Complete Car Sales If you are selling your entire car or looking buy a car please check here!

Moving on from an E60 - what next

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 10:47 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006
Default Moving on from an E60 - what next

So next Jan my beloved E60 will have been with me for 10 years. It's only done 35K in all this time, but we may be thinking of getting something else.

I hope whoever buys this off me is able to appreciate the time and energy I have put into the car.

The kids are now grown up, so not buggies. The wife is the only driver and has always found the 5 too big.

Things were a lot more simple when I bought the E60, now there is a 1-7 series. And I guess 5-7 is out for me, based on size and price.

But what would people get today?

P.S. : If you know anyone who appreciates a well kept car, with a ton of extras, put them in touch with me. I'm not desperate to sell, and if someone values my car based on the month and year it was made in, I will pass!
Old 06-11-2015, 07:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i

Hi Bruce,

Whoever gets your car is lucky! I've followed your various mods over the years and they inspired me to do several on my E60 as well, including the LCI tail light retrofit, LM2 upgrade, and subwoofer amp.

The "Bruce cables" v6.0 I bought from you 2 years ago are still working well.

As for your next car, how about the following options:

- 3 series (if you want 4 doors)
- 4 series or Audi A5 (if you don't)

Best Regards,
cinergi
Old 06-11-2015, 07:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Maybe I should start making a list of all the changes I've made to the car. Of course whoever buys it can put everything back the way BMW made it, because not a single wire has been cut and everything is plug and play.

Anyway, back to the question.

I guess the 4 series grand coupe may be an option. We still need the 4 doors. But none of the new breed seems to get me excited, looks wise. They all look like the same sausage, just different sizes.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:51 AM
New Members

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi
Model Year: 2008
Engine: n54

I really suppose it's a question of what you like.. and since you're in the UK.. what's available based upon your price/tax.

In the states you can get loads of different cars around the 40-50K that are mild to wild. Actually even in Canada I feel the prices are about 4-6K higher.. sometimes less. But in the UK I have no clue!

IF you're looking to stay BMW.. then your next question is how small of a car do you want.. and what "technology/luxury" things do you want to sacrifice? I found that shopping for my father in Canada he likes the smaller size, and so when you want shorter smaller, you're looking at the 1,2 series.. even the 3 series is much larger! Heck, I was shopping for an X1 for my father, because the X3 is actually 9 inches longer! 3 series not so small anymore. BUT.. he missed a lot of the creature comforts of the fit, finish, leather feel even. Power tailgate, blind spot detection. Yeah.. they get all stripped down to go to a smaller, cheaper series.

The E60 is loaded to the teeth with everything.. so go for a spin and see what you like. the 435GC is really really nice, my brother got one and it is great. It's definitely on the sportier side of a 5 series.

Audi's in my opinion have the nicer fit and finish in the inside.. but the handling and power delivery is still not there (side by side comparison).

And I could go on about other brands... So.. what is it that you're really looking for?
Old 06-11-2015, 08:00 AM
New Members

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi
Engine: n54

Whoops, looks like you posted while I was replying.

There is a ton of threads on "another forum" that is all about the 4 series GC options and prices. We were poaching all of them making the decision for my brother. I think it looks great, the back trunk is very useful, and it doesn't look hideous like the GT. Lots of M sport add ons make it look great. I am not sure if they have a diesel version though.. if you're looking for one
Old 06-12-2015, 04:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Car

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
Maybe I should start making a list of all the changes I've made to the car. Of course whoever buys it can put everything back the way BMW made it, because not a single wire has been cut and everything is plug and play.

Anyway, back to the question.

I guess the 4 series grand coupe may be an option. We still need the 4 doors. But none of the new breed seems to get me excited, looks wise. They all look like the same sausage, just different sizes.
Just traded in my e60 last week for an f06 6-series Gran Coupe. Its the only car I felt was not in line with the sausage reference Even though it starts out on a 5-series chassis it feels and looks like a whole different car. I went CPO since it saved me $35k+ compared to the original price when new. Is a CPO an option for you?
Old 06-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 535

Originally Posted by corey
Just traded in my e60 last week for an f06 6-series Gran Coupe. Its the only car I felt was not in line with the sausage reference Even though it starts out on a 5-series chassis it feels and looks like a whole different car. I went CPO since it saved me $35k+ compared to the original price when new. Is a CPO an option for you?
u have any parts off your old 5 series you want to sell? KW v3?
Old 06-13-2015, 10:23 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

If you wan to stay German, I totally understand, but there are some great Japanese options such as the Infiniti Q50.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535i 6-speed

Originally Posted by wtlb
If you wan to stay German, I totally understand, but there are some great Japanese options such as the Infiniti Q50.
I'm sure the Infiniti is a nice car...but their exhaust sounds are absolutely horrible...I would never own one for that alone.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:58 AM
Contributors

I guess the fact that I will never drive again has finally sunk it. So my car is up for grabs.

www.brucemiranda.com

Quick Reply: Moving on from an E60 - what next