Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

angry at dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my e60 520d is 1 month old and its a great car but now there is a facelift and I'am not happy with it .
when i bought my car i ask the dealer if there was an facelift coming up and he told me he didin't now and it was at not for over a year.now in 3 months i will driving a old model wich is a great car but
I find he wasn't fair and just wanted to sell an other car.
now when i call him to say that i'am pissed at him he just says that he hasn't time to speak to me and i have to call back again.
I find it not fair from bmw that they not tell the clients there's a facelift coming up so they can deside what to do ,old model for less money or the new model.
and i paid the full price and now they are giving the leather for free
Old 01-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Originally Posted by devron' post='377060' date='Jan 11 2007, 07:28 PM
my e60 520d is 1 month old and its a great car but now there is a facelift and I'am not happy with it .
when i bought my car i ask the dealer if there was an facelift coming up and he told me he didin't now and it was at not for over a year.now in 3 months i"am driving a old model wich is a great car.
I find he wasn't fair and just wanted to sell an other car.
now when i call him to say that i'am pissed at him he just says that he hasn't time to speak to me and i have to call back again.
I find it not fair from bmw that they not tell the clients there's a facelift coming up so they can deside what to do ,old model for less money or the new model

I can understand your frustration, but if they told everyone that asked, they would have to close down for about 2 months ever time there is a facelift. If you are a repeat customer, they should give you a heads up. Back in July of 2005 I was about to order a 545, my salesman took me aside and told me to hold off a couple of months because the 550 was coming out. I am a repeat customer and have referred about 15 people to them in the past year. Problem is that with most things these days as soon as you get it home there is something better out tomorrow. Also did you not check here before you bought it, the facelift info has been on here for a while.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

I can understand your point - I just ordered my '07 550i in December, and it doesnt arrive until mid-february. I never heard anything about the facelift either, although, I suppose I didnt really ask.

Am I upset? Nah. Like Katheikia said, there is always something new coming out. I'm sure many of the 545 guys were bummed when the 550 arrived just 2 years later. If there was a new engine as part of the facelift in the 550, maybe I would feel differently, but I'm so excited about my car, I'm not upset at all.

Hell, it happened to me last time I bought a new car too. Bought an '04 G35 Coupe (287 hp) and a few months later, the 2005 came out with 300 hp in the 6MT. Its just part of life.

I suppose you could always get a 12 month lease, just so you're always in the latest & greatest.

And I'm not trying to be snide either. If you asked and werent told, that is a bit of a different issue than just being bummed about not waiting.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Senior Members

And to be fair to the dealer .... they generally are told nothing. I always knew about things before them because of this forum. They are just not told very much at all.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Senior Members

[quote name='lawguy' date='Jan 11 2007, 08:52 PM' post='377077']
I can understand your point - I just ordered my '07 550i in December, and it doesnt arrive until mid-february. I never heard anything about the facelift either, although, I suppose I didnt really ask.

Am I upset? Nah. Like Katheikia said, there is always something new coming out. I'm sure many of the 545 guys were bummed when the 550 arrived just 2 years later. If there was a new engine as part of the facelift in the 550, maybe I would feel differently, but I'm so excited about my car, I'm not upset at all.

Hell, it happened to me last time I bought a new car too. Bought an '04 G35 Coupe (287 hp) and a few months later, the 2005 came out with 300 hp in the 6MT. Its just part of life.

I suppose you could always get a 12 month lease, just so you're always in the latest & greatest.

And I'm not trying to be snide either. If you asked and werent told, that is a bit of a different issue than just being bummed about not waiting.

[/quote

I picked up my 550i about 5 weeks ago and I totally agree with you about the engine. A bi-turbo or more powerful engine would have been a bummer. From what I can see, the only thing in the refresh that really would interest me would be the programmable buttons that are not on my car. They would be a nice add to the I-Drive system. The NAV upgrade may well be software related and may, therefore, be available to us. I'm not crazy about the interior changes and really don't care for the shifter. The exterior changes are not that significant.

I don't think I would have traded 6 months of driving my car to wait to get the refreshed model.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 07 550 silver Gray SP PKG, NAV, LOGIC 7, SAT, COLD WEATHER, STEP.

I disagree what about people with the sport pkg. the new 08 is completly changed and upgraded
Old 01-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by lawguy' post='377077' date='Jan 11 2007, 07:52 PM

I agree. I also ordered my car in December '06, and learned of the facelift only after I left the dealership. After a brief moment of doubt and remorse, I quickly remembered what Lawguy is saying...there's always something newer or improved. I just can't wait for the car to arrive, which BTW is supposed to be Jan.20, I'm told. I wonder why Lawguy's car is a month behind mine?
Old 01-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Members

I would be pretty hacked off too, especially as you asked them a direct question. If you didn't ask, it would have been a different matter.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Well your frustration is understood, but as katheikia say there's always something newer and better that come out once you took it home. Just sit back and enjoy your ride because as lawguy suggested unless you get a 12 month lease, you would always be in something that's obselete in this fast changing world. It's life.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 550 silver Gray SP PKG, NAV, LOGIC 7, SAT, COLD WEATHER, STEP.

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='377157' date='Jan 12 2007, 04:20 AM
Well your frustration is understood, but as katheikia say there's always something newer and better that come out once you took it home. Just sit back and enjoy your ride because as lawguy suggested unless you get a 12 month lease, you would always be in something that's obselete in this fast changing world. It's life.
Yes and that's why our resale value is crap

Quick Reply: angry at dealer