5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Complete Car Sales (https://5series.net/forums/complete-car-sales-35/)
-   -   2010 BMW 535i xdrive - MANUAL (E60 with N54 engine) (https://5series.net/forums/complete-car-sales-35/2010-bmw-535i-xdrive-manual-e60-n54-engine-147346/)

skrelnik 07-10-2017 07:27 AM

2010 BMW 535i xdrive - MANUAL (E60 with N54 engine)

Up for sale is my 2010 BMW 535i xdrive - with a 6 speed manual transmission. I have been a forum member here for almost three years and this site was really helpful. We have decided to sell the car because we brought it into the BMW dealership for an oil change and when we left the engine seized on us. Originally we were told nothing would be done to help us and the repair estimate was close to $25,000. So instead of spending that on a repair we purchased a new car. After we purchased the new car BMW North America called us to let us know they would give us a new engine on them, and it would come with a 2 year warranty. So the car has 85k miles on the chassis with a new engine.

I have all maintenance and repair receipts since we purchased this in June 2014. If any one has any questions just let me know. The car is for sale on Autotrader and here is the link. Thanks for looking!

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...elCode1=535IXD

skrelnik 07-13-2017 05:06 PM

Sale pending

Sherwood507 07-18-2017 06:32 PM

Traveled 6.5 hours to purchase this car today. The car smelled of smoke on the inside. No question it is smoked in. Buyer beware, this was not disclosed before making the trip. I was forced to drive 6.5 hours home empty handed.

skrelnik 07-19-2017 10:08 AM

You weren't forced to drive 6.5 hours home empty handed, you failed to ask a question on a topic that was apparently a "deal breaker" for you, you decided not to buy the car which is fine, but no one "forced" you to do anything.

Every question about the car was fully answered and I fully disclosed everything. An Excel spreadsheet was provided with every maintenance/repair record, including the shop that did the repair, miles on the car and date of service.

The Buyer asked a lot of questions about the vehicle and history, including calling the BMW dealership to confirm the engine work and warranty. Buyer test drove the car and it drove flawlessly. Exterior is clean, interior clean. Buyer did not ask one question about if anyone ever smoked in the car, I would have honestly answered it as I did every other question he asked.

For the record I do not smoke, but my brother in law has smoked in the car and my wife is an occasional smoker. I personally do not notice any odor present.

I drove an hour to meet this Buyer, my wife and I both took a day off of work and paid a babysitter. If I was as shady as this Buyer is making me out to be, then why did I stick around an extra 15 minutes and return the iPhone that was left in my car? Personally, I think the Buyer didn't want to spend the money and is using this as an excuse, as he was trying to play off that forum members overstate the value of a manual transmission and that dealers do not keep manual transmission cars on their lots because nobody buys them.

Anyways, the car is still for sale. If it doesn't sell in the next week I intend to restore the audio system back to stock and drop the price.

Sherwood507 07-20-2017 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by skrelnik (Post 1590455)
you failed to ask a question on a topic that was apparently a "deal breaker" for you

Buyer did not ask one question about if anyone ever smoked in the car, I would have honestly answered it as I did every other question he asked.

These sentences say everything. This is passive deception. You knew it smelled like smoke and neglected to mention it when you were asked about the condition of the car and if there was anything note worthy on the inside/outside.

There was also a dent in the driver's door, which is normal for a car of that mileage, but I specifically asked for pictures of dents/dings/scratches/wear marks on the outside and inside, you said there were none. Then there's the snow tires. I was told they were in good condition and they're not, they're toast. They pass inspection, yes, but they are going to be useless in any amount of snow.

Personally, I think the Buyer didn't want to spend the money and is using this as an excuse, as he was trying to play off that forum members overstate the value of a manual transmission and that dealers do not keep manual transmission cars on their lots because nobody buys them.

I made you a good offer right off the bat and everything went smooth before this. I didn't waste 13 hours of driving and 2 days of my time to come home empty handed. If the car was as presented on the phone, this thread would say sold.

Anyways, the car is still for sale.

Good luck with the sale. The car is in fantastic conditions, except for the smell. I gave a coworker you info; he doesn't care about smoke smell. I just wanted warn other people who do care the smoke smell before they waste there time like I did.

skrelnik 07-21-2017 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Sherwood507 (Post 1590482)
These sentences say everything. This is passive deception. You knew it smelled like smoke and neglected to mention it when you were asked about the condition of the car and if there was anything note worthy on the inside/outside.

To use such a strong phrase as passive deception is outrageous when I supplied you with literally every detail on the car. In my prior post I clearly stated that I do not smoke nor did I notice any odor present. Passive deception would be covering up a known burn hole underneath the floormat.

There was also a dent in the driver's door, which is normal for a car of that mileage, but I specifically asked for pictures of dents/dings/scratches/wear marks on the outside and inside, you said there were none. Then there's the snow tires. I was told they were in good condition and they're not, they're toast. They pass inspection, yes, but they are going to be useless in any amount of snow.

We will have to agree to disagree on both of these topics. What you call a dent I would call a minor ding. I attempted to take a picture this morning but I cannot capture the ding on a photo. It needs to hit the sunlight in a specific manner to be captured. This ding never bothered us and we are meticulous people about this car. What I was going to tell and show you once we were going to close the deal was that we have another warranty on the car that is transferable and covers paintless ding and dent removal, tire repair, and lost key replacement. This runs through June 2019. That dent as you call it would be repaired for free, but it is so small and de minimis that we never even considered it.

The tires you said are toast. I don't know your definition of toast, but the common reporting standards state that 2/32nds or less tread remaining means the tires need to be changed. The tires that you call toast have 5/32nds remaining which per the common reporting standards implies good, and that is literally what I said. The tires started at 11/32nds so we are at about 40% life remaining, which implies another 10k-12k miles. The car was at BMW and we have a report from them confirming the condition. Based on the information I sent you, you could have roughly estimated about 20k miles of use on them considering we swapped them for summer wheels. So to call these toast is beyond me.

I made you a good offer right off the bat and everything went smooth before this. I didn't waste 13 hours of driving and 2 days of my time to come home empty handed. If the car was as presented on the phone, this thread would say sold.

The car was presented with everything on the phone. This is the first time I sold a car via a private party so I am not an expert in this but I texted you that if you wanted more information or pics of anything to let me know. I would have sent you anything, including a video of the car starting, or a video of the exterior, or pictures of the engine bay. I have nothing to hide, the car was kept in great condition.

Good luck with the sale. The car is in fantastic conditions, except for the smell. I gave a coworker you info; he doesn't care about smoke smell. I just wanted warn other people who do care the smoke smell before they waste there time like I did.

Thank you for passing the information along, but you also wasted my time by not asking for more pictures or any videos.

skrelnik 08-08-2017 04:53 PM

Car is sold. Went to a solid buyer who has a e60 M5. Wanted to pair this car with it.

Met some interesting characters during the process and learned a bunch about bank fraud.

please close thread. thanks