Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW 545i IS HERE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 12:17 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Did my clear bra have one or two tears when you were here, Andy? At any rate, there are two now, close together and both in the bumper. The second barely touched the paint, but it did, first one missed the paint completely.

Barbara and I just got back from about 3000 miles through Colorado and New Mexico in a loaner X3. We wanted to make it in the 545, but good thing we didn't 'cause Barbara could barely stay composed in the twisties with the X3 handling. At first I thought the X3 was rinky dink stuff, but have really changed my mind during the trip and realize that it is a good road machine. It can cruise easily at 100 mph, corners well, rides good enuf, plenty quiet, 23.5 MPG, very stable in high cross winds, and it is as black as your 545, Andy.

I put the 545 in the shop to check what sounded like an alternator bearing, water pump, or some kind of fan belt noise before the trip. The dealer decided to upgrade the software and lost the communications unit in the process. They said it won't run. That was over two weeks ago. Still waiting on parts.

You waited a long time to get what you wanted. We are all very happy for you and Maria.
[snapback]45588[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, I remember seeing those 2 niks Jim...I think the bra is a saver for things like that. Trouble is it's hard to find in Europe....

PS Sorry to hear about the software hickup... at leats you got some experience in the X3...cool

Andy
Old 10-17-2004, 12:29 AM
Senior Members

Seems like something always gets broken when an upgrade is done. This is starting to get ridiculous. What's happened to the great BMW engineering? or is software just too difficult?
Old 10-18-2004, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by andy545' date='Oct 15 2004, 06:31 PM
First of all, you know the small problem I had before ( with the extra km's ).
After the official apology from the sales director, I must say the service from my
dealer, chief mechanic ( who setup the bluetooth cell phone etc. for me )
had jumped from poor to excellent. I was quite surprised to go from no one knownig where the car was to a complete professional approach.
The atmoshere was pleasant and as a small compesation I was given some goodies.
[snapback]45139[/snapback]
Congrats Andy! You see? Exactly what we told you! Service will get better because they know 60 is too much, and you got some goodies!

You need to be at the next meet, so we can park our cars next to each other, open the hood and rev the engines, while Dennis is standing in front of them. Then he'll get the sound in Stereo...
Old 10-18-2004, 06:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

And a heartattack of the sound!! Whoohooo I want to experience this!!