Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Any one ever update ther software @ BMW of Peabody

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

Before I schedual my first "check up" I wanted to wait till they got in 17. I got my car used at MB dealership so this would be first dealing with there service department. I hated dealing with them when I was going to try to get my car from them, hopefully I have a better dealing with them at ther service department.. anyone ever have service done there?
Old 06-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by John007' date='Jun 2 2005, 06:00 PM
Before I schedual my first "check up" I wanted to wait till they got in 17.? I got my car used at MB dealership so this would be first dealing with there service department.? I hated dealing with them when I was going to try to get my car from them, hopefully I have a better dealing with them at ther service department.. anyone ever have service done there?
[snapback]135588[/snapback]
I bought my car in Peabody, but have it serviced at Herb Chambers in Boston. They've upgraded my software a couple of times. Great service. Ask for Ali.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Senior Members

Funny, I bought my car at Chambers and have it serviced at Peabody. Peabody's new service center is really nice. Chambers is a little crowded for me; I get nervous seeing them drive it within an inch of another car. I have had good experience with Peabody. Had my car in for a flat and told them the tranny was grinding on the first shift into second on cold mornings. They ordered a new tranny and had it installed the next week. I spoke with the mechanic afterwards and he assured me it wasn't due to abuse, just a defective part. It has been working fine since. I had my DME recall done at Herb as well as Bluetooth activated. They seemed pretty good as well. They gave me a free loaner at Chambers because I bought the car there. Peabody's policy is no free loaner if you didn't buy it there, but they gave me one for two days while they did the tranny.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Hey John007,

I bought my last M3 as well as my 545i at BMW Peabody!
I would go nowhere else!
I had a previous M3 and my father currently has a 750iL and had another 750iL previous to that from a different dealer.
I am VERY pleased with Peabody.
My next BMW's will come from Peabody as well.

As a matter of fact, I'm going there tomorrow morning.

They are almost an hour away from me and there are three BMW
dealers that are closer to me and I will ALWAYS go to Peabody!

If you have not been assigned a Service Advisor make sure that you ask for Rob Hannafin. He is very knowlegeable about the e60 and actually cares.

As a note: I have no affiliation with, don't work for, and have no family or friends working there. They are just a Great Dealership!!

If anyone is buying a car: ask for Mark Lande. He took care of me with my last two cars and will take care of my next ones too.

I hope this helps you!
Old 06-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Hey guys you should put your dealer experiences GOOD or bad on www.dealerrater.com so everyone can benefit from them.
cheers
vern
Old 06-03-2005, 01:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Jun 2 2005, 10:27 PM
Hey John007,

I bought my last M3 as well as my 545i at BMW Peabody!
I would go nowhere else!
I had a previous M3 and my father currently has a 750iL and had another 750iL previous to that from a different dealer.
I am VERY pleased with Peabody.
My next BMW's will come from Peabody as well.

As a matter of fact, I'm going there tomorrow morning.

They are almost an hour away from me and there are three BMW
dealers that are closer to me and I will ALWAYS go to Peabody!

If you have not been assigned a Service Advisor make sure that you ask for Rob Hannafin.? He is very knowlegeable about the e60 and actually cares.

As a note: I have no affiliation with, don't work for, and have no family or friends working there.? They are just a Great Dealership!!

If anyone is buying a car: ask for Mark Lande.? He took care of me with my last two cars and will take care of my next ones too.

I hope this helps you!
[snapback]135688[/snapback]
OK I emailed Mr. Rob Hannafin early this morning and advised him I was looking for a Service Advisor and heard he is the man when it comes to E60's and that I was recomended him on the E60.net website, Didn't hear from him. I called later on at the number that was listed in his bio on there web site still didn't hear back from him so I then called BMW of Peabody and when told that I was calling to set up an appointment when I was connected to service and told them I was a new customer they told me hold on and sent me right to the other place The BMW of Peabody Service Center - Centennial Drive. The guy (think his name was Tom but I wrote it down and it isn't in front of me right now) was very very nice on the phone he was like you got a great car there I hope there isn't much wrong with it, I told him the passenger restraint system thing that is going on right now, and then I said that my I-drive has been blanking out and stuff so I have an appointment for wed. hope they update me v17 and that I get a free E60 loaner ANYONE EVER GET ANYTHING DONE AT CENTENNIAL DRIVE?
Old 06-03-2005, 05:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

I was at Peabody this morning having my Dunlops looked at. They had 2 of 4 SA's on vacation so they were swamped. I haven't had anything done on Centennial Drive altough I hear that it is a nice facility. (Rob Hannafin works out of the main dealership). I'd call back on Monday and ask for Rob again. Leave him a message and let him know "realtyman" told you to call him. I think you just caught them on a bad day. There were 3 walk-ins (no appointment) in the span of 20 minutes in addition to the appointment load.

Don't bet on an E60 loaner however. I've only had one once. Ususally it's a 3 or an X3 (which is OK with me).
Old 06-03-2005, 05:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Jun 3 2005, 09:05 PM
I was at Peabody this morning having my Dunlops looked at.? They had 2 of 4 SA's on vacation so they were swamped.? I haven't had anything done on Centennial Drive altough I hear that it is a nice facility.? (Rob Hannafin works out of the main dealership).? I'd call back on Monday and ask for Rob again.? Leave him a message and let him know "realtyman" told you to call him.? I think you just caught them on a bad day.? There were 3 walk-ins (no appointment) in the span of 20 minutes in addition to the appointment load.
[snapback]135980[/snapback]
He actualy left a message around 7pm and I called back around 7:25pm and no call back. You think I should go there instead? Isn't the Centennial Drive place all state of the art ? Do you know if they have V17?
Old 06-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Contributors

Don't know if they have 17 yet. I got 16.2 a few weeks ago.
The main location was all updated within the last year or two. Centennial Drive is even newer. All I know is that Rob works from the main location and he is Good!

For example: When I asked for the Aux input a few weeks ago he said "sure".
He already knew all of the part #'s etc. Didn't give me a hard time. Knew what he was talking about. And charged me a fair price.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:48 AM
htt
Members

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Jun 4 2005, 02:17 AM
Don't know if they have 17 yet.? I got 16.2 a few weeks ago.
The main location was all updated within the last year or two.? Centennial Drive is even newer.? All I know is that Rob works from the main location and he is Good!

For example: When I asked for the Aux input a few weeks ago he said "sure".
He already knew all of the part #'s etc.? Didn't give me a hard time.? Knew what he was talking about. And charged me a fair price.
[snapback]135985[/snapback]
whats a fair price?

Quick Reply: Any one ever update ther software @ BMW of Peabody