Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW Hit may CAR!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Well today I picked up my car from BMW for a repair. My car was in for: the rear armrest got jammed and I couldnt release it down. So today I go to pick up my car.. As I get to my car I open the back door to see if it was fixed but before I could do anything I saw my car had be scraped!!!! Now I know for a fact my car did not have this before it was droped off to BMW...I spoke to the guy and he said he would take care of it and that it is the dealers fault.. This dealer is JMK BMW my family has bought 10-15 BMW's their.. We know some fo the serive guys there well...I still hold this dealer is quite high reguard but comon... atleast they could have made up some BS about delaying the car so they could fix it before I picked it up..Or at least tell me when i come to get my car that you HIT the dam thing...Heck even though this happened I an please with the way they are handeling it...still will BUY BMW's from this place
Old 05-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i, Silver, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

Originally Posted by Hamann5' date='May 4 2005, 07:38 PM
Well today I picked up my car from BMW for a repair. My car was in for: the rear armrest got jammed and I couldnt release it down. So today I go to pick up my car.. As I get to my car I open the back door to see if it was fixed but before I could do anything I saw my car had be scraped!!!! Now I know for a fact my car did not have this before it was droped off to BMW...I spoke to the guy and he said he would take care of it and that it is the dealers fault.. This dealer is JMK BMW my family has bought 10-15 BMW's their.. We know some fo the serive guys there well...I still hold this dealer is quite high reguard but comon... atleast they could have made up some BS about delaying the car so they could fix it before I picked it up..Or at least tell me when i come to get my car that you HIT the dam thing...Heck even though this happened I an please with the way they are handeling it...still will BUY BMW's from this place?
[snapback]124107[/snapback]

That sucks, but at least they are handling it.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

The first time i read our topic title, i thought you were saying that your car were being hit by another BMW. LOL
Old 05-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Senior Members

Hey Hamann, I feel you man...similar but not as drastic thing happened to me too when i got my car back from my dealership in Princeton a couple months ago. They were changing a part in the passengers seat and while putting the seat back, they RIPPED the leather. The rip is about 6 inches, very noticeable when you are sitting in the back seat.

Anyways, getting it fixed next week along with a SW upgrade
Old 05-04-2005, 08:21 PM
JDN
Contributors

Sorry about the mishap. I can empathize. Mine was dealer-dinged, too.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Sorry to hear about the damages. Getting abck to the reason you brought the car in , Rear arm rest not going down. I have the same problem and am wondering if this is widespread.

Would like to hear from anyone else with the same problem. Thanks
Old 05-05-2005, 07:21 AM
Senior Members

Same thing happened here. Dealer backed into a flower pot and scrathed my back bumper. Called me to tell me it happened, apologized and that they would fix it quickly. I think my dealer does a great job so I'm fine with the little mishap. Let's face it, these guys move hundreds of cars every day, sh*t is going to happen. It's more about how they deal with that is important to me.

On a semi-related note, I made the mistake (once and only once) of going through a brush car wash and promptly picked up a scratch in the middle of my hood. I mentioned it to my dealer when they were swapping out my snow tires and they took it upon themselves to rub out my hood. No charge. Looks great. That's the kind of thing that gives me confidence that this stuff all works itself out.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:44 AM
JDN
Contributors

The difference is that your dealer called you, Sans. In my case, they delivered the car dirty, and I found the ding when I was cleaning it up.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Senior Members

i'll go in have my first oil change and sw update tomorrow. hope this won't happen to me :'(.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Jet Black/Black, Sport Package, Satellite

I had a similar, or worse, situation...brought my car into BMW for basic oil service and when I came to pick it up, a young attendant backed the car into a wall causing body damage to the right rear quarter panel...to the dealership's credit, they brought this to my attention, took full responsibility, gave me a comparable loaner, and repaired the car at their cost...total damage was +/- $1,000....I had them provide me in writing a letter that they were at fault and they would assume any liability when I turned in the car at the end of my lease. I eventually turned in my car at another dealership from whom I bought a new 545 and the issue never came up. Always good to cover your tail in writing...I had a frame damaged vehicle several years earlier and was fortunate enough to have obtained a letter from the other person's insurance carrier which helped me recover diminution of value losses in small claims court after I turned in the vehicle and received $1,500 less than I otherwise should have because it was evident this vehicle had been in a prior, major accident.