Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

2007 Model Year E60 Coming in March?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 M5, Silver Grey, Silverstone Full Leather, Alumium trim, Active/Ventilated Comfort Seats, HUD, Comfort Access, Split Rear Seats, Rear Seat Heating, etc.

Originally Posted by 700700' post='227157' date='Jan 20 2006, 03:31 PM
sport package with comfort seats ? now that will be a bargain, pretty annoying how bmw bulgaria told me nothing about this
Yes, my dealer thought that was odd too. Did not mention price, though... so theoretically the sport package could go up in price to reflect the added features.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Senior Members

My dealer told me the same thing today. MY07 begins with March or April production. Remember, BMWNA does different things than the rest of the world. My guess is that the MY07 designation has more to do with US engine and emmission model year testing (like last year's "early" intorduction of the new 525 and 530).
Old 01-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 M5, Silver Grey, Silverstone Full Leather, Alumium trim, Active/Ventilated Comfort Seats, HUD, Comfort Access, Split Rear Seats, Rear Seat Heating, etc.

Originally Posted by hinckley' post='227163' date='Jan 20 2006, 03:43 PM
My dealer told me the same thing today. MY07 begins with March or April production. Remember, BMWNA does different things than the rest of the world. My guess is that the MY07 designation has more to do with US engine and emmission model year testing (like last year's "early" intorduction of the new 525 and 530).
Emissions testing... I'm trying to imagine how coming out with a new MY early would help with that... unless emissions standards are going up for all cars introduced after a certain point this year, and they want to rush out the 07s early before having to meet higher standards? I guess that would make sense, sort of.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jdubbs' post='227170
Emissions testing... I'm trying to imagine how coming out with a new MY early would help with that... unless emissions standards are going up for all cars introduced after a certain point this year, and they want to rush out the 07s early before having to meet higher standards? I guess that would make sense, sort of.
[/quote]

Not my point. If they're modifying the engine for California emissions standards, then they'll need to do a new set of Federal emissions testings. Rathing than going through the expense for a second time for MY06, they change the designation to MY07 and then don't have to do it again until MY08. Again, that's why last year's new 530 came out as a MY06 in March in the US even though the factory didn't modify anything other than the engine until September.

Of course, if no mod is necessary for California emissions, ignore everything I have to say.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:18 PM
Contributors

others are confirming information like jdubbs said ....

m5board
Old 01-20-2006, 10:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i, white/black manual, sports package, nav, PDC, etc.

So far, we know that they're adding Night Vision, a better steering wheel and comfort seats. Although welcome additions, it doesn't seem like quite enough reason to justify a new model year in itself.

All are options anyway. The only reason I can think of the model year change is to increase the lease residuals.

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='227247' date='Jan 20 2006, 08:18 PM
others are confirming information like jdubbs said ....

m5board
Old 01-21-2006, 06:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Robert A' post='227303' date='Jan 20 2006, 11:21 PM
So far, we know that they're adding Night Vision, a better steering wheel and comfort seats. Although welcome additions, it doesn't seem like quite enough reason to justify a new model year in itself.

All are options anyway. The only reason I can think of the model year change is to increase the lease residuals.
They actually just did this a few weeks ago... residual values went up by 2 or 3% I believe on the 550i. But that applies to current models.... can't see them increasing the residuals even further (70~73% residual on a 3 year lease already seems pretty high to me). (But, you know, I've been wrong before... see my post on the first page of this thread!)

There have been some mutterings of a standard AUX input in the center armrest as well as the very slight modifications to the bumpers and trunk lid (http://www.germancarfans.com/spyphot...id/6060116.002). Not sure if these are destined for Europe only, or for the 2008 model, or what, as my dealer has not confirmed either. But if they were part of the 2007 model, it might make it a more substantial upgrade.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:37 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Here's info that was posted on m5board.com:

The M5 will stay as an 06. All other 5 Series take change in March Production. The changes include:

Sport Packages: The Sport Steering Wheel from the 6 will be on the 5 Sport Package and Comfort Seats are Included in the Sport Package instead of Sport Seats. It does not say anything about replacing the Comfort Seats with Sport Seats at no additional charge.

Other Changes: Auxilary Input is now standard. Tire Pressure Monitor....The system constantly monitors tire pressures and displays a warning in the iDrive screen when a change in pressure is detected. Didnt it already do that???? HD Radio is now being offered as well as Night Vision.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Comfort Access, Xenon Headlights, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Steptronic Transmission. Silver Gray Metallic with Gray Leather. Added Red rear reflectors. Swapped stock Style 124 wheels and Bridgestone run-flat tires for BMW Style 125 5-Double Spoke wheels, 8" x 19" front, 9.5" x 19" rear with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires, 245/40YR-19 front and 275/30YR-19 rear.

Originally Posted by stream' post='227470' date='Jan 21 2006, 09:37 AM
Here's info that was posted on m5board.com:

The M5 will stay as an 06. All other 5 Series take change in March Production. The changes include:

Sport Packages: The Sport Steering Wheel from the 6 will be on the 5 Sport Package and Comfort Seats are Included in the Sport Package instead of Sport Seats. It does not say anything about replacing the Comfort Seats with Sport Seats at no additional charge.

Other Changes: Auxilary Input is now standard. Tire Pressure Monitor....The system constantly monitors tire pressures and displays a warning in the iDrive screen when a change in pressure is detected. Didnt it already do that???? HD Radio is now being offered as well as Night Vision.
Re: Tire Pressure Monitor - The current system is a Flat Tire Monitor. It does not monitor actual air pressure, but looks for a difference in wheel speed resulting from smaller rolling radius due to air pressure loss in a single tire. It will not detect equal air pressure loss in all four tires, as no differentia ll wheel speed will exist. Some cars have a constant display of individual tire pressures such that you can see the tires load up on one side as you take a hard corner.