5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/)
-   -   BMW lease rates (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/bmw-lease-rates-25260/)

kmslo530i 05-01-2006 10:09 AM

Has anyone had a discussion about lease rates with their dealer lately? The lease rates that Leasecompare.com has posted in a sticky above are NOT what my dealer is telling me are available. At this point I'm leaning towards buying not leasing because the rates are not that great. Anyone buying or looking lately have any info? I picked up my car last Friday, but I haven't really paid for it yet!!

TIA for any info

drjochen 05-01-2006 10:43 AM

I also did not get what was posted here what I got my car last Friday. The money factor was slightly worse and they showed me a BMW printout with it. I will look it up. The residual posted here was correct.

kmslo530i 05-01-2006 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by drjochen' post='276564' date='May 1 2006, 11:43 AM
I also did not get what was posted here what I got my car last Friday. The money factor was slightly worse and they showed me a BMW printout with it. I will look it up. The residual posted here was correct.

That's exactly what happened to me. My dealer showed me their rate sheet, and the rates were like .00245 instead of the .00175. I called leasecompare.com and was told their posted rates are what BMW Financial offers to the dealers, and the difference is the mark up. I couldn't find a better deal on a lease anywhere else, leasecompare.com included. The lease payment at .00175 looked pretty good to me, but at what I was eventually offerred, .00260 +/- it made purchasing look more attractive. You are right about the residual too.....the residual amount was the same as what's posted on the sticky......

Did you end up leasing?

How are you liking your car??

A2 BMW 05-01-2006 02:09 PM

I just got back from a visit with my dealer to discuss payment options on my '07 530xi which is arriving at the dealer tomorrow. :twoup: I planned on buying because I always feel like I am getting hosed when I lease. The woman in the "business office" got me on the phone to talk about options, including a lump sum payment lease for either 2 or 3 years. She said they had good lease deals on these. I was interested because, despite my best efforts, I usually weaken after 2-3 years and want a new car. :badbad:

Anyway, the deal I was offered was:

24 month lease at $27,893 with 10K or $28,493 with 12K
36 month lease at 38,301 with 10K and $38,899 with 12K

Stated money factor was .00270 vs. standard money factor of .00350

On the surface, this sounds like a terrible deal for me, but I lack the mathematical ability to calculate exactly how badly I am getting hosed (though I am confident I am!). Indeed, I can't even get her math to work out.

Think I'll stick with my cash purchase and hope that the sale of my 330xi goes quickly.

Would be interested in hearing others' experience with '07 lease rated.

Anyone interested in a like new '04 330xi?:?

kmslo530i 05-01-2006 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by A2 BMW' post='276653' date='May 1 2006, 03:09 PM
I just got back from a visit with my dealer to discuss payment options on my '07 530xi which is arriving at the dealer tomorrow. :twoup: I planned on buying because I always feel like I am getting hosed when I lease. The woman in the "business office" got me on the phone to talk about options, including a lump sum payment lease for either 2 or 3 years. She said they had good lease deals on these. I was interested because, despite my best efforts, I usually weaken after 2-3 years and want a new car. :badbad:

Anyway, the deal I was offered was:

24 month lease at $27,893 with 10K or $28,493 with 12K
36 month lease at 38,301 with 10K and $38,899 with 12K

Stated money factor was .00270 vs. standard money factor of .00350

On the surface, this sounds like a terrible deal for me, but I lack the mathematical ability to calculate exactly how badly I am getting hosed (though I am confident I am!). Indeed, I can't even get her math to work out.

Think I'll stick with my cash purchase and hope that the sale of my 330xi goes quickly.

Would be interested in hearing others' experience with '07 lease rated.

Anyone interested in a like new '04 330xi?:?

Well....getting hosed sounds kind of strong!! BUT......an MF of .00270 doesn't sound like much of a good deal right now, and I have no idea what a standard money factor is, but .00350 sounds WAY high. If you were getting somewhere in the neighborhood of .0020 +/- you are probably doing well for TODAY's market. BMW Financial will probably not have anything great to offer until later in the year. For what it's worth, I've decided to purchase, and my dealer has the best rate I can find around here, and that's for 5.99%. My only advice is to really shop around, and keep a healthy suspicion about what your dealer's finance person offers......they are on commission, and the only way they make more money is to get you to pay more money!! If you are certain to want to get into a new car in a few years, perhaps a lease might be for you if you can find a good terms. Good luck, and congrats on the car!

drjochen 05-02-2006 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' post='276578' date='May 1 2006, 03:24 PM
That's exactly what happened to me. My dealer showed me their rate sheet, and the rates were like .00245 instead of the .00175. I called leasecompare.com and was told their posted rates are what BMW Financial offers to the dealers, and the difference is the mark up. I couldn't find a better deal on a lease anywhere else, leasecompare.com included. The lease payment at .00175 looked pretty good to me, but at what I was eventually offerred, .00260 +/- it made purchasing look more attractive. You are right about the residual too.....the residual amount was the same as what's posted on the sticky......

Did you end up leasing?

How are you liking your car??

I did lease my car. I have 36 months, 10000 miles.
The residual is 63%, the money factor is 0.00265.
So far, I like the car MUCH better. The jerking, missed shifts, etc. from the SMG are gone, the engine shuddering and hesitating is also gone. The power is actually not that bad either.

kmslo530i 05-02-2006 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by drjochen' post='277179' date='May 2 2006, 05:26 PM
I did lease my car. I have 36 months, 10000 miles.
The residual is 63%, the money factor is 0.00265.
So far, I like the car MUCH better. The jerking, missed shifts, etc. from the SMG are gone, the engine shuddering and hesitating is also gone. The power is actually not that bad either.

I think those are the exact lease terms I was offered.....but I think I will end up doing a purchase. Congrats on your car.....you have it configured quite nicely. I moved up to my 550 from an 04 530, but I'm pretty sure that if I had the newer 530 engine with sport and some other amenities....I would have hung with the 530 longer (I only had her about 19 months!). That being said.....I love.....I mean, I really love this 550. It's one sweet car. I love how it handles...both power and suspension are superb. Even the runflats (which had me worried) don't seem to be any problem.

Enjoy your car......I can't seem to find nearly enough time or reasons to drive :)