Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW Dealer Experience - looking to buy an E60 and...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 12:24 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i MSport, Silver Grey, Step, 19" 172 Wheels, Media Pkg inc MP3, Heated Front Seats, Black Leather Seats, Aux Port, Space Saver Wheel, M Rear Spoiler, Ext Voice System

I've been looking to purchase a used E60 from an authorised dealer so having seen one on the web decided to drop in and enquire about a particular car. What an experience...
Rude from the start, insulting and unable to provide any level of satisfactory service...I'll be avoiding BMW Windsor in future...

Seems like the challenge to acquire an E60 will require not only finding the right car but also finding the right dealer. The car selling itself on it's own merits should not mean customers need suffer fools for agents.

Maybe just my own isolated incident but really put me off.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:58 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i

Hi Simba,
If your near Windsor then you can't be too far
from High Wycombe. I just bought my 545i from Sytners
there and got great service from a guy named Ford Malik.
I think they only have 1 or 2 5's at the moment plus a
couple of M5's and a stunning Alpina B5. Could be worth
giving him a call though, really nice guy. Tell him Barry
sent you
Old 09-10-2006, 12:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: -Current- 535d Sport LCI Bi-Xenon Adaptive Lights, S.A.T, Professional SatNav, Logic7, Elec Memory seats, iPod interface, 19" Alloys WITHOUT RUNFLATS! CIC and Combox Retrofit, White Angel Eyes, Speed in Centre console. -Previous- Mini Cooper S 525d Tourer Auto

Originally Posted by simba' post='329324' date='Aug 31 2006, 09:24 PM
I've been looking to purchase a used E60 from an authorised dealer so having seen one on the web decided to drop in and enquire about a particular car. What an experience...
Rude from the start, insulting and unable to provide any level of satisfactory service...I'll be avoiding BMW Windsor in future...

Seems like the challenge to acquire an E60 will require not only finding the right car but also finding the right dealer. The car selling itself on it's own merits should not mean customers need suffer fools for agents.

I bought my used 5 series from there and never had an issue? I dealt with Tony (cannot remember his surname) and all semmed fine? Give the manager a call as i cannot stand arsholes like you described.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

Originally Posted by simba' post='329324' date='Aug 31 2006, 09:24 PM

FWIW: Service-wise, Altwood Maidenhead, Sytner Beaconsfield, BMW Heathrow and Cooper Reading have always been good with me. Sales-wise, I'd avoid Cooper like the plague. Arrogant, conceited and unhelpful. The other three I cannot speak for. North Oxford and Barons Farnborough are good for both sales and service, but may be a bit out of the beaten path for you.

BMW Approved Used Cars are available at any UK dealer, no matter where they are "registered" - it may just be a question of waiting a few days for them to get transported to "your" dealer, and in the process you may lose some negotiating flexibility, but it really is NOT a major constraint

BTW - the only thing that allows people to locate you from your post is mentioning BMW Windsor. A little more info may be helpful!

Good luck!
Old 09-10-2006, 11:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i MSport, Silver Grey, Step, 19" 172 Wheels, Media Pkg inc MP3, Heated Front Seats, Black Leather Seats, Aux Port, Space Saver Wheel, M Rear Spoiler, Ext Voice System

Many thanks for the pointers and comments! I'll certainly try and check out any 5's at the mentioned dealers. Don't mind the travel if it means I get what I'm looking for