Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

550i Waiting Game

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i, Ordered 3/04/06, Build date : 13th week - Silver Gray Metallic, Gray Leather, Cold WX, Prem. Sound, Sport Pkg., Steptronic, Active steering, Comfort Access, Rear Shades, Nav, HD Radio, Sat Radio // Euro Pickup May 9th, 2007
Smile

:'( Like a few others here I placed an order for a 550i with SMG and was later told of the transmission and Euro delivery problems. I told my dealer to keep my deposit while I ponder my options. Buy and '05 545 if I can find one; wait for the 550; look at Infinit, Lexus alternatives. Plus, my dealer worked up the numbers on the 550 and Euro delivery. They quoted me the full Euro Retail and I asked about a discount for being a repeat customer. To which the reply was "Oh, we don't make hardly any profit on the euro delivery cars....we only process paperwork and collect a small fee." After looking at the "confidential" wholesale price list....I wonder how much truth there is in that statement. I hate being taken advantage of and was wondering if any others have been told the same thing.

Totally frustrated here!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Contributors

everything with BMW NA is a waiting game and complete frustration, they refuse to generally give out any information and their marketing of cars here just plain su*ks..as for dealers, unless you call their bluff they will lie to make a buck...unfortunately, if you want to be one of the first, you have to deal, but im sure after a few more months they will again deal even on the 550i...another annoying point is that some in Canada have stated that they would be offered the M-sport package for the 550i...i still havent see it in black and white, but if its offered in Canada and not in the US, i might blow a head gasket if you know what I mean and just spite myself and say f* BMW NA and do something stupid.... still waiting...
Old 08-03-2005, 11:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 550i M Sport Package - Alpine White/Blk Nasca Leather, Premium hi-fi system, Sat Radio, Nav, Cold Weather Package, Value Package, Shift Paddles, Comfort Access keyless entry, Power rear Sunshade, Front Ventilated seats, Split fold-down rear seats, Heated rear seats, Automatic high beams

Forget that dealer and go somewhere else. Aim for 1500-2000 above invoice on ED pricing. Oh, and ED cars do not come out of their allocation, so it's all profit for them (M cars are exempted).
Old 08-03-2005, 12:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i, Ordered 3/04/06, Build date : 13th week - Silver Gray Metallic, Gray Leather, Cold WX, Prem. Sound, Sport Pkg., Steptronic, Active steering, Comfort Access, Rear Shades, Nav, HD Radio, Sat Radio // Euro Pickup May 9th, 2007

Mercy - I was told by the sales agent at the dealer that the ED DOES come out of their allocation. And, I got the impression that I should be ecstatic to be getting the "7% discount". If a dealership has only so many cars per month allocated to them....and, they are able to sell most of them....what's the incentive to deal? I wish there was another BMW dealer here in Tucson. Then they remind me that I won't get a "free loaner" if I don't buy from them. This dealer is located in the Tucson Auto Mall....where, among the usual US brands, there is Jaguar, Lexus, Infinit, etc. All of the 3 previously mentioned luxury marques offer free loaners of their own brand. The BMW dealer offers worn out Pontiacs. I don't get it. I just want to be treated fairly and with respect.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

550i's allocation will not be affected by ED. Take your business somewhere else, even out of state if you have to, and have the car shipped to your closes dealer (courtesy delivery) for like $500 or so.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always have my car service at my nearby location and they always give me BMW loaner. Make sure you call in, make appointment and ask for loaner.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Members

My Ride: 550745540

Originally Posted by m630' date='Aug 3 2005, 03:06 PM
everything with BMW NA is a waiting game and complete frustration, they refuse to generally give out any information and their marketing of cars here just plain su*ks..as for dealers, unless you call their bluff they will lie to make a buck...unfortunately, if you want to be one of the first, you have to deal, but im sure after a few more months they will again deal even on the 550i...another annoying point is that some in Canada have stated that they would be offered the M-sport package for the 550i...i still havent see it in black and white, but if its offered in Canada and not in the US, i might blow a head gasket if you know what I mean and just spite myself and say f* BMW NA and do something stupid.... still waiting...?
[snapback]155717[/snapback]
Take it for what it's worth. I previously posted about M Sport Pak in Canada on the 06's. The info came from Product Guide 2006 for retailer sales personnel.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

Originally Posted by m630' date='Aug 3 2005, 01:06 PM
....another annoying point is that some in Canada have stated that they would be offered the M-sport package for the 550i...i still havent see it in black and white, but if its offered in Canada and not in the US, i might blow a head gasket if you know what I mean ....
That being the case, you will be blowing gasket for the next 4 yrs because BMWNA as a policy ONLY offers the "M-Sports Package" on the final production year of the model. Regardless of the fact everyone else in the world (incld. Canada) is capable of getting.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

I have bought many new cars and take it from me, dealers have absolutely no loyalty to repeat customers. When I was looking for my 330i I sent the same email request to 10 southern calif dealers of which only 3 replied seeking my business, of which I was able to leveredge my deal. In buying other new cars in the past, I have never even had the same salesman twice! This may be different with the BMW experience but I'm willing to bet the guys on this sight that have had multiple BMWs in the past haven't had the same salesman either.

TAKE YOUR BUSINESS TO THE DEALER WILLING TO WORK WITH YOUR NEEDS!
Old 08-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 530xiT

Originally Posted by Heloha' date='Aug 3 2005, 08:26 PM
I have bought many new cars and take it from me, dealers have absolutely no loyalty to repeat customers.? When I was looking for my 330i I sent the same email request to 10 southern calif dealers of which only 3 replied seeking my business, of which I was able to leveredge my deal.? In buying other new cars in the past, I have never even had the same salesman twice!? This may be different with the BMW experience but I'm willing to bet the guys on this sight that have had multiple BMWs in the past haven't had the same salesman either.

TAKE YOUR BUSINESS TO THE DEALER WILLING TO WORK WITH YOUR NEEDS!
[snapback]155844[/snapback]
I've purchased 2 BMWs and just ordered the third (over a 5 year period) from the same salesman at Seattle BMW.

Quick Reply: 550i Waiting Game