Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

This 550 Is Mine

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 10:41 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GREAT POST! CONGRATULATIONS!!! THIS MAKES MY EXCITEMENT EVEN HIGHER AND THE WAIT HARDER FOR MY 550 ARRIVAL IN MID NOVEMBER....
Old 10-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Contributors

Logic 7 ROCKS!

I hate the Accept screen chime when you start the car .... very annoying. Do we really need this?

SoCalRaven - the wait is a killer ... but its worth it.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 E92 335i M-Sport 6MT

I'm drooling just reading about your new ride! My 550i left Germany 3 days ago... 27 days till docking at Port Hueneme, 3-5 days on top of that for M-Aero kit install, then another 2-3 days for the drive to Northern CA for delivery. The wait... oh man.... the wait!
Old 10-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i, white/black manual, sports package, nav, PDC, etc.

Would you comment on two things:

The new steering wheel, is it any thicker?

Also, how is the steering feel with the new servotronic that comes in non-AS cars? Is the road feel just as good as the old non-servotronic cars?
Old 10-16-2005, 11:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mehall2' date='Oct 16 2005, 09:21 AM
[quote name='tachyon' date='Oct 16 2005, 09:07 AM'][quote name='amigo525' date='Oct 16 2005, 08:58 AM']Still wondering if i can see a picture of the engine.
[snapback]184880[/snapback]

Count 'em ... 360 ponies

Hey, this thing has a strut tower brace!
[snapback]184902[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for the Pics and congratulations. This makes me even more anxious about getting mine. Great Car!!!

Regards, Mike.
[snapback]184906[/snapback]
[/quote]

dont blame you! Nice engine...
Old 10-16-2005, 01:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Robert A' date='Oct 16 2005, 02:27 PM
Would you comment on two things:?

The new steering wheel, is it any thicker??

Also, how is the steering feel with the new servotronic that comes in non-AS cars?? Is the road feel just as good as the old non-servotronic cars?
[snapback]184979[/snapback]

I have the heated steering wheel, which I think is a bit thicker than standard, so it feels hefty enough. However, I'm coming off a 740 sport with the M sytle 3-spoke wheel, which is thicker and has the thumb thingie-bumps. I liked that steering wheel a lot and wish we could get one like that in the US for our E60s.

The steering feel in the new 550 sport (non-AS) feels fantastic. I have no experience to compare it with either the AS or the pre-servotronic 545s, but this car is by far the most repsonsive, effortless steering I've ever had in a BMW (this is my 6th BMW). As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I can see how AS would be a benefit to this car and may be worth paying extra for .... but it already feels really great without it.

Also, the turning radius in these cars is so tight I feel like I'm driving a Mini.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Members

My Ride: Current: 2006 550 - Sport & Cold Weather Packages, Premium Audio and Navigation, Monaco Blue and Biege Previous: 2001 330Ci - Sport & Premium Packages, Orient Blue and Biege
Originally Posted by tachyon' date='Oct 16 2005, 01:49 AM
Well, I finally picked it up today at 11 a.m. ? They had it parked right out in front of the dealership's entrance and it looked spectacular.? It took about 90 minutes to cover all the how-to's and what's-that, and then I was off on my own for the inaugural drive.

Oh ... Mein .... Gott.? This car leaves me speechless.? My jaw is sore from dropping so many times today.? This car can do ... whatever you want it to.?

The 550 is all about effortless power, and it seems endless too.

The new 550 engine makes three kinds of sounds and they all are delicious.? First, there is a respectable purr as you cruise along.? Then there is a very decent growl when you ask for more.? And finally, my favorite note is the Formula1-like scream when you ask for all-she's-got-Scotty.? The first note brings confidence, the second takes your breath away, and the third brings tears to your eyes. At this point you slow down because you are about to pass out from not breathing and you can't see anything either.

I just love everything about the way this car drives and handles.? The driving position is perfect; cornering is so tight you don't even think to slow down; it completely keeps it's balance at all times; and it goes like stink when you ask it to.

I-Drive is outstanding.? After spending 4 hours in the saddle today I can say that the Comfort Seats are the best seats ever.? The interior lighting is way cool.? The start / stop button is fine - even without Comfort Access.

I did not order Active Steering, but I can see how it would work well in this car.? It works great without it as it has the same great responsiveness as any great BMW.? But I would say now that AS may be worth the extra $$.

I can't wait to get back behind the wheel tomorrow.?
[snapback]184810[/snapback]
Congratulations !!!!!!

Love the pics

My 550 should be here any day now (it currently at the VPC in New York) so I am getting very anxious.

Couple of questions ...
1) Do you have any more insight on what might have held the car at the VPC?
2) Have you tried a MP3 CD in the Stereo, we know its not supposed to work, but I have seen some messages on other '06s that indicate it might?

Hoping to have my ride this week
Old 10-16-2005, 01:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

NICE Love the engine! Do report back when you finally break it in after 1200miles and scream it all the way to redline!
Old 10-16-2005, 06:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

Beautiful, love Black Congratulations and enjoy.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

Originally Posted by tachyon' date='Oct 15 2005, 10:49 PM
Well, I finally picked it up today at 11 a.m. ?? They had it parked right out in front of the dealership's entrance and it looked spectacular.? It took about 90 minutes to cover all the how-to's and what's-that, and then I was off on my own for the inaugural drive.

Oh ... Mein .... Gott.? This car leaves me speechless.? My jaw is sore from dropping so many times today.? This car can do ... whatever you want it to.?

The 550 is all about effortless power, and it seems endless too.

The new 550 engine makes three kinds of sounds and they all are delicious.? First, there is a respectable purr as you cruise along.? Then there is a very decent growl when you ask for more.? And finally, my favorite note is the Formula1-like scream when you ask for all-she's-got-Scotty.? The first note brings confidence, the second takes your breath away, and the third brings tears to your eyes. At this point you slow down because you are about to pass out from not breathing and you can't see anything either.

I just love everything about the way this car drives and handles.? The driving position is perfect; cornering is so tight you don't even think to slow down; it completely keeps it's balance at all times; and it goes like stink when you ask it to.

I-Drive is outstanding.? After spending 4 hours in the saddle today I can say that the Comfort Seats are the best seats ever.? The interior lighting is way cool.? The start / stop button is fine - even without Comfort Access.

I did not order Active Steering, but I can see how it would work well in this car.? It works great without it as it has the same great responsiveness as any great BMW.? But I would say now that AS may be worth the extra $$.

I can't wait to get back behind the wheel tomorrow.??
[snapback]184810[/snapback]

Quick Reply: This 550 Is Mine