5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/)
-   -   07 550 Nasca Leather (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/07-550-nasca-leather-25382/)

msterzer 05-04-2006 04:53 AM

I have read where people have ordered nasca leather. I don't see it on the BMWUSA site. What do you get and is it available in the US?

SolarFactory 05-04-2006 05:02 AM

I believe it is a Priority 1 Option along with the ventilaed seats. For some reasons P1 options are not shown on bmwusa.com or in the brochure. Your dealer should be able to order it for you but I think you have to get that with the ventilated seat option as well.

jet190rs 05-04-2006 08:11 AM

anthracite headliner is also p1

kfarouki 05-04-2006 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by SolarFactory' post='277948' date='May 4 2006, 06:02 AM
I believe it is a Priority 1 Option along with the ventilaed seats. For some reasons P1 options are not shown on bmwusa.com or in the brochure. Your dealer should be able to order it for you but I think you have to get that with the ventilated seat option as well.

There are 3 priority 1 options currently available for the e60: anthracite headliner (black headliner); nasca leather; and ventilated seats.

All 3 of these are independent options; except, if you get the ventilated seats you also have to get the nasca leather. To be clear, the opposite is not true, you can get nasca leather and not get the ventilated seats.

You can see these options and their codes in this document: link

I really wanted the ventilated seats and nearly got them -- in the end it seemed to be a P.I.T.A. Why? Once you get the ventilated seats you run into problems also getting the cold weather package...

ImolaRedM 05-05-2006 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by kfarouki' post='278166' date='May 4 2006, 06:32 PM
You can see these options and their codes in this document: link
I really wanted the ventilated seats and nearly got them -- in the end it seemed to be a P.I.T.A. Why? Once you get the ventilated seats you run into problems also getting the cold weather package...

There is no problems getting ventilated seats AND the cold weather package. And it's an awesome combo. Very much worth it if you live in a hot or hot and humid area. When you order the CWP and Ventilated seats the line with heated seats gets substituted with vent seats in the section of CWP but I can confirm that you get both.

ledbettm 05-05-2006 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='278380' date='May 5 2006, 06:35 AM
There is no problems getting ventilated seats AND the cold weather package. And it's an awesome combo. Very much worth it if you live in a hot or hot and humid area. When you order the CWP and Ventilated seats the line with heated seats gets substituted with vent seats in the section of CWP but I can confirm that you get both.

Me too. I ordered vent seats and CWP. It worked and my car will be in my hands next week. ImolaDredM...did you get your car yet? If so what do you think about the vent seats and the quality of the leather?

ImolaRedM 05-05-2006 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by ledbettm' post='278408' date='May 5 2006, 10:10 AM
Me too. I ordered vent seats and CWP. It worked and my car will be in my hands next week. ImolaDredM...did you get your car yet? If so what do you think about the vent seats and the quality of the leather?

Picked up the car on Wed. I haven't had a chance to take pictures yet and with the pollen and rain it's looking bad so I'll have to clean it up.

The seats are great. If you want to get an idea of the seats just look at the 7 series with ventilated seats. It's the same. The leather is good. I was a little worried about it at first but I have no complaints about it now. The ventilated option has already come in handy since we had a wet day with temps in the mid 80's. It's an option that I can see myself getting again unlike the HD Radio. So far I'm very happy.

ledbettm 05-05-2006 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='278418' date='May 5 2006, 08:18 AM
Picked up the car on Wed. I haven't had a chance to take pictures yet and with the pollen and rain it's looking bad so I'll have to clean it up.

The seats are great. If you want to get an idea of the seats just look at the 7 series with ventilated seats. It's the same. The leather is good. I was a little worried about it at first but I have no complaints about it now. The ventilated option has already come in handy since we had a wet day with temps in the mid 80's. It's an option that I can see myself getting again unlike the HD Radio. So far I'm very happy.

Pictures would be great. I was a little worried about the leather and the black headliner. I was afraid the car would look small or appear dark inside.

ImolaRedM 05-05-2006 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by ledbettm' post='278426' date='May 5 2006, 10:35 AM
Pictures would be great. I was a little worried about the leather and the black headliner. I was afraid the car would look small or appear dark inside.

Nope... I think you'll like it. the black headliner gives the car a different feel but I like it MUCH better than my black/grey E39.

I'll try and take interior pics this afternoon if I can get home while there is still light out.

AP Sales 05-05-2006 07:17 AM

What are the retail prices for the P1 options? Thanks