The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

last minute spirited driving

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 12:28 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

i was dropping off my girlfriend tonight. she kept me till midnight. well in cerritos, barely anyone in the street at around 11:50, i see a blue civic si and a silver altima. civic was noticeably modded and easily caught attention. the civic kept flooring it and letting off but the altima wasnt taking it, and i was just following behind observing. pretty soon the civic takes a left and me and the altima are side by side.

the altima was dropped,, debadged, had tinted tail lights, and had quad exhaust. wasnt one of the new ones though. i wasnt sure about the rims but they were dark gray or gun metal and looked like the rims of an altima se-r. i wasnt sure though. im not sure if he had anything else in his car either. im guessing it did just from looking at the driver and hearing it at idle at the stoplight later on. well we started pacing each other, then he drops back (probably to see what kind of bimmer i have). then he floors it. right when his bumper passes me i get on it and pull until im a car length ahead, then slow down. we come to a light and we lower our windows.

first thing he says is the question if i have the 3.0 inline in the 530i. i answered yes and then he just nodded his head and said "lets go". we roll up our windows, and just then my gf tells me that he had a passenger with him too. when the light turned green he gets the jump. he's about 1/2 car length ahead while im in 1st and shifting to 2nd (im driving step, and the roads are clear btw. i wouldnt have taken it if there were even light traffic). by the end of 2nd we're even, while shifting into 3rd i get slightly in front of him, maybe by a bumper and still pulling. up ahead a dodge ram turned into his lane and we went until he was behind the truck.

i let off once we were nearing the truck. wouldnt be fair if i just kept on going. wished that truck wasnt there though. by the next stoplight we lower windows again, waved, and parted ways. was a cool guy. just felt like sharing. was a good run all in all.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

cool. so the chip works? anyways becareful of street racing , especially at night
Old 04-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

NeRwEEzy,
What chip is alpinewhite talking about? Did you get your ECU reflashed?
Old 04-15-2007, 10:13 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

yeah i got my ecu reflashed by eurorev before the wheel power meet. i did want to do the dyno like you would do, but that would just kill my money and time. i knew they weren't going to BS me about the chip, and they did give a pretty good deal compared to others, and i only heard good things about them so i just went ahead with it. there was a difference. more throttle response. i would even end up peeling out sometimes when i turn when im not even trying to. plus, i know its not by a g-timer, but it seems like im running 0-60 a tad faster by a stopwatch. cant wait till i can really time it though. and the sound of my exhaust became deeper too. so far im happy with the results.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Link?