5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/)
-   -   "Awaiting Release to Carrier" (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/awaiting-release-carrier-4398/)

Bokke 11-10-2004 06:58 AM

My car completed production on 10/29 and is still at the factory "awaiting release to the carrier!" :angry:

Very frustrating! Anybody have a similar experience?

Cheers

DDW 11-10-2004 07:04 AM

Mine is ?at the port awaiting a shipping vessel? 10 days now! <_<

sdpike 11-10-2004 07:20 AM

Welcoe.

Go to the FAQ section and chck out the "How can I check the status of my car's production". All the necessary links/phone numbers are there. MY car was finished on 10/22 and seemd to sit awaiting shipment for a long time. What I found was the BMW site is last to be updated and the BMW North Amercia number was more timely but still off. I went to the WW site and found my car was loaded on the ship 10/29 when the BMW web site and the North Ameica site where telling me it was waiting for shipment. The boat had already set sail before they even updated.

Good luck

kscarrol 11-10-2004 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by DDW' date='Nov 10 2004, 10:04 AM
Mine is ?at the port awaiting a shipping vessel? 10 days now!? <_<
[snapback]54575[/snapback]

DDW, sdpike is right, once BMW delivers it to the shipper, the Web Site will show Awaiting Transport for some time. It is technically now in the shippers posession, so BMW's ability to track it is limited until it arrives at the VPC stateside. In fact, the Owner's Circle showed Awaiting Transport the day my car arrived at my dealer!

Same goes for Bokke, is this information from your dealer, the website or the 800 number? 10 days does seem to be a long time, but the car may actually already be in transit, but BMW doesn't know that, only the shipper does.

JDN 11-10-2004 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bokke' date='Nov 10 2004, 09:58 AM
My car completed production on 10/29 and is still at the factory "awaiting release to the carrier!"? :angry:

Very frustrating!? Anybody have a similar experience?

Cheers
[snapback]54574[/snapback]

Do what sdpike said. Next, go to your doctor and see if he can induce a 30 day coma. :lol: Welcome and good luck. Waiting is the hard part.

g8r 11-10-2004 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by DDW' date='Nov 10 2004, 12:04 PM
Mine is ?at the port awaiting a shipping vessel? 10 days now!? <_<
[snapback]54575[/snapback]

Mine completed production 10/22 and was put on the ship 10/29. The records didn't reflect this until about 11/3 (dealer called to let me know). So the Owner's Circle info didn't reflect car being in transit until several days after it left the port.
The ship is supposed to arrive in N.Y. today and reach Charleston, S.C. on 11/15. The wait is killing me! :wacko:

545iii 11-10-2004 12:21 PM

So it takes about 2 weeks (10 days) to complete production? :blink:

g8r 11-10-2004 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by 545iii' date='Nov 10 2004, 05:21 PM
So it takes about 2 weeks (10 days) to complete production?? :blink:
[snapback]54671[/snapback]

A little less than 2 weeks. I put my order in on about 10/12. I didn't know I could track it until I called SA on 11/15 and he told me I could track it and gave me a production number (so the production number was ready much faster than the FAQ info indicates). Based on a conversation with someone at BMWUSA (toll free number), production was actually complete on 10/21 and my car sat at the plant for a couple days before getting delivered to the port. Then it sat at the port for a week waiting to get put on a ship. I was first told it would be a mid December delivery, now I am hearing Thanksgiving. Ship is supposed to arrive in N.Y. today but WW website does not show that it has reached that port.

g8r 11-10-2004 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by sdpike' date='Nov 10 2004, 12:20 PM
Welcoe.

Go to the FAQ section and chck out the "How can I check the status of my car's production". All the necessary links/phone numbers are there. MY car was finished on 10/22 and seemd to sit awaiting shipment for a long time. What I found was the BMW site is last to be updated and the BMW North Amercia number was more timely but still off.? I went to the WW site and found my car was loaded on the ship 10/29 when the BMW web site and the North Ameica site where telling me it was waiting for shipment. The boat had already set sail before they even updated.

Good luck
[snapback]54579[/snapback]

sdpike -- do you know what ship yours is on? Mine was also completed on 10/22 and I am waiting for east coast delivery.

sdpike 11-10-2004 03:00 PM

Hi g8r.
The ship is the Resolv and the voyage is EA443-RES. I'm sure it lnded today and is scheduled to sail tomorrow.Check the WW site and put in your vin number or give it to me and I'll do it for you. I'm sure your is on this ship as mine finished the ame day and both are east coast deliveries.

good luck, the waiting sucks. But, I'm counting the hours