to send a rep

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 08:36 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by gomac' post='228258' date='Jan 23 2006, 09:27 AM
Car is running new engine according to the supply guys was 13,000 euro just for the engine! Not labor none of the other fixes.

I have driven the car about 200 miles so far. Clunk in the stearing seems to not be there anymore. Time will tell. Software 20.0 seems to be pretty good as well. I now have RDS (atleast it shows up and clickable option.) Rear rattle they thought they found all but there still is one I think the back seat is the problem. The did find that the gasoline tank straps on the right side had a gap of 5 cm. so they tightend that up. They also replaced part of the under body flat plastic pieces. It is the one right under the engine. They found where something had been rubbing against it from the inside (engine compartment). I have not seen the bill yet. I had them replace the windshield wipers and install the rear camera under the tunk lid. (pretty neat option)

Seems like good news so far gomac. Please keep us advised.

Also would be curious as to what the final bill ends up!
Old 01-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

lookin good bud! Keep the pressure on!
Old 02-05-2006, 10:42 AM
Contributors

All going well except for a harmonic at 2500RPM back rattle still there and only one software problem so far. Seatbelt warning I took a picture of the warning on the screen. The car will probably go in next week sometime for the harmonic and the noise in the back. Not bad, a year later and 18K miles and the car should almost be new! (Oops I did buy a new car!) I will add some pictures of the car in the shop, the new and old engines later. I have got to hit the lottery to be able to spend the time this care demands!
Old 02-16-2006, 10:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gomac' post='235226' date='Feb 5 2006, 08:42 PM
All going well except for a harmonic at 2500RPM back rattle still there and only one software problem so far. Seatbelt warning I took a picture of the warning on the screen. The car will probably go in next week sometime for the harmonic and the noise in the back. Not bad, a year later and 18K miles and the car should almost be new! (Oops I did buy a new car!) I will add some pictures of the car in the shop, the new and old engines later. I have got to hit the lottery to be able to spend the time this care demands!
I picked up the car today (2nd time since engine replacement) I could not hear the harmonic at 2,500 RPM but that was just the short drive home. I will be on the autobahn tomorrow and may have the chance to keep the car at a constant speed then. Most of the rattles are gone in the rear but one still persists. The Meister said he will have the car back in next week to work on the left rear door. I asked about the MP3 issue when I gave them the car and poof, it now plays MP3's!!!!! I used one of the sb's from here and one statement from a fellow Deutche E60 owner miricles do happen! No slam yet but I have faith!!! It will do it again. The mechanics and SA are always sayiny how sorry they are but in the end it was really BMW's decission to fix this beast instead of doing a swap. Maybe by the time I am ready to trade for a new one in a couple of years all will be done! Oh yes I will buy the extended warranty at the end of my 2 years. (this November 06). I asked about the total for the previous bill under warranty they have not tallied it yet.

More as it happens!
Old 04-23-2006, 08:20 AM
Contributors

Here is some more!
Now I have a high pitched noise that is coming from the transmission (I believe) around 2,450 rpms and stops at 2, 600 rpms.
Only in 6th gear no other gear does that happen. The noise is a bit louder gently slowing down through 2,600 to 2,400 rpms. I was told they may have to get the rep back from Munich again. Oh, the final bill was over 18,000 Euros for the engine and the steering wheel replacement. The new engine is doing fine, no complaints from it or me, the klunck in the steering is also gone.

They really should have replaced the car when all of this started. So far their steps to solving the problems has cost them several new cars. One 7 series one 5 and two 3s. I wonder how many more I could influence if I said bad things. All I have done is answer questions like, where is your car, why is it back in the garage again. To bad BMW was so stubborn.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:35 AM
Contributors

More on my "Monday" Auto!

They replaced the rear differential this past Friday. I will have a copy of the work soon so I will post the information directly from the work order. I can not, do not want to believe BMW keeps repairing this car! It will leave me before it goes off of warranty.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gomac' post='282273' date='May 14 2006, 07:35 PM
More on my "Monday" Auto!

They replaced the rear differential this past Friday. I will have a copy of the work soon so I will post the information directly from the work order. I can not, do not want to believe BMW keeps repairing this car! It will leave me before it goes off of warranty.

As I said above this 545 will leave me before it goes off Warranty that date is in November. This past week I ordered a 550. Like I said it is not BMW I've been botherd by but this particular car. I wish I were rich enough to let the guys use it for target practice but the bank won't let me do such.j I will make a post later. The SA never gave me the paperwork they kept promising for the costs of the engine and the rear differential. My first real bone to pick with the local BMW. They have been great during this journey. I will update my information later today. Maybe in Dec. I will have more positive things to write about when the new car comes in.