Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Awesome NY dealership - Wide World of Cars

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 06:12 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone,

Wanted to give a feedback on the very pleasant experience I had when I purchased and serviced a CPO at Wide World of Cars, NY. It is located at Spring Valley, NY and is not far off from Tappan Zee.

Purchase: Internet Manager with whom I dealt - Naeem Nabbie. Excellent service, never pushed me into anything. Even though he knew that I was just researching at that time and wasn't buying a car immediately, I was amazed that he took the pains to remove a 525 that was sitting way back in the showroom and urged me to test drive it because I wasn't sure whether to go with a 530 or 525.

I wasn't impressed with the 525 and left after giving him a list of some of the features that I was looking for. After a week or so, Naeem got back to me and mentioned that he found a 530 that met many of my preferred needs. Best part - quoted price was very attractive when compared to other CPO prices on BMW's website and I ended up buying that car. Love it!

So, highly recommend to check them out if you are in the market for a used car.

Service: I have had the car now for about four months and am quite delighted with it. The only minor problem with the car arose last month when the battery inexplicably drained and died. After I called Roadside Assistance and had it jump-started, I got a msg on the car's control system that the oil level was low. I called Wide World and spoke to Steve Karasac, one of the Assistant Service Managers.

Steve was quite relieving to talk to because he asked me to immediately bring the car in if I felt that the car was not running smoothly or if I had the slightest doubt. He also added that if the car is running fine, I might want to monitor it for a day or two before deciding because there was a chance that the message was probably linked to an incomplete computer reset following the battery drain and that it could disappear if the reset is complete. And, that is exactly what happened.

Even though the control message disappeared after a day, I felt a bit uneasy that this happened and called him again two weeks ago to see if I can bring the car early for its regular 30k maintenance. Steve was quite fine with it and arranged for a brand new loaner car (335xi with 4 miles on it! Wow! That car can fly!! But not as comforting as my 530 and I wasn't particular about feeling the road here in NYC/NJ.)

The entire process at the service was amazingly smooth. I was treated with a lot of respect and courtesy right from the time I pulled over. I then introduced myself to Steve, who immediately pulled up his notes from my earlier call and assured me that he will look into everything. Steve called me the next day that the car was ready and that he had the oil filled up. I picked up the car the following day and was impressed that they had taken the trouble to wash and vaccum the car. Nice touch!

Since Steve wasn't there that Saturday when I picked the car up, I couldn't clarify a few issues and so emailed him earlier last week. Steve was quite prompt in replying to my first and subsequent emails. Very happy with the kind of service that I have received. Even though they are 30 miles away, I am probably going to take my car only to them.