Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Arrived.... at the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 11:07 PM
dvw
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally, after almost 4 months waiting, I finally sat in my E60 this morning.
Because of a night-delivery, there it stood this morning! What a beauty!!!

Needless to say I walked several times around the car, and even sat in it (dealer gave me the keys), everything looked in place (even the cupholders )

I also took several pics with my digital camera and I was even going to put some pics on this forum but with all my enthousiasm I forgot my USB-upload connect cable. So the only view on my car is from the small LCD display from my camera. <_<

Today they (dealer) they were going to do a full check if nothing was damaged during night-delivery, monday-morning they will install an anti-carjacking system (had to do this for my insurance company - like JohanDC), and on tuesday morning I can pick it up.

Pics will follow tonight...
And as for all the guys on the 'Ease My Paine... Please'-topic, I would be happy to write my experiences on a 4 month-waiting periode , but I'm afraid from tuesday morning on I will no longer have the time to do so
Old 05-06-2004, 11:30 PM
Members

I guess that we'll take delivery of our 530d's at the same time then! I?m expecting to pick mine up Monday or Tuesday! You dealer does however seem quicker with the delivery than mine, as my car has been at the dealers since early this week....
Old 05-06-2004, 11:49 PM
Contributors

Congratulations.....Please post those pictures and may I be the first to wish you many safe and happy miles!

DD
Old 05-07-2004, 11:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

What is involved in the anti-car jacking system? Is this separate from the separate alarm.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Sorry about that last sentence I was typing and talking to my wife. It should read:
Is this separate from the alarm?
Old 05-07-2004, 02:46 PM
Senior Members

Yes, it is. It's not an additional alarm (already factory installed) but an anti-carjacking system. Basically it comes down to an additional module that will check whether the driver did authenticate him/herself or not. The authentication procedure has to be performed each time a door has been opened. The authentication itself can happen in several ways, for example, entering a code, pressing a sequence of buttons, or having a transmittor in your pocket. If none of these functions have been performed after opening/closing a door (when being carjacked for example) the car will shut itself down after a couple of minutes. That's about it.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:33 PM
Members

If you lived in Jo'burg I could understand, but Belgium???????
Old 05-10-2004, 10:46 PM
dvw
Members

Even in Belgium we need to install such a system in order get full-insurance.
Anyway I will pick it up this afternoon, here are the pics from friday at delivery.
Attached Thumbnails Arrived.... at the dealer-dscn2070.jpg  
Old 05-10-2004, 10:48 PM
dvw
Members

Another one:
Attached Thumbnails Arrived.... at the dealer-dscn2073.jpg  
Old 05-10-2004, 10:50 PM
dvw
Members

And the last one: