Complete Car Sales If you are selling your entire car or looking buy a car please check here!

FS: 2008 528i 6M

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2023, 08:56 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 08' 528i Gray/Black, 6M, Sport pkg, convenience, comfort seats, cold weather '08 528i Barberra Red /Cream Beige - spt pkg, Logic 7
Default FS: 2008 528i 6M

For Sale - excellent condition 528i with 6 speed manual, and (I believe) every option available (except Nav) in the 2008 MY. I have owned this vehicle for ~3 years . . . purchased with ~ 74K miles (8/2020) to be used as a daily computer - but retired early in 2021 -hence the lower mileage last 3 years. Current mileage is 86,XXX. Car originally from Cal as a BMW exec car (hence the full options) and then owned 2009-2020 by PO who clearly took very good care of this vehicle and traded in to a Nissan Dealer in TX. I was lucky to find this the day the dealer put it up for sale in 2020. Selling due to EV purchase and subsequent need for garage space (and fewer vehicles !). Options include:
  • Sport Package (suspension + comfort seats)
  • Cold Weather Pkg (heated steering wheel + seats front + rear)
  • Comfort Access
  • Active Steering
  • Logic 7 sound w/ ability to stream from phone (plug in)
  • Split foldable rear seat (very unusual)
  • Power rear and manual rear side door sunshades
The GOOD:
  • Excellent exterior and interior condition
  • Runs perfectly - everything works properly - no excuses
  • Cleanest/clearest headlights I have seen for this age / mileage
  • Always Garaged
  • Valve Cover Gasket + Valve Cover replaced @ 84K
    (12/21)
  • Short (M Sport) shift knob makes shift throw length perfect

The Bad
  • Only some of PO receipts - only one shop shared receipts with me after purchase
  • normal wear and tear re hood stone chips (see photos)
  • right rear bumper shows compression marks (see photos)
  • Insurance claim for scratches incurred by flying debris (neighbors siding) resulted in repainting of passenger side doors and rear quarter to A pillar. Outstanding paint match (see photos)
  • "Windsail" brand tires - had been provided by Dealership prior to my purchase. I typically use Michelin or Conti - but since these were brand new I decided to use them until they were ready to replace. They are actually OK with the exception of being prone to temporary flat spotting in cold weather (works out after 5 min of driving)
  • Oil filter housing weeping - could use new gasket(s)
  • Rear brakes are at < 3mm and will need replacing soon
  • I assume the water pump/thermostat has not been replaced. No signs of any issues, but typically they fail between 75K-110K miles
Asking $12K (yes, well over Kelly B due to low mileage, rarity of the combo of 6M and being fully optioned. I can send VIN if you email a request to me at douglas.smith.mail@gmail.com. No dealers please. Trying to avoid the hassle of doing BAT if possible. If I can only get $7K-$8K for this car I will sell it to a family member (several are interested !).

Pictures original format was HEIF (from iPhone) - super high res and super large file size. Tried to zip but still way too large for uploading. I can email original photos via multiple emails to interested parties. Car is located in Pittsburgh PA.

Doug
Pittsburgh, PA.