Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Arghhh!!! Still in New Jersey

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 09:43 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige

My Atlanta-bound ED 545i is still sitting in New Jersey after being discharged on May 28! My CA claims some sort of software/electronic campaign (maybe v12 being installed?). Who knows when I'll get it now; almost certainly not this week.

This is really frustrating,

-MrB
Old 06-07-2004, 09:51 AM
Members

discharged in May 28 and still sitting in NJ.. wow.. i feel your pain. My car arrived in NJ on June 5th. Do you know what exactly they are doing? Give you any time estimate?
Old 06-07-2004, 09:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Wow, that is frustrating. Software issue? I assume you didn't have any problems on your ED? I didn't think v. 12 was out until Sept.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:06 AM
Guest_jmnieves

My car arrived on the 28th on the Maesrk Teal also in NJ but my car was at my dealership on the 1st!

Software change, I don't think so.

When you get your car I'd ask for the VPC report to see if there was any damage.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:21 AM
Senior Members

I had no problems during ED. I did sustain a small (< 1mm) rock chip on the front fascia, next to the driver-side kidney grill, but other than that, no problems whatsoever.

I will definitely ask for the VPC report in case there was any damage sustained during shipping.

My CA definitely mentioned a software/electronic campaign as the reason that it's still there, which is why I thought maybe v12. Come to think of it, my car was actually produced the first week of March, so they may just be installing the latest software. I've also been the victim of bad timing; it was discharged on a Friday afternoon before a holiday weekend. I'm going to make my CA earn his commission this week.

I WANT MY CAR!!!

-MrB
Old 06-07-2004, 10:51 AM
Icy
Members

Hope your pain is eased soon. I can just imagine what a wreck I'll be 3-4 days out from delivery.

Don't forget to post some pics. Maybe of the HUD?
Old 06-07-2004, 10:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Icy' date='Jun 7 2004, 12:51 PM
Hope your pain is eased soon. I can just imagine what a wreck I'll be 3-4 days out from delivery.

Don't forget to post some pics. Maybe of the HUD?
We'll see. If it's just a matter of installing the latest software, then maybe it'll be pretty soon. There are so many variables, like how many southeastern ED cars does it take before they load them on a train for Spartanburg; how long to fix my miniscule little rock chip, etc. etc.

I'll post some better pics of the car once I get it back. You can check out www.thebelkfamily.net/travel to see the pics from my trip, but my ISP has been very flaky lately, so if it's inaccessible, just try back later.

-MrB
Old 06-07-2004, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

There was another post somewhere about a dealer having version 12 now. If that's true, it's quite likely that all E60's at the VPC's are being upgraded to 12 before being released.

If so, I wouldn't be upset. If anything, I'd be happy to have a tech at the VPC doing my upgrade since I've heard so many horror stories about inexperienced techs at the dealerships botching software upgrades.

So, bottom line, if the "campaign" at the VPC that is delaying your car is, in fact, due to version 12 being installed, I'd be even more excited since you'll likely not have to deal with all the issues we've been dealing with on version 11.x. Getting your car a few days early with bugs is worse than getting your car bugless (or maybe "less bugs") a few days later!

Good luck!
Old 06-07-2004, 11:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jun 7 2004, 01:05 PM
There was another post somewhere about a dealer having version 12 now. If that's true, it's quite likely that all E60's at the VPC's are being upgraded to 12 before being released.

If so, I wouldn't be upset. If anything, I'd be happy to have a tech at the VPC doing my upgrade since I've heard so many horror stories about inexperienced techs at the dealerships botching software upgrades.

So, bottom line, if the "campaign" at the VPC that is delaying your car is, in fact, due to version 12 being installed, I'd be even more excited since you'll likely not have to deal with all the issues we've been dealing with on version 11.x. Getting your car a few days early with bugs is worse than getting your car bugless (or maybe "less bugs") a few days later!

Good luck!
You make a great point. We'll see what the VPC report says when I finally get it. What sucks is that I've already sold my 330i, so I am currently car-less. I hate being at the mercy of friends and co-workers.

At least my car is in the USA. West Coasters who dropped off the same time as me are still on the ship.

Misery sure loves company.

-MrB
Old 06-07-2004, 11:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you getting all of this information from your dealer as to where your car is?

mine is 'getting ready for transport'.

Quick Reply: Arghhh!!! Still in New Jersey