Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

2005 Order

Old 09-30-2004, 08:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Sep 30 2004, 08:48 AM
Although I'd never say it's distracting, the HUD is something that you "notice" more when the car is new.

After a while, it simply becomes a place you glance at to get information you need.? It's never "in the way" and it never causes me problems.? I keep wishing that BMW will add some choices to the HUD because I love it so much.? Once you have it, you won't want to go back to a car without it!?
[snapback]39732[/snapback]

I wish I had known this when I deleted HUD. I chicken out after test driving with HUD. It made me want to look at it all the time, so I found it distracting.

It's like watching a movie with sub-title. Eventhough you understand what the movie says, but you'll always read that caption for some odd reason.

Now, I wish I had not deleted HUD.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:01 AM
Contributors

can a 545 be a 545 without a sport package?

and besides the extra hp what is a 530 vs 525 none with sportpackage? Will the different in driving be great or about the same?

<_<
Old 09-30-2004, 11:18 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by juan2mini' date='Sep 30 2004, 09:49 AM
rsbartley:
Welcome and congratulations on your new car - good choice. Sorry to hear you chickened out on the 6-speed manual, but I guess it is only available with the sports package. You are luck to be able to order exactly what you want in a car, enjoy.
[snapback]39748[/snapback]
MY2005 you can get 6-spd without Sports. That is why it is not a separate choice on www.bmwusa.com anymore. 6-spd is the standard tranny and Steptronic and SMG are no cost options. None require sports package.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Originally Posted by amigo525' date='Sep 30 2004, 11:01 AM
can a 545 be a 545 without a sport package?

and besides the extra hp what is a 530 vs 525 none with sportpackage? Will the different in driving be great or about the same?

<_<
[snapback]39773[/snapback]

It depends on what floats your boat. My wife would not give a damn whether or not the car had sport package. She would most definitely not have paid $3200 for it if the car was for her.

I on the other hand, consider the sport pack to be essential.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:59 PM
Contributors

Member545:
Thanks for the heads-up on the 6-speed manual for MY2005, I appreciate it. Good call by BMW to give an additional combo of tranny & sport package.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:16 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i Steptronic Comfort Nav Winter but no Sport for dec delivery

To Iceman-
Re Forum-I agree Forum is the best - however, there is a lot of venting from owners with problems, disappointments, etc.--AS WELL AS a lot of very enthusiastic owners. I've owned five bimmers-two five series that I had supercharged. I own an E46 that I am keeping because I like it...and to put your concerns about the complaints on the Forum to rest-I am buying again. Options are offered as options--and I have exercised mine.

To Juan2mini-
Thanks amigo-that's why I'm keeping the 323-manual.

To a few others-if the Sport Package had been offered as parts - I would have taken Seats, Lowering, Suspension. Active Stabil, Wheels--not keen on no chrome-and you can have the steering or it's my mistake, I understand it is active at low speeds and may have caused one member problems on NY expressway.

Re-heads up - Great toy - and I agree, sometimes your toys need toys.

So, now can we get on to the wheels:

#124 is an option-and goes with the public love of the Sport Package--1/2 in drop with springs would be easy.

7er optional 19's look appealing - any experience - any body?
Old 09-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

rsbartley, car sounds great. I too have a 545 without sport package and it is an impressive machine AS or not. Enjoy! One question. What was the bummer about Sirius? Don't like it or were you told that you could not order it w/ NAV? Just curious because the Sirius/NAV issue is supposed to be resolved for MY 2005 and I've seen others who have ordered.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:07 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i Steptronic Comfort Nav Winter but no Sport for dec delivery

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Sep 30 2004, 06:07 PM
rsbartley, car sounds great.? I too have a 545 without sport package and it is an impressive machine AS or not.? Enjoy!? One question.? What was the bummer about Sirius?? Don't like it or were you told that you could not order it w/ NAV?? Just curious because the Sirius/NAV issue is supposed to be resolved for MY 2005 and I've seen others who have ordered.
[snapback]39920[/snapback]
My kind of guy-

Here's is my take on Sirius:
Try to hear it first. Most places have simulators, the sirius.com does not play news-but an ad for news-duh? However, I actually heard one-not an ad for one.
1. The music is canned-that's ok most radio stations use the same-this has no commerials, a plus but the music is generic-I'd rather pop a cd in.
2. For trips, you can listen to your programs anywhere-the programs are fair-I travel and prefer a book on cd.
3. News-what I really wanted-the stations use the TV feed without pictures. CNBC plays music during commercial break, others play commericials. News quality is not how I would like it presented.

I added prep in case they improve, but I think the car will be traded before it happens.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:40 AM
Senior Members

I really don't know what is E60 without Active Steering. I was sold the moment I test drove it.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:19 PM
JDN
Contributors

Drove an X3.0 today. I will never be happy driving another car wo AS.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 Order