Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Anyone on the UNDINE?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered a 550i Sport 6MT to replace my current '04 545i SMG (lease end). Car is on the Undine, and a quick Google of "undine ship" gives a www.sailwx.info site which shows it not too far off the US coastline. Car was loaded on the ship on 5/10/07. I'm guessing it's arriving around the 24th.

Any idea how long it takes from arriving at the VPC to when I can pick it up?
I'm concerned because it's Memorial Day weekend here in the US and I don't suspect much work will get done during that time...

Once the car is here I will do my best to capture the exhaust note and share with the group.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Auto, monaco blue met., black Dakota leather, burl walnut trim, sport package, active steering, Navi, HUD, cold weather package, comfort access, heated rear seats, rear sunshades, rear side air bags, rear deck spoiler, Logic 7 w/CD changer,
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by tottifan' post='426973' date='May 21 2007, 08:35 PM
Ordered a 550i Sport 6MT to replace my current '04 545i SMG (lease end). Car is on the Undine, and a quick Google of "undine ship" gives a www.sailwx.info site which shows it not too far off the US coastline. Car was loaded on the ship on 5/10/07. I'm guessing it's arriving around the 24th.

I'm concerned because it's Memorial Day weekend here in the US and I don't suspect much work will get done during that time...

Once the car is here I will do my best to capture the exhaust note and share with the group.
Congrats on your new car and best of luck! Here's the link to the sailing schedule:

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...esselSearch.do

Just type in Undine and click "Search". Vessel should be in New York on May 25.

Felix
Old 05-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I WAS!!!!! My MINI was on the Undine!!! Wow sooo cool... brings back memories...

Anyone on the UNDINE?-undine_shipping.jpg
Old 05-22-2007, 07:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tottifan' post='426973' date='May 21 2007, 08:35 PM

YEAH BABY! My 550i sport is on the Undine too. I check the progress everyday. It's due to the NY port on friday so I bet it doesn't get touched until tues and we'll get it late that week or early the following week. Come on - get here!
Old 05-22-2007, 08:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tottifan' post='426973' date='May 21 2007, 07:35 PM

Where do you live in the us? Depends on your location.

I was having the M kit installed at the port last year and it took 3 .5 weeks from when it hit port till it got to my dealer. But i'm in chicago.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:28 PM
CWG
Members

My Ride: 08 550i Titanium Silver, Black interior, sport package, steptronic

FYI - my 2008 550i arrived at the VPC on the west coast April 9th. They did not release for transport to the dealer until May 7. They claim there was some problem with the license plate bracket, the euro one was installed by mistake.

It only took BMW 5 days to build the whole car. Then it was 28 days on the water to the west coast and another 29 days to get through the VPC. Hopefully yours will move through the VPC in a couple of days. The wait just about killed me.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Members

Dealer is in NJ...hopefully there won't be any problems like that! Sorry to hear about your wait.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:25 AM
CWG
Members

My Ride: 08 550i Titanium Silver, Black interior, sport package, steptronic

Originally Posted by tottifan' post='427329' date='May 22 2007, 02:18 PM
Dealer is in NJ...hopefully there won't be any problems like that! Sorry to hear about your wait.
Thanks - but don't worry you are going to love the car when it arrives