Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

2007 E60 INCLUDES FOUR YEARS' BMW ASSIST SERVICES

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Available BMW Night Vision and HD Radio among enhancements for 2007
March 3, 2006 - Woodcliff Lake, NJ... When the 2007 BMW 5 Series arrives in showrooms this spring, it will include BMW AssistTM services for four years among its many enhancements. Features include TeleService which provides an automatic or driver triggered transfer of upcoming service needs between the BMW driver and the BMW center. The BMW center then calls the driver to schedule a convenient service appointment. Other BMW Assist features include automatic collision notification after a serious accident and stolen vehicle recovery services.

The inclusion of BMW Assist with TeleService for four full years comes in addition to Roadside Assistance, as well as Full Scheduled Maintenance for the warranty period of four years or 50,000 miles.

Enhancements to the sound system in the 2007 5 Series include the addition of an auxiliary input which will allow music from an iPod or other personal music player to be played through the car's audio system. HD Radio will also be available, offering CD-quality sound on FM stations that broadcast in HD format and FM-quality sound on AM stations that broadcast in HD.

The available Sport Package includes two significant upgrades - a new sport steering wheel and 20-way multi-contour front seats in place of the previous front sport seats.

The available BMW Night Vision system will enhance driving safety at night by making drivers aware of potential hazards, particularly people and animals, long before they can be seen. BMW Night Vision incorporates a thermal imaging camera covering a distance of up to nearly 1,000 feet in front of the car. The image in the navigation system monitor highlights objects as a function of the heat registered by the camera: the warmer an object, the brighter the image. This means that people (pedestrians at the side of the road) and animals (crossing the road, etc.) form the brightest spots in the display.

"The addition of BMW Assist with TeleService for four years on the 2007 5 Series demonstrates BMW's commitment to constantly strive to enhance the ownership experience," noted Tom Purves, Chairman and CEO of BMW of North America. "The availability of BMW Night Vision and HD Radio demonstrates our commitment to constantly strive to enhance the driving experience."
Old 03-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Seems that BMW has got thier reliability in order, or at least thier comfidence in it.

Congrats to all our fellow US '07 E60 owners,
in EU we still only have the 2 year garantee!
Old 03-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 520d M-sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Auburn Leather - Mem Seat - Cup Holders - Nav Pro - Light Pack - Dim/folding mirrors - Adv Airco - PDC - Aux/in - Non-smoke pack - De-badged - Delivery Mar 31, 2006

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='249776' date='Mar 4 2006, 01:57 PM
Seems that BMW has got thier reliability in order, or at least thier comfidence in it.

Congrats to all our fellow US '07 E60 owners,
in EU we still only have the 2 year garantee!
Well, I got 4 years of warranty on mine, ordered in Jan, delivery in 4th week of March , perhaps things are changing for the better here in Europe
Old 03-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Four years BMW assist service is good for BMW but bad for the new buyers.

I believe only a tiny percentage of owners are using the BMW assist, and very few owners renew their service after the 1 year free from BMW.

Now BMW give 4 years of free service, and I am sure it's reflect into the cost of the car. The new buyers have to stuck with the service they don't really need and get forced to pay for it... :thumbsdown:

But I really like the sports steering wheel. Wish they offered in 06.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Pricing on the cars will go up no matter what... its just what "extras" you'll get out of the pricing... I doubt BMW would have inclreased their pricing less if they decided not to tack on BMW ASSIST... The sports package alone would have warranted the extra cost...

YES YES I know they increased both the base price AND the sports package... I think they would have increased both pricing reguardless...
Old 03-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 520d M-sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Auburn Leather - Mem Seat - Cup Holders - Nav Pro - Light Pack - Dim/folding mirrors - Adv Airco - PDC - Aux/in - Non-smoke pack - De-badged - Delivery Mar 31, 2006

A clarification: the 4 year warranty I have is the extension of all what is included in the 2 year warranty to 4 years (labor & spare parts). In other words, I will drive 4 years trouble free (at least trouble free for my wallet ) and for that I dont mind if this was somehow reflected in the price. And by that time, the next E60 must be there, so time to change again.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i - ordered in January delivered April 21st! Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple.

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='249811' date='Mar 4 2006, 01:57 PM
Four years BMW assist service is good for BMW but bad for the new buyers.

I believe only a tiny percentage of owners are using the BMW assist, and very few owners renew their service after the 1 year free from BMW.

Now BMW give 4 years of free service, and I am sure it's reflect into the cost of the car. The new buyers have to stuck with the service they don't really need and get forced to pay for it... :thumbsdown:

But I really like the sports steering wheel. Wish they offered in 06.
I think I got a letter in the mail stating they extended my BMW assist for 3 years. I was really confused because a week before they asked for $100+ to renew? Did everyone get this letter?
Old 03-05-2006, 12:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Oaktree' post='249870' date='Mar 4 2006, 02:33 PM
I think I got a letter in the mail stating they extended my BMW assist for 3 years. I was really confused because a week before they asked for $100+ to renew? Did everyone get this letter?

NO WAY! They called me 4 times stating that I need to renew or else they'll cancel it! Can you read your letter again perhaps scan it? I want to call BMW Assist and give them a piece of my mind if they're extending it for some 2005 545s and not some...
Old 03-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by Oaktree' post='249870' date='Mar 4 2006, 02:33 PM
I just got that letter a few weeks ago too....and was a bit confused by it. Then, I read about the service being extended.......like most here, I NEVER considered renewing after the "free" period was over!
Old 03-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

"The addition of BMW Assist with TeleService for four years on the 2007 5 Series demonstrates BMW's commitment to constantly strive to enhance the ownership experience," noted Tom Purves, Chairman and CEO of BMW of North America.

Yeah, right Tom: While you're at it, maybe you can explain the 6 mos early depreciation hit the rest of us took while you were upgrading the radio...

Jeers,
Ray Hull

Quick Reply: 2007 E60 INCLUDES FOUR YEARS' BMW ASSIST SERVICES