Complete Car Sales If you are selling your entire car or looking buy a car please check here!

FS: CO - 2006 530xi E61 Wagon 97,XXX

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 11:39 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW M2C / E61 Wagon
Default FS: CO - 2006 530xi E61 Wagon 97,XXX

2006 BMW 530xi E61 Wagon

I have a 2006 BMW 530xi E61 Wagon (Estate) for sale. It has 97,XXX miles on the clock, clean title in hand , and automatic transmission. I believe I am 3rd owner, the body is in overall very good shape for a 13 year old car.

Body: the car is painted in silver gray metallic (A08). It has minor scratches and very small dings but nothing major at all. It still has the clear bra on the front, it was reapplied onto the car in 2011 when the car was sold certified pre-owned.

Mechanical: The car has no check engine lights and is in great running condition. It has the N52 straight six engine. This year alone I have done a ton of mechanical work to the car. I replaced all 6 spark plugs with new NGK plugs. I also replaced several of the Bosch ignition coils. These cars are notorious for oil leaks, I replaced the oil cooler gasket and the oil filter housing gasket. I recently performed an oil change with euro spec 0w-40 synthetic oil. I also did a coolant flush (OEM BMW Coolant - not the green cheap stuff). I also pulled the VANOS solenoids and mass air flow sensors to clean them this year. The water pump was replaced at 65k, a very common issue on these cars. The previous owner had the front control arms replaced and the rear level sensor replaced around 65k miles as well. The PCV heater was also replaced a few weeks ago under warranty at the BMW dealership. It runs strong.

Electrical: Anyone that knows these cars knows they have electrical issues. It has a new battery installed with OEM specs. I also replaced all the wiring within the tailgate. It is very common for the wires to get broken within the tailgate and then you see electrical issues in the back of the car. Everything single electrical thing in the car works! Which is very rare for an E61 wagon. One minor issue is when you turn the car on it says the rear right backup light is out. I wired it to the left backup light so it works, however the car thinks it is out due to conductivity. I have installed new MDM modules and HKL modules. The electric tailgate goes up and down and works as it should. I recently replaced the Hydraulic pump fluid in the back of the car as well. The car has a huge Panaromic sunroof that works fine.

Other: I recently replaced the front hood struts as they were failing. When I did the coolant flush, I replaced the coolant temp sensor o-rings because I discovered a small leak. I did some other minor maintenance like grease the door gaskets to prevent them from getting cracked and broken.

The car has two keys, both keys work however only one works remotely. I believe they charge themselves while they are in the ignition but I typically only use one. The car has good tires on it, Pilot Sport AS/3 All Season. The car also has an IPod adapter which works (I use it all the time, you have to have an older iPod though) Also all the Bluetooth phone functions work as well as the steering wheel controls. It has a cargo cover with dividing net installed.

When I describe this car to people I say it is like driving a comfortable leather couch. It has heated leather seats and a steering wheel.

Bad: Previous owner must has left a crayon or something waxy in the driver door pocket and it melted. I was able to remove most of it but you can still see some orange in there. It’s not very noticeable but felt obligated to mention.

One of the rear seatbelt covers is broken. (Seatbelt works fine, just a minor cosmetic thing)

Already mentioned the issue regarding the rear reverse light (it works, car just doesn’t think it is)

Minor curb rash and buildup on the wheels. They aren’t bad but nowhere near perfect.

Looking for $4750. I will not negotiate price via text, email, or phone unless you are willing to send a deposit. I’d prefer to meet in person and discuss any offers that way and will accept cash. I am open to reasonable offers and potentially trades. (I think it is very unlikely I will do a trade unless it is something unique and has character). I will leave the car on the forums for a few days before posting on Facebook or Craigslist. I am not very active on this forum but post a lot on the M2 forums.

Old 05-30-2019, 05:33 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW M2C / E61 Wagon

Sold, please remove.