Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

550 Pricing and Ordering...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 05:30 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2002 M3 Convertible SMG Silver/Black 2005 545i ED Jet Black/Beige

I am planning on an ED for a 545 in early May. Due to a couple of factors, there is a slight chance that I may wait until fall or next spring to do my ED.

I am going to have to make a final decision within the next few days or week or so, as my P.O. date is imminent. Does anybody know:

- When pricing will be available for the 550.
- When we will be able to order for ED, and what the earliest possible pickup might be (early September?).
- I assume the money factors will be much higher than the current great deals. Any thoughts on what is a reasonable expectation of money factor for the 550 when it first comes out? I generally lease my cars, so this will have a significant impact on my decision.

Please note, I do not need to restart the debate on 545 vs. 550; that is not an issue for me; I am more than happy with the 545. The issue for me is that I am a little upside down in my current lease, and I am not sure how big a hit I am willing to take. If I have to, I can wait until September or next April (though, of course I don't want to).

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2002 330CIC with Sports and Premium (Sold 4/2005) 2005 545I Black Saphire Metalic, with Black Dakota Leather, Poplar trim. Sport Package, MTech Body kit and Spoiler, HUD, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Premium sound, CWP, Heated Rear Seats, Window shades. Valentine 1 hardwired, Aux input.

Originally Posted by fishskis' date='Mar 20 2005, 07:30 PM
I am planning on an ED for a 545 in early May. Due to a couple of factors, there is a slight chance that I may wait until fall or next spring to do my ED.

I am going to have to make a final decision within the next few days or week or so, as my P.O. date is imminent. Does anybody know:

- When we will be able to order for ED, and what the earliest possible pickup might be (early September?).
- I assume the money factors will be much higher than the current great deals. Any thoughts on what is a reasonable expectation of money factor for the 550 when it first comes out? I generally lease my cars, so this will have a significant impact on my decision.

Please note, I do not need to restart the debate on 545 vs. 550; that is not an issue for me; I am more than happy with the 545. The issue for me is that I am a little upside down in my current lease, and I am not sure how big a hit I am willing to take. If I have to, I can wait until September or next April (though, of course I don't want to).

Thanks for the help.
[snapback]104295[/snapback]
Current lease rates are Money Factor of .0010 on the 2005 545I. This comes out to an interest rate of 2.4%. This is as good as it gets. High demand cars such as the 645 is seeing lease rates in the .0028-.0036. You will probably see the 550 around there, at least the 2006.

The rest is up to you.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:19 AM
Members

Originally Posted by LuvE60' date='Mar 20 2005, 11:35 PM
[quote name='fishskis' date='Mar 20 2005, 07:30 PM']I am planning on an ED for a 545 in early May. Due to a couple of factors, there is a slight chance that I may wait until fall or next spring to do my ED.

Thanks for the help.
Current lease rates are Money Factor of .0010 on the 2005 545I. This comes out to an interest rate of 2.4%. This is as good as it gets. High demand cars such as the 645 is seeing lease rates in the .0028-.0036. You will probably see the 550 around there, at least the 2006.

The rest is up to you.
[snapback]104396[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree with you. The current rates are so aggressive; great for buying now, not so great for waiting for the 550. I was thinking the rates would be around .0025 - .0030; though this is based on nothing other than a guess.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by LuvE60' date='Mar 21 2005, 12:35 AM
[quote name='fishskis' date='Mar 20 2005, 07:30 PM']I am planning on an ED for a 545 in early May. Due to a couple of factors, there is a slight chance that I may wait until fall or next spring to do my ED.

Thanks for the help.

The rest is up to you.
[/quote]

Is the 645 in high demand? I don't see a heck of a lot of them on the roads.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

Is the 645 in high demand?? I don't see a heck of a lot of them on the roads.
[snapback]104552[/snapback]
Our dealers here keep complaining they cannot get enough allocation of 6 Series, the waiting list is still very long here
Old 03-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

[/quote]

Is the 645 in high demand? I don't see a heck of a lot of them on the roads.
[snapback]104552[/snapback]
[/quote]

There are a ton of them in larger markets.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

Originally Posted by fishskis' date='Mar 20 2005, 08:30 PM
- I assume the money factors will be much higher than the current great deals. Any thoughts on what is a reasonable expectation of money factor for the 550 when it first comes out? I generally lease my cars, so this will have a significant impact on my decision............
1) Pricing will be available sometimes in September

2) The earliest ED pick-up date will be 3rd week of Oktober to early November.

3) I can't speculate the money factor, but it will be safe to assume it will be a market rate (instead of the current "subsidized rate"). So it will probably by .0025 (+.0003 for ED)or more.

You will NOT be able to touch the current rate.

Its your call chief! Good luck w/ whatever you choose to do.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:27 PM
Members

Originally Posted by beewang' date='Mar 21 2005, 03:37 PM
[quote name='fishskis' date='Mar 20 2005, 08:30 PM']...........
- I assume the money factors will be much higher than the current great deals. Any thoughts on what is a reasonable expectation of money factor for the 550 when it first comes out? I generally lease my cars, so this will have a significant impact on my decision............
1) Pricing will be available sometimes in September

2) The earliest ED pick-up date will be 3rd week of Oktober to early November.

3) I can't speculate the money factor, but it will be safe to assume it will be a market rate (instead of the current "subsidized rate"). So it will probably by .0025 (+.0003 for ED)or more.

You will NOT be able to touch the current rate.

Its your call chief! Good luck w/ whatever you choose to do.
[snapback]104751[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks Bee. Not a tough call. Off to Europe in about a month.

I just thought it would be easier to sell my beautiful M3 convertible privately, instead of having to trade it and take a bath. Maybe I'll just keep it for the next few months and sell it in June or July when my 545 comes back from Europe: prime convertible selling time.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:38 PM
Members

I am thinking of doing the same thing...waiting for a 550 ED. What can I expect my payment to be when the Money factor is .0025? Now a lease is about $800 a month nicely equipped for 3/15k. Will the monthly payment be $950 or higher with the higher money factor?

On a seperate note...my wife now wants a 4.8is instead of a 3.0 thanks to our SA. A$$h0le!
Old 03-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ktulu' date='Mar 21 2005, 07:38 PM
I am thinking of doing the same thing...waiting for a 550 ED. What can I expect my payment to be when the Money factor is .0025? Now a lease is about $800 a month nicely equipped for 3/15k. Will the monthly payment be $950 or higher with the higher money factor?

On a seperate note...my wife now wants a 4.8is instead of a 3.0 thanks to our SA. A$$h0le!
[snapback]104840[/snapback]
Yes, it would increase the payment by that magnitude, depending of course on MSRP and options chosen. Remember, there will also probably be a (modest?) price increase, and as a newer model, the price will probably be less negotiable, at least initially.

Check out this site, it is a great lease calculator:

www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm

Quick Reply: 550 Pricing and Ordering...