Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Another BMW service blunder

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 09:46 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So like I posted in the loose tire valve thread-I had a problem with what I now know as the TMP valve on the tire. Which someone had posted works by using abs sensors to measure wheel speed and senses if one is turning slower-well that cannot be true as each wheel has its own sensor.

Anyway I had ONLY the back 2 tires replaced at a bmw dealer-the one that to me is just a disaster here in phoenix. Well the guy at discount tire tightened these bolts on the tire pressure sensors and the right back on that was letting air out and set off my sensor was barely hanging on and then he checked the left back one and it was also really loose. The fronts were fine. Now it is too much a coincidence that I had 2 back tires changed and 2 sensors loose-and 2 untouched tires and 2 complete fine bolts.

Again unacceptable for paying the extra cash and taking the extra time to do things at a dealer it just doesnt pay. Anyway sensor tightened and all fine and well
Old 06-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by sleepyca31' post='431756' date='Jun 4 2007, 12:46 PM
So like I posted in the loose tire valve thread-I had a problem with what I now know as the TMP valve on the tire. Which someone had posted works by using abs sensors to measure wheel speed and senses if one is turning slower-well that cannot be true as each wheel has its own sensor.
That very well can be true, just not for your car. There are two different system on E60's, depending on the age of your car. Older E60's like mine do not have the TPM system with a sensor on each wheel. The older FTM system on my car does use the abs sensor to detect wheel speed in determining whether a tire is going flat. Can't recall when BMW made the switch...

Either way, is there no other BWM dealer in Phoenix you can use, this one sounds awful!