The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

Serious Eye Candy from TechArt

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 02:32 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OH NO!!!!

They already built it !!!

Old 02-05-2010, 05:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Too many chrome accents on it IMO. I really like the beige/pewter color....not sure I would buy it in that color though
Old 02-05-2010, 08:22 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by bettermakeway
oh no!!!!

they already built it !!!

hahahaha!
Old 02-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

DELETE
Old 02-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by pipper
i finally got to see a panamera on the road this past weekend and i take back everything bad i said about it before. it looks GREAT in person, pics dont do this car justice. (didnt see the interior so i cant judge that though).

IMO the 7 series and audi A8 are blown away by the panamera. the AMG s-class too. the regular S-class will be ok only because it appeals to a different demographic.
+1

I saw one yesterday when I was at LA Fitness. The car is longer and wider than what the pics make it appear. The interior is sharp too - alot of buttons but most are on the center console and nicely designed. The back seats have plenty of legroom (definitely more than the e60). The 22" wheels in the back blend in nicely with the body of the car.

The car doesn't look big enough to be a full size model, more like a mid size. Either way, based on looks alone it definitely owns the competition.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay
Porsche IMHO went down the drain since they got out the Cayenne, and now this :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
That same belief was expressed about BMW when:

1 - they started building cars in the U.S.
2 - they entered the SUV market

Yet BMW is sitll doing well - I don't think Porsche will do any worse.

As for the Cayenne - what do you think the X-5/M will compete against?
Old 02-09-2010, 04:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by pukka
...what do you think the X-5/M will compete against?
X6 M?
Old 02-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

+1

I saw one yesterday when I was at LA Fitness. The car is longer and wider than what the pics make it appear. The interior is sharp too - alot of buttons but most are on the center console and nicely designed. The back seats have plenty of legroom (definitely more than the e60). The 22" wheels in the back blend in nicely with the body of the car.

The car doesn't look big enough to be a full size model, more like a mid size. Either way, based on looks alone it definitely owns the competition.
i saw a white panam 4s a few days ago with the stock wheels (the black one i first saw had 21" HRE's)...and the stock wheels are pretty bad looking. it definitely needs aftermarket wheels.

things are gonna get interesting when the M5 comes out
Old 02-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Senior Members

That same belief was expressed about BMW when:

1 - they started building cars in the U.S.
2 - they entered the SUV market

Yet BMW is sitll doing well - I don't think Porsche will do any worse.

As for the Cayenne - what do you think the X-5/M will compete against?
Yes but you're missing the point here! I'm not talking about financial status ("doing well"), i'm talking about heritage and prestige! I don't think people care anymore if a prestigious company (eg German car company) starts to build cars in US or China. I mean people have so long moved on since we truly live in a global economy. So as long as quality it's the same they don't really care what nationality builds that product.

Also before BMW entered the SUV market, it was not regarded as a pure sports car brand. Sure it made sports saloons and some sports coupes but it also built big luxury cars like the 7 series from 1977. That's 33 years! Also the X5 is being built for how long ? 11 years? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

So only until recently when the Cayenne poped up (2002) and (2009) with the Panamera, Porsche was a pure breed sports car company. Also correct me if i'm mistaken. In a way until 2002 Porsche could be named "Germany's Ferrari". Can you say the same thing now?
Old 02-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

For all its worth, I think its more honest that Porsche just started selling 4-door cars and SUVs under it's own name and didn't go inventing a brand, like Toyota did with Lexus or Nissan with Infiniti and so on.

As for prestige. the world is changing - for better or worse - we either "lead, follow, or get out of the way"

Having seen several Panameras in real life already, I must say, I love the car. I think it is a real Porsche and it is probably a great car to drive. It is somewhat overpriced IMHO, but so are all German cars.

Tuned Panameras are becoming a tuner's favorite all over, so instead of resisting - even if you don't initially like it - I'd rather go with the flow and try to understand and embrace the change. At least this way, there is a chance I'll be around when the next change occurs - and who knows, I might influence the next change.

Above said, it is true what they say - to each his own, so if someone doesn't like it, he doesn't have to look at/buy/drive it.

Quick Reply: Serious Eye Candy from TechArt