Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW Certified Collision center

Old 02-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: White/Tan, Nav, comfort seats, sport steering wheels, sport suspension, active steering, rear window shades, rear shade, heated seats
Model Year: '07-530i

Previous owner must have had a small spot touched up on the corner of the driver side front bumper as the clear has started to peel a little bit.I took the car to a BMW collision ctr and was told it would be cheaper to just buy a brand new bumper as the labor involved in preparing the current bumper would be as expensive as buying a new one if not higher.The rest of the bumper seems all original though.
Cost of new bumper with PDC holes $580 and with paint,total would be $1074....
So is there any other place where i can buy the bumper cheaper ? Does $1100 sounds reasonable to have the bumper replaced/repainted ?

Thanks
Old 02-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fast
Previous owner must have had a small spot touched up on the corner of the driver side front bumper as the clear has started to peel a little bit.I took the car to a BMW collision ctr and was told it would be cheaper to just buy a brand new bumper as the labor involved in preparing the current bumper would be as expensive as buying a new one if not higher.The rest of the bumper seems all original though.
Cost of new bumper with PDC holes $580 and with paint,total would be $1074....
So is there any other place where i can buy the bumper cheaper ? Does $1100 sounds reasonable to have the bumper replaced/repainted ?

Thanks
No doubt the BMW shop would be very very happy to sell you a new bumper and repaint i! But if you are interested keeping your "original" look and not wanting to upgrade to M style bumpers [unless you really really really want to replace the bumper just for a clear coat fix] I suggest you find a "good" bodyshop to fix the minor paint blemish. The prices you quoted are, IMHO, outrageous.