Complete Car Sales If you are selling your entire car or looking buy a car please check here!

LEASE TAKEOVER: 2008 BMW Dinan M5

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009 | 12:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 E92 335i M-Sport 6MT

I never thought I'd see this day, but with the economy being the way it is with no sign of recovery yet in sight, it's time to let the M5 go. She's been flawless since Day 1 and I'll truly miss the driving experience, but I need to focus on rebuilding my financial portfolio and this car isn't helping me achieve my goals. I'm not looking to step into a another vehicle because that job will go to my trusty 16-year old Accord and my Gixxer speedbike. I'm trying to relocate in the next year (or sooner) and my focus now is to save as much $$$ as possible to buy a house. Hopefully someone will want to step into my Indy Red baby. Like all my cars, this M5's been pampered 100% (vacuumed every other day and waxed once a month with an orbital) and given the occasional spirited run through the twisties. Once the smoke clears and I'm settled, hopefully I'll sit behind the wheel of another BMW that doesn't visit Chevron every 2-3 days. Since this forum has been a great place to speak to other car enthusiasts, some of which I've personally met and have gone on drives with, I felt this place is the best area to post my intent to sell. I'd rather have this car go to a real enthusiast rather than a stranger.

http://www.leasetrader.com/2008_BMW_M5__152512.xhtml

My 08 M5 has nothing but Dinan accessories as shown on my sig below. The boys at Stevens Creek BMW in Santa Clara, CA have been most gracious to allow Dinan mods as part of the leasing deal. So there are no worries as to leasing this Dinan-accessorized M5 as Stevens Creek BMW is an authorized Dinan dealership where Steve Dinan purchases his cars. (Sorry guys, no V-10 stroker on this badboy!) The OEM exhaust and OEM suspension will be given to the new lessee upon lease assumption. The M5 wheels/tires were NOT included in the deal because they were placed on my old 06 550i as part of the trade-in deal. Please feel free to spread the word to anyone you may know who would be interested in my M5. And thanks for all the great memories and comraderie over the past several years.

All the best,
Roleez (Roel)
Old 07-12-2009 | 05:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Sorry to hear you have to let the beast go....best of luck with the sale and everything else.
Old 07-12-2009 | 08:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Your car is beautiful. I am so sorry that the economy has affected you. I hope that you find someone to assume this lease ASAP.

Your lease deal is excellent -- good price for a M5, a lot of miles and Dinan mods in the price.

The person who assumes the lease will have to buy 166s for the lease turn in I assume.

I am thinking about assuming a M5 lease. But I'd need someone to assume my 550's lease (and convince the wife to fork over the extra $$$). My ideal situation is a M5 leasee who decides that they want to get back In a 550. I'm happy with my 550 so for me, it's probably more of a pipe dream.

As for you, I really hope that things economically turn around for you ASAP. Lots of good people have been hurt by our crappy economy.
Old 07-12-2009 | 09:19 PM
Senior Members

DrLev99 / sdg1871,

Thanks for the kind words!

Roleez
Old 07-12-2009 | 09:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Titanium Gray 550i, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Shadowline trim, Parking Distance Conrol, Xenon, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Satellite

Originally Posted by Roleez' post='940214' date='Jul 12 2009, 04:47 PM
I never thought I'd see this day, but with the economy being the way it is with no sign of recovery yet in sight, it's time to let the M5 go. She's been flawless since Day 1 and I'll truly miss the driving experience, but I need to focus on rebuilding my financial portfolio and this car isn't helping me achieve my goals. I'm not looking to step into a another vehicle because that job will go to my trusty 16-year old Accord and my Gixxer speedbike. I'm trying to relocate in the next year (or sooner) and my focus now is to save as much $$$ as possible to buy a house. Hopefully someone will want to step into my Indy Red baby. Like all my cars, this M5's been pampered 100% (vacuumed every other day and waxed once a month with an orbital) and given the occasional spirited run through the twisties. Once the smoke clears and I'm settled, hopefully I'll sit behind the wheel of another BMW that doesn't visit Chevron every 2-3 days. Since this forum has been a great place to speak to other car enthusiasts, some of which I've personally met and have gone on drives with, I felt this place is the best area to post my intent to sell. I'd rather have this car go to a real enthusiast rather than a stranger.

http://www.leasetrader.com/2008_BMW_M5__152512.xhtml

My 08 M5 has nothing but Dinan accessories as shown on my sig below. The boys at Stevens Creek BMW in Santa Clara, CA have been most gracious to allow Dinan mods as part of the leasing deal. So there are no worries as to leasing this Dinan-accessorized M5 as Stevens Creek BMW is an authorized Dinan dealership where Steve Dinan purchases his cars. (Sorry guys, no V-10 stroker on this badboy!) The OEM exhaust and OEM suspension will be given to the new lessee upon lease assumption. The M5 wheels/tires were NOT included in the deal because they were placed on my old 06 550i as part of the trade-in deal. Please feel free to spread the word to anyone you may know who would be interested in my M5. And thanks for all the great memories and comraderie over the past several years.

All the best,
Roleez (Roel)
Best of luck to you, Roel! We hope to see you back soon Again, good luck on your endeavors!
Old 07-13-2009 | 12:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

What a great looking car, good luck with the lease takeover!
Old 07-13-2009 | 06:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Sad day.....

I'll keep an ear out for anyone looking for an M5 for you Roel. You know you're still welcomed to our meets even if you're taking the Accord or bike.
Old 07-13-2009 | 10:58 PM
Senior Members

Frank5er / flyingpuck, I appreciate the well wishes! Tony, endless thanks for your support and for spreading the word! Haha, my 92 Accord would NOT fit in amongst all those German cars; I'd get laughed out of the parking lot the moment I drive up! (The bike on the other hand is a definite no ... 145 pounds of rider + 400 pounds of speedbike surrounded by a bunch of 4000-lb speeding German tanks is a recipe for a future hospital visit).
Old 07-14-2009 | 06:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

It truly is a nice ride. Sorry that you have to let it go so soon. GL with the lease trade.
Old 07-14-2009 | 06:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Damn, you live REAL close to my Aunt (she lives in Carmel-By-The-Sea), if only she liked German cars.

Quick Reply: LEASE TAKEOVER: 2008 BMW Dinan M5