Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

It's here, finally! worth the wait. Opinions inside--->

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 05:55 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I've updated my sig from ON ORDER to HERE! I received my 2007 550i Sapphire on Black with those very expensive seats. Having had 2 previous E60's, and 4 or 5 E39's, here's my take on this one. I only have it a day and a half, so more to come.

I ordered this car WITHOUT active steering. I like it! there is more feel to the road for sure. Yes, you have to turn the wheel a bit more in a parking lot, or on cornering, but isn't that what makes the BMW drive so special? It feels much closer to the old E39 sport package. I feel like I'm home again, so to speak.

The steering wheel thickness is much improved. smaller all around diameter, in my opinion, and much more sporty! I did NOT get CWP, and my steering wheel has no multi color stitching.

Seats.. I got the NASCA Leather with Ventilation option. about $2800. Here's what I got for nearly $3000. Really Nice seats. BUT.. yes, there is a but, I probably would have saved the money, and taken regular comfort seats (now included in sports pkg), and the cold weather package (yes, we need that badly here in S. Fla! LOL!). The cooling function I can't seem to feel yet. the heated seats work great, but the cooling doesn't. yet! maybe it's not hot enough outside.the leather, in my opinion, is nice, but nothing special over the standard comfort seats. Save your money on this one.

Comfort Access - really neat. impressive. I recommend it. so far, it works like a charm. The finger on the door handle is cool. It's gonna take me a couple weeks to get comfortable with it, and remembering to leave the key in my pocket! LOL.

I opted this time to only get the premium sound on the radio, no CD changer. I save about $600, but with the Aux input and my Ipod, I'd have ALOT more than 6 discs. never really used the changer. personal preference.

the 550 engine vs. the 545.... so far, it feels very very smooth. a little more get up and go from the line. (I am talking regular driving, not punching it)..

the braking feels a little smoother too, as if the car has more control while you are braking. I am referring to the pressure of the brakes. Perhaps this is the comfort stop thing. the grip just seems to be more even until you come to a stop. maybe just my perception at this point.

My car came with the Bridgestones, the 050's...they are fine, I had them on the 545..

If there is anything specific you want to know about, let me know.

Oh yeah, the NEW tire pressure monitor - nothing special here people. it now shows an overhead layout of the car, and if the tires are fine, green tires. there is NO PSI readouts displayed... much to my dissapointment.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Congrats for your new 550iA!

Are your tyres RF or not?

Please post pics!
Old 04-22-2006, 06:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545iA - Built date 09/03, Sport Package, Alpine White III, Grey Interior, Cold Weather Package, PDC, Rear Electric Sunshades, Comfort Seats, Logic 7, Chromed BMW Style 124 18x8, 18x9 Wheels, M-Tech Aero Kit, Rear Trunk Decklid Spoiler, Tinted Windows, Valentine One Modifications: RDSport Quad Exhaust, 20x8.5 and 20x11 HRE 943R, Vorsteiner CF Decklid, Dinan CAI

Originally Posted by wassy' post='272615' date='Apr 22 2006, 08:55 AM
Well, I've updated my sig from ON ORDER to HERE! I received my 2007 550i Sapphire on Black with those very expensive seats. Having had 2 previous E60's, and 4 or 5 E39's, here's my take on this one. I only have it a day and a half, so more to come.

I ordered this car WITHOUT active steering. I like it! there is more feel to the road for sure. Yes, you have to turn the wheel a bit more in a parking lot, or on cornering, but isn't that what makes the BMW drive so special? It feels much closer to the old E39 sport package. I feel like I'm home again, so to speak.

The steering wheel thickness is much improved. smaller all around diameter, in my opinion, and much more sporty! I did NOT get CWP, and my steering wheel has no multi color stitching.

Seats.. I got the NASCA Leather with Ventilation option. about $2800. Here's what I got for nearly $3000. Really Nice seats. BUT.. yes, there is a but, I probably would have saved the money, and taken regular comfort seats (now included in sports pkg), and the cold weather package (yes, we need that badly here in S. Fla! LOL!). The cooling function I can't seem to feel yet. the heated seats work great, but the cooling doesn't. yet! maybe it's not hot enough outside.the leather, in my opinion, is nice, but nothing special over the standard comfort seats. Save your money on this one.

Comfort Access - really neat. impressive. I recommend it. so far, it works like a charm. The finger on the door handle is cool. It's gonna take me a couple weeks to get comfortable with it, and remembering to leave the key in my pocket! LOL.

I opted this time to only get the premium sound on the radio, no CD changer. I save about $600, but with the Aux input and my Ipod, I'd have ALOT more than 6 discs. never really used the changer. personal preference.

the 550 engine vs. the 545.... so far, it feels very very smooth. a little more get up and go from the line. (I am talking regular driving, not punching it)..

the braking feels a little smoother too, as if the car has more control while you are braking. I am referring to the pressure of the brakes. Perhaps this is the comfort stop thing. the grip just seems to be more even until you come to a stop. maybe just my perception at this point.

My car came with the Bridgestones, the 050's...they are fine, I had them on the 545..

If there is anything specific you want to know about, let me know.

Oh yeah, the NEW tire pressure monitor - nothing special here people. it now shows an overhead layout of the car, and if the tires are fine, green tires. there is NO PSI readouts displayed... much to my dissapointment.
Thanks for the post and congratulation! Definitely post some pics! So do you think it is worth upgrading from 545iA to them 550i? Which would you say handled better?
Old 04-22-2006, 07:22 AM
Contributors

the 550 handles better, but maybe because I don't have Active Steering. the tires are Runflats.

One thing I noticed this morning, is a rough idle when i first start the car, cold or warm. takes a good 20 seconds to smooth out. this can't be normal.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:23 AM
Members

Since he got the sports package, the Bridgestones should be RFTs. I test drove an 07 with the same tires too and they were fine.

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='272628' date='Apr 22 2006, 09:19 AM
Congrats for your new 550iA!

Are your tyres RF or not?

Please post pics!
Old 04-22-2006, 07:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Hey Wassy, Congrats...I think you might be the first 07 550 owner on this board?? You are the second person now that has gotten Comfort Access and loved it......good for you, bad for me as I opted NOT to get it......oh well...maybe my next one??

Have fun breaking her in, and keep those opinions coming
Old 04-22-2006, 07:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Congrats!!! Plz post pics!
Old 04-22-2006, 08:07 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, Wassy!
Old 04-22-2006, 09:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Currently: (3/1/06) 2002 530i black on black prem, sport, cold, xenon.

You are killing me, but congrats - what date did you order your 550? mine has not arrived yet....
Old 04-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by wmbiii' post='272703' date='Apr 22 2006, 10:08 AM
You are killing me, but congrats - what date did you order your 550? mine has not arrived yet....
Hey......at least you know where you car is, and that delivery is coming soon....I have no idea where my ship is!! She sailed the 27th of March for the west coast, but is apparently on one of the phantom ships that cannot be tracked, and none of the ports here on the west coast have any info on her eta/etd

Makes me wonder if my car is anywhere near the Pacific Ocean yet!! Oh well.....the anticipation only makes the ultimate arrival that much greater!!

Quick Reply: It's here, finally! worth the wait. Opinions inside--->