Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

525d ordered

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 08:04 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Just ordered my first bmw. The 525 diesel with 18" wheels and some other small extras. Because i found one that is already built and in the country I should have it within 2 weeks. Provided there is no problems sending back my current Lexus IS200 sport to the lease company early.

Went for the 525d rather than the 530d for strictly financial reasons. I didnt get to test the 525d only the 530d. I was wondering if someone could give me some information on the driving difference between the two ? I understand all the stats for 0-60 etc, just wanted some real experience of driving one from someone, how it compares to 530d, whether its fast enough engine for the car, if its still more torquey than the petrol equivelent etc.

I cant find any road tests or reviews of the 525d, so any links to those would be useful as well.

Also, i got the bluetoothe phone preperation without really undestanding what it comprises of. Im assuming its just a bluetooth handsfree kit like any third party one ? Does the idrive system link up to the phonebook in the phone ?

Thanks in advance,

A very excited bmw owner to be.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:29 AM
Members

Hi there,

congratulations on your new car.
First of all, you don't have to worry about the power of the 525d, it's amazing!
I had a testdrive with a 530d and 525d and the difference is not that much.
Sure, you can feel a little bit more power and reserve when you drive the 530d but in my opinion the 525d fits perfectly in the new E60.
And when you look at the acceleration figures, then you see only a slight difference of 1sec!
So, when you can afford the 530d then go ahead, but I rather go for the 525d with a little bit more options.
You will see, it drives AMAZING
Old 05-11-2004, 09:31 AM
Contributors

the 525d lacks the midrange shove of the 530d but hey, it is still a superb engine and provides buckets of that "elastic" torque and power.

cruising on a motorway it gives very little away to the 3.0 but in my mind the 525d is a better and more useable powerplant than the 530i petrol.

there is always the economy as well

You will NOT be dissapointed.

bluetooth should work via idrive for you. I wanted it but it currently cannot be specified along with pro-navigation in the UK and I wanted the pro-nav more!

What is the colour/spec etc of your new baby.

DD
Old 05-11-2004, 09:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

Very cool. We know you're excited!

Please add the ordered specs to your signature. See the "My Controls" menu above.

Thanks
Old 05-11-2004, 10:02 AM
Members

Thanks for all the great respsonses, glad to hear it should be as nice as i am hoping

Spec is as follows :-
Ordered:525d SE, Titanium Silver , Black dakota leather, , automatic, hi-fi speaker package, 6 disc cd changer, Star spoke 123 18" wheels, sports steering wheel, Bluetooth phone preperation, sunroof, Sports Suspension, PDC. Should be here next 2 weeks

like i said, i wanted some other things as well, but had to choose one that was already here in the country and available. No way could i wait the months + waiting list, im far too impatient.

kinda wanted the 18" 124 wheels, but hey cant have everything i guess, maybe later.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:15 PM
Senior Members

Hey Smokin - I did exactly the same thing! I only test drove the 530d and ordered a 525d, partially because the taxes and insurance premium made a big difference and the 525d could be delivered 2 months earlier than a 530d.

At that time I was driving a 330Cic so I really was afraid about the performance of the engine, but when I took delivery of my 525d all doubts went away! This engine is really amazing for a 2.5 liter! And when comparing it to the 530d the difference is hardly noticeable, maybe if you want to fire away from a redlight you will feel the 3 liter pull a little harder but that's all. When I would of known this before I ordered my 525d I would never have considered getting the 3 liter! I guess that says enough!
Old 05-11-2004, 01:39 PM
Members

wow sounds excellent

All this talk of how amazing the car is, is making me way too excited, the next couple of weeks is going to be the slowest two weeks of my life.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:44 PM
Members

One thing i must say is, the service form the few BMW showrooms i went into was totally useless.

I visited 3 before anyone even spoke to me properly and was polite enough for me to want to buy a car from them. Im quite young so maybe they thought i was wasting there time or something. But one thing is for sure the arrogance of the sales staff at the first 3 places i went was abismal. I stood for over 30 minutes in each and on several occaions no one even came to talk to me about the car.

I hope the post sales relations is alot better.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:05 PM
Senior Members

I had the exact same problem too when I bought my first BMW a couple of years ago! I finally decided to try another dealer (Patrick Smets) and they were (and still are) really amazing when it comes to service! I recommended them to a lot of people (and friends) and all of them were really satisfied with the service they got which was like night and day with what they were used to!

If you're not satisfied with your dealer, try them, and you will see what I am talking about!
Old 05-11-2004, 08:27 PM
Members

Here is the torgue picture by model that I have put together:

525i - 175 ft-lbs, 237 Nm

525d - 295 ft-lbs, 400 Nm

530i - 214 ft-lbs, 290 Nm

530d - 369 ft-lbs, 500 Nm

545i - 325 ft-lbs, 440 Nm

The 525d is a great choice and should provide more than enough performance. Too bad we can't get them in the US. Mercedes is now selling the E320 CDI with a torgue rating of 368 ft-lbs, 499 Nm, so maybe BMW will take notice! Enjoy your new car!

Quick Reply: 525d ordered